Vision Financials INC / Unclaimed prize winner

1 1900 Brannan Rd, ste 300McDonogh, GA, United States Review updated:
Phone: 514-690-8429

I received a letter in the mail stating I am a winner of unclaimed prize money in the amount of $57, 000.00. Evidently my name had been randomly selected throught a computerized ballot system. This letter claims the company's sponsors are "Readers Digest, Publishers Clearing House, Online Sweepstakes, Internet Games etc..." A check for the amount of $3, 984.45 "which covers both the administractive taxes and Clearance fees of your winnings" accompanied this letter. The letter instruced me to contact "Erica McDaniel" at [protected] not later than 8/4/08. I called this number an received a message indication the voice message system was full and could not accept new messages. I researched the web and read information regarding multiple scams such as Lottery Winnings, Secret Shoppers, etc. All of which mentioned Canada, New York, Phoenix AZ, and Georgia. Theletter I recieved was post marked in Canada, the address of the company is in Georgia, there is a New York address on the back of the letter, and I live in Phoenix. It was very obvious to me that there was something unusual about the letter I recieved. The quality of this "prize notification" was very poor examples: multiple misspelled words, poor grammar. Please do your home work! The people behind these scams are relentless thieves and should be prosecuted for their crimes. Don't allow yourself to fall vicitm of their game. Continue to report any scams you encounter to inform others.

Am

Comments

• Co
      16th of Aug, 2008

I Cory Colbeth received a letter with a check in the amount of $3, 984.45. It was from Vision Financials, and they said their sponsors were Publishers Clearing House and Readers Digest. I ahve been trying to contact the number on the letter, and it says it is no longer in service. I deposited the check into the bank and it was returned. I would like to know if it was a fraud check or if this is legit. If it is false, i would like to know who i can file a complaint with.

Cory Colbeth
    44 Harvard Street, Marlboro, Mass. 01752 508-229-7726

• Ci
      14th of Nov, 2008

was it a wells fargo check