Visions Electronics / 60 day price protection

1 Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada Review updated:
Phone: 1-888-855-9855

I had purchased a lg (Model: 37lc7d) for $899.00 ($1041.59 with taxes and disposal surcharge) from visions electronics on january 27th, 2008. One week after the purchase I noticed the same tv was going for a cheaper price $799.00 @ futureshop. I had remembered during my purchase from visions they offered a "60 day price protection" guarantee! I was very happy with this and filled out the necessary paper worth that came with my receipt and mailed it (January 31st, 2008) off to their calgary office for procesesing.

Weeks had gone by and I heard nothing back from visions regarding my price protection refund, it says estimated processing time 3-5 weeks on their pdf forum located on their website.

So I then sent an email to their price protection inquiry email address and received the following response.

"mr. Cook, I have checked and your application has not been processed as yet. I note that your purchase was made on january 27, therefore, I am assuming that your application was received at the end of january or beginning of february. I am not as yet processing applications from the end of january. It will probably be a couple of weeks more, in line with the 6 - 10 weeks".

To this date I still have not received my refund and considering small claims court.

I had then contacted their head office and was hung up on several times by whom ever picked up the phone.

Head office inquiries

For general head office inquiries, please e-mail us at general inquiries or call us at [protected] during office hours of monday - friday 8:00 a. M. - 4:00 p. M. Mst.

I have sent several emails, and tried to contact the head office now multiple times a day and would like a date when my refund will be given.

Comments

• Da
      5th of May, 2008

Just a follow up on this.. i did get a reply back from the BBB and this was the out come.

We received your complaint and immediately forwarded it to the business involved.

We regret to advise you that our effort to assist with the satisfactory resolution of your complaint has failed. We have not received the requested written response from the subject company. From this we must conclude that the company chooses not to cooperate with the BBB in this instance. In handling complaints involving non-accredited businesses, we rely on the voluntary cooperation of the business.

This complaint case has now been closed as a “no response” complaint in the company’s file.

The BBB develops and maintains Reliability Reports on companies across Canada and the United States. This information is available to the public and is frequently used by potential customers. In the case of your complaint, the company's failure to promptly give attention to the matter will be reflected in the report we give to consumers.

If the company has contacted you directly and resolved this complaint, please notify the BBB immediately.

A summary of this complaint case can be seen at the following website address: https://ebindr.bbbvan.org/complaint/view/1218165/c/gici2j .

• Du
      4th of Oct, 2016

I should have seen your post sooner. I bought a camera + lens lens from Visions in August 2016. The price from another retailer became significantly cheaper in less than 60 days (less than 30 days if counting from the day that I received the kit.) Guess what! Visions refused to price protect.

Please don't give this in-my-opinion unethical retailer anymore business. Please don't get duped, especially when there are more reputable resellers out there.

I chose to buy from Visions -- as at the time, the more reputable resellers didn't have this specific kit in stock. I thought there was no risk involved as Visions claimed that "Visions Rewards members are eligible for 60 Days price protection on their purchases." I should have been patient and waited. Lesson learned.