Visions Electronics / customer service piss poor at best

Winnipeg, MB, Canada Review updated:

My name is Brett and I had a tv that stopped working about a month ago. I took it to video refit in winnipeg, and visions on regent told me they were going to replace my tv with a samsung plasma which of course was not in stock, no big surprise there as I read a couple of complaints on the internet, of the round around that other customers got in the same situation. My wife and I went to visions on Regent and talked to Graham one of the managers there, everything was fine and dandy he was very helpful and I even told him that I was concerned about getting a round around because of what I read. this was on friday night april the third I believe and we were told to call on Monday to see when our tv would be here. So that means the tv should of been order on monday or so one would think. My wife called because I have a business to run and don't have much time in the day to be calling anyone, I usually don't even keep my phone on me . She was confronted by a very rude women on the phone that would only give her one answer, that the only person who knows anything about it is in mexico and wouldn't be back until the 9th of april, which is stupid because she wasn't even there to begin with so how could she know anything about it. she then asked if there was anyone else there that could help her, and once again she rudely replied her name is Jill and she won't be back until the 9th, she repeated that three different times. Now she made it seem like my wife was asking stupid questions, when in fact she was giving her stupid answers. Its hard to believe that there is only one person who know's how to use a computer to check when a tv would be in. My wife called again on tuesday and asked for Graham because she didn't want to be talk to again in such a rude manner, but Graham wasn't in that day. now by this time I am ferious with the way that their employees treat their customers, and I tried to call the head office on wedesday to find out about my tv and possibly report a complaint on this rude women. I left a message with customer service to call me back. three hours later I get a call and of course by this time I don't have my phone on me and I can't be sitting around waiting for a phone call. By this time My wife has called visions on Regent and finally talked to Graham which hasn't been at work in a couple of days, and if he was any good at his job he would have explained to someone their that we would be calling and to give us info. He couldn't believe that no one could tell her anything(###(cough)) about the tv, and he appoligized for this rude womens comments. Now after looking in to it he finds out that the tv hasn't even been ordered yet another big surprise. He says that the tv is discontinued and we can't get one, but we have a in store credit of $783 dollars which could be put towards another tv, and by the time you add the cost to upgrade and the cost of the warranty I purchased with the first tv I mays well just buy a new one. My wife replies with, well I had to do some investigating myself because no one had the time to do so there. She tells him that there is 16 tv's in south Edmonton and we want one. He calls back to say that he can get one but it is going to take ten bussines days which is ridiculous. it only takes 20 or so hours to get from Edmonton to Winnipeg, Now I understand that there are other deliveries on the way but ten business days is a little unreasonable. Now if the tv was ordered on Monday like it should of been I probably would be ok with the ten business days as we would get it the next week, but now we won't see it for another two weeks, and this is all thanks to one rude women that I hope is dealt with properly or she will keep being rude to your customer, and basically she is representing visions when she answers the phone. But now that I read more complaints I realize that everyone who works there is as stupid as it gets. They remind me of that movie with luke wilson idiocracy, only the people in that movie are a little bit smarter

Br

Comments

• Fo
      Jul 08, 2009

whats funny is that you must have just read the other visions complaints because the idiocracy reference has been made in two others. If i must also say is it the salespersons fault that it would take 10 days to ship? becaue he actually drives to edmonton to just grab you one? use your head... all i can say is that atleast he was decent enough to say it would take 10 days not just yeah it will be here in 3 days then just kept daying it just not here yet not??? i know i prefer to deal with honest people..maybe that just me... And have you ever worked with some one that is half decent at their job and caught on a bad day I can only assume that, that is what happened to you because if you think about it, its not worth any companys time or money to hold on to an employee who isnt understanding and rude...but its prolly a good thing you were able to find something to complain about.

• Sp
      Oct 02, 2009

Dear Brett,
    You're ###ed.

Sincerely, James.

•   Dec 22, 2009

Thanks for the heads up Brett. The sales people that responded are on coke

• Da
      Jun 30, 2011

I always thought Visions was a good place to shop. UNTIL I bought a pioneer AVR with extended warranty. The unit worked for 1 month...and then failed. I didnt think it was going to be a 6 month drama show. I brought the unit to visions they sent it away for 8 weeks (I hooked up the old harmon kardon) 8 weeks later Visions calls me to come pick up my AVR. I bring it home and hook it up and get ready to watch a movie we just bought. turned the AVR on and it comes up with the same code that was on the machine when I took it in. I called Visions in the morning and they said that pioneer has void warranty because the unit has no "Feet" and apears to have been improperly serviced in the past. Now Im furious I told Visions what feet? and that the unit hasnt been touched by anyone except who ever they gave it too. they called me a liar and insisted that there was nothing Visions is going to do for the 800 AVR and extended warranty I purchased...Being a consumer dont I have rights? the unit didnt even last a month. We never removed any piece of the AVR nor did we open or tamper with the unit in anyway. Visions sells me an extended warranty that would kick in after the 1 year manufactures warranty and they basically tell me (in a very non professional way to go >>>>> Myself???) I am going to call the people helper, file a complaint with the BBB and ensure I have a post on every social media page, consumer report page. it may seem little but If we can stop a few people from shopping there it will save them trouble. Im going to call visions head office in the morning and see what they have to say...I will report what CORP has to say and if they are any different than their stores, it sure seems like a shotty way to do business.

• La
      Jul 25, 2011

I'm curious to know what type of business you run. You don't normally carry a phone with you [always great for business when nobody can get in touch with you], and your grasp of the English language seems tenuous at best. You obviously can't even understand the difference between "their", "there", "they're", much less when to properly use them. There's also this great thing called punctuation - you should give it a try. I for one think that a few weeks without a television would be a good thing for you, as it would allow you the opportunity to read a book or two [or just read SOMETHING]. Perhaps you'll even find the use of the term "run-around" somewhere in your reading, so you don't ever use the term "round around" ever again [what the [censored]?!?!?].

• Du
      Oct 04, 2016

"Insults are not arguments, when people resort to insults and personal abuses, then, they have run out of logic"

Instead of addressing the issues, you choose to insult the customers? Thanks for reinforcing the thought of not doing business with Visions ever again. Think carefully before making a purchase at Visions. If something goes wrong after they get your money, instead of getting help, you might get insults instead.