Vision Financial / Harrassment

Purchase, NY, United States Review updated:
3.95
Phone: 866-761-3592
This company has called me several times regarding a debt that is so old it has dropped off my credit report. I have spent the last few years cleaning up my credit, and now I am getting collection calls from these people! I have asked them several times not to contact me any more. I talked to a Supervisor (supposedly) today, and he told me the only way they would stop contacting me is to send a Cease and Decist letter to: PO BOX 900 Purchase, NY 10577. I will be doing this, but I will not be using a return address, as I dont believe they are going to stop. Then they will have my address, and I will surely get letters in the mail.
Po

Comments

Te
  27th of Oct, 2009
The exact same thing happened to me. The the representative I spoke with called me a loser and spoke badly about my parents calling them stupid. I was outraged and asked for a supervisor who could not speak english well. It was a mess.
Li
  8th of Dec, 2009
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
They took monies out of my account 7 days before we had agreed and then said I called them on the 22nd of October stating I was on drugs and to run my card for $750 dollars when in fact I called on the 22nd and asked they DO NOT run my card because I had just gotten out of the hospital. I supposely talked to a supervisor who said she has notes stating I said I was on drugs and too run the card and I told her I didn't say that so she was supposed to listen to the tapes and get back to me which she never did...In the meantime I did not even have the money in the bank when they ran my card so I racked up 2 charges for 35 dollars a piece from my bank...
Li
  8th of Dec, 2009
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
well maybe this will help someone
Fr
  4th of Feb, 2010
We spoke to a customer service rep today regarding a medical bill for my daughter, which we never received a bill prior to receiving a collection notice from Vision Fiancial Corp. The woman I spoke with just wanted the money today. She did not want to hear that this was the first time we knew there was an unpaid bill. We have health insurance and it should have been process and paid by our health ins. She basically said that was between us and the ins company she needed pay't from us for he entire amt. We stated we could not pay for this bill that's why we have ins and would contact our health ins first to find out what got paid or didn't get paid and why and we would call her back today or tomorrow depending on how fast we would get an answer from the ins co. She then stated we need to call back today, she was there until five and tomorrow she would be out and we still needed to pay that the ins would not pay them.
We then called the health insurance company who ended up on a three way call with another customer serv rep from Vision Financial, who said they would put the account on hold and would contact their client to inform them that they needed to process this via the health ins. And she would make sure this did not effect our credit report.
We then called the first rep back since she was not involved in the three way call with the ins co, she stated that that other rep should not have agreed to anything because it's not part of what they do. We still needed to pay them and deal with the ins to get refunded. We stated we could not pay and the ins co was going process and pay they just needed the information for the medical service received. We told her we were going to call the service provider directly and ask them to submit to the ins co and reverse the collection.
After a few phone numbers and transfers of our call we spoke with the medical service provider billing dept, they asked for my daughter's ins number and said no problem we'll submit this to your ins co.
How simple was that...I don't know what the problem was for Vision Financial.
Se
  20th of Feb, 2010
I got woken up by these people this morning and they were trying to collect on an account that had been reported on my credit record and settled in 2006. When I told the guy this he proceded to shout and yell at me that I was a "liar" and "did I know what was going to happen to my credit record if I did not pay them?". I hung up and called back after about 5 minutes and got another person and asked for their address and spent the next five minutes listening to how my account was $$$$ and they needed payment immediately or they were going to report it. I'm so glad I have a recorder on my phone. Here in AR only one party (me) is required to know about it, but I went ahead and told them it was being recorded. It didn't even phase them. I dealt with folks like this for two years right after college and am not about to start that again. They're getting reported first thing monday morning.
Pu
  30th of Jun, 2010
I made the mistake of authorizing them a ONE-TIME payment out of my account, and they started trying to get it out EVERY month. Now, I have to dispute the transaction in order to get my monies back !

