VISTA AIRPORT VALET PARKING / THEFT AT PARKING LOT

1 50 FRONTAGE ROADNewark, NJ, United States Review updated:
Phone: (973)465-9400

On December 30th, I parked my car at Vista Parking. My reservation was made via internet. When I came to the parking my car was immediately picked up and taken to its spot without any problems. On the day I returned, January 6, 2007 my car was brought back to me quickly seemingly with no problems.

Before I left my car at the Vista Parking Lot, I reset my mileage to 00. Upon my return, there were extra 210 miles on my odometer, gas tank was almost empty and several personal items were stolen from the compartment, such as: Ipod ($499) and Dupont Lighter ($890).

I immediately reported these problems to the lot attendant who gave me the number of the general manager Christy. Christy informed me that she will notify the parking lot owner. Since that time, I have not heard back neither from Christy nor the parking lot owner. This is the way to handle claims. Since parking lot attendats having the keys from all parked cars they can do what ever the want with the car while you traveling.
Since I did not hear from Vista anything I made a police report. PO says that this is regular situation with Vista Parking.

As a very dissatisfied customer, I will never use the Vista Parking Lot services again.

Comments

• M
      22nd of Apr, 2008

Vista lost our car keys and couldnt care less. We got off a 4.5 hour flight, went to get our car and our keys were missing and our car was left open.

My parents had to drive 70 miles to bring us an extra set of keys to our new car. A new set of these keys is going to cost $165.

So far, Tommy hasnt returned our calls.

Vista Parking are ###s.

• Wk
      24th of Dec, 2009

I've worked as a valet while in college (not Vista). Most guys are experienced, courteous and careful with the cars esp. the expensive ones. But the fact that there is a blanket insurance on valets gives some guys the nerve to be macho sporty when taking a customer's car. They do fast maneuvers, turns and quick brakes that they probably would never do had the car been their own. Especially if the car is a sports model. Earnings are almost entirely tips and valets are often overloaded with lots of vehicles come in.

Occassionally damages do happen and the customers often don't notice minor things. No one takes care of your car like you do. If you notice something stolen or damaged, immediately file a (not a complaint alone), but a claim with the company and obtain a written acknowledgement. Insurance should cover all costs.

If you are too concerned, don't have a valet park it. Its something you can do yourself at the cost of a few dollars extra and a few minutes.

-WG

• Lo
      1st of Mar, 2011

Don't park your car at Vista! After getting into an argument with the manager on site (Curtis) after waiting for over a 30 minutes to get picked up, he then came from behind the counter, got into my face and cocked his hand back like he was going to hit me. Luckily for me, another customer came in at that moment, and he quickly went back to behind the counter. The other customer suggested I call the police but I was already late to work, due to them not picking me up when they said they would, so could not afford to do so.

But what I did was call their customer service manager, Lou Frigano. For anyone else who has had issues with this company and would like to speak to him his direct # is 973-263-1119. Unfortunately though, you will be treated just as poorly if not worse by this person. At first, he was very polite and apologetic about what had happened to me and promised to get to the bottom of it. I suggested that he watch the tape (they have cameras in the office) so that he could see exactly what I said happened. He said he would and would call me back.

Well after a week of not hearing from him, I called back and was treated as unprofessionally as it gets. First he told me, that even though he didn't watch the tape, he knows that what I told him didn't happen. And then accused me of being a "scam artist" and a "liar" and hung up on me. After getting over the shock of what just happened, I tried calling back and asking for the president's name and #. Of course, he did not give that to me and hung up on me again. After calling again, he then pretended to put me on hold, while he got the president, which he never did and then hung up again.

I have never dealt with a company as unprofessional in my life. And I can only hope that if they do have a president, this will somehow, reach him and something will be done about this. And I also hope that anyone potential customers who read this, will choose to park elsewhere. There are plenty of other reputable and cheap parking lots at Newark that I trust would never treat their customers like this.