The BBB will hear from me about this !
Jw
  26th of Feb, 2011
phone calls at 7:59 am nasty harassing threatening anti people at Vision Financial.
  30th of Aug, 2011
This company has an inquiry on my credit report that I did not authorize. I've never heard of them and the telephone number on my credit report is a non-working number, imagine that. Not a quality company or quality employees you can bet.
Kn
  30th of Nov, 2011
They are on the warpath...they call me constantly over an account that has not had any activity in about 7 years...They think they can out smart me because they have my last 4 digits of my social... I know the statute of limitations in the state of MO is 5 years for credit cards. I also know
DO NOT ADMIT THAT YOU OWE THE DEBT, DO NOT AGREE TO PAY THE DEBT AND DO NOT AGREE TO SEND ANY MONEY TO THEM. If yo do then the statue of limitations might start rjnning all over again giving them legal right to sue you. They are on my last nerve honestly.
Mr
  19th of Apr, 2012
I have been in the collections business for close to 20 years, and I know of Vision Financial Corp. While I do not agree with their methodology in most cases I feel this needed to be written. I see complaint boards like this all the time, where the agency "threatened" me or "cursed" at me and I'd say 99.9% of these claims are garbage. The truth of the matter is that the majority of the people posting on these complaint boards claim to have no debt and do not owe anyone any money, but they seem to know an awful lot about collection law and statute of limitations. Guess what, the regular Joe out there that actually has no debt or really doesn't owe any one a dime, DOESN"T KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT COLLECTION LAW. You know who does? DEBTORS. What amazes me is half of the stuff that these debtors quote like scripture, is incorrect, they want to quote law and sound tough but they can't even manage to get it right, laughable.
Pa
  27th of Oct, 2012
Mr Cash probably works for Vision Financial, they are a bunch of crooks, I have been called on a debt that is over Seven years old and was already off of my credit, they wanted me to accept the old debt and make a payment on a repo that was never accounted for. Vision knows they can't sue you or put the debt on your credit history so they try to renew the old debt by getting you to refinance or make a payment on this old debt, by doing so they renew the old debt and have a new account to harass you with and sue or ruin your credit. Don't pay them, don't give them any information, and don't answer their questions, When they can not get any money from you they will try to sell all of your personal information to whom ever will pay.
Tn
  29th of Oct, 2012
I am now dealing with Vision Financial. I agreed to have a certain amount of money withdrawn from my bank account on the same day, each month. The first month had no incident. The second month they took more than the agreed amount and took out even more a couple weeks later. Now I have to FIGHT to get my little money back even after I sent a copy of my bank statement to them, TWICE! This company is extremely unprofessional and untrustworthy.
  9th of Nov, 2012
CA push you around if they sniff you don't know your rights. So before you engage them to make any arrangement Google these and become an informed consumer.
1-what to do when you are contacted by a collections agency.
2-your rights under federal laws FDCPA and FCRA
3-Validation of debt (VOD), cease and desist (C&D), CMRRR
4-Your state's Statute of Limitations (SOL) on debt.
5-post your questions at debtorboards dot com if things get thick
  9th of Nov, 2012
@Know better in MO.
You need to write them a C&D letter by CMRRR or signature required. Tell them the statute of limitations is expired and they should not contact you again about this debt in any way. That if they do you shall consider that as harassment and you shall seek legal redress against them.

Make sure you record all the calls if they call-keep details of who what when etc. Present this to a consumer attorney-most will take your case for free if you have a solid case and meticulous evidence. Their fee will be paid by the defendant since they will lose. Meanwhile for every infraction you can prove you get $1000.

If you don't have an attorney you can sue them per se. Just go to debtorboards dot com request guidance. It's a simple process.
Sd
  28th of Dec, 2012
Hi, I just looked at my credit report and I have a vision fince on my record in collections and that is how its spelled on the report, I have no idea what this is so I looked up this company on line and it brought me here, I did claim bankrupt and everything was cleared in 2008, however this is the first time this has appeared on my credit report I have never received a phone call or collection letter about this, and I check it almost every 3 months. So who should I call, what should I do?
  29th of Dec, 2012
Stop here and read up my previous post above then continue below.

In your case your state's SOL is key. Is it expired on the vision fince debt? If so you don't have to repay it if you don't want to. Besides you declared bankruptcy and it should not be appearing on your CR, not sure look into this. To resolve this first option is to engage the CRA - Google how to remove inaccuracies from a CR. Write CMRRR letters. Option two is to contact vision fince, see point 3 above. Once this is resolved freeze your CR, it's about $10.
.../continued
6-Settlement Offer Letter - very important don't pay anything without it.
-If your state's SOL is expired the debt is noncollectable, period! That's why you
-Never ever accept/agree/acknowledge you owe/own a debt. Per Federal law first demand a VOD. Use CMRRR (you can call but not recommended. Be sure to record the call). Per fed. law they have to prove you owe, not you prove it.
-VOD must be the original document with your signature on it, not a letterhead stating some amounts owed.
-NEVER EVER confirm your your personal info. Tell them to mail whatever to the address on file.
-if you legitimately owe a debt don't pay anything without a settlement offer letter.
-mail checks with tracking No. or signature required, no electronic access to your bank ac. you will be cleaned out. Keep records for life.

TOO MANY CALLS, CALLS TO FRIENDS, WORK ETC
-Send a C&D by CMRRR stating when, frequency and how they will contact you.
-If you talk to a CA ALWAYS write down immediately, who called, where from, said what, why, when, what, i.e. everything. This is acceptable evidence in court.
-If CA violate your rights each infraction is worth $1000 to you. Thus, use CMRRR and/or record all calls ->evidence is $$$ for you. No lawyer?, sue pro se, see #5 above
  29th of Dec, 2012
15th of Jul, 2011 by manthissitesucks

DEBT COLLECTION HARASSMENT

A federal law known as the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act limits what debt collectors can do to harass you about debts. In most states, like Missouri, the state laws do not provide much protection against harassment. However, the federal law applies to all debt collectors, including attorneys.

The law applies only to "debt collectors." This means that the person calling you is collecting the debt that you owe to someone else. If the XYZ Company calls you directly to collect their debt, the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act does not apply to them. However, if the XYZ Company hires a debt collection agency to collect the debts, the law does apply to the debt collection agency.

Debt collector contacts

A debt collector may contact you over the telephone, by mail, in person, or by fax. The debt collector cannot call you at unreasonable times or places. Typically, this means that they should not call you before 8:00 a.m. in the morning or after 9:00 p.m. at night unless you agree to let them call you at those hours. A debt collector may call you at work unless you let them know that their employer disapproves of this. If you do get contacted at work, immediately notify the debt collector if your employer prohibits this.

Stopping debt collection contacts

You can request that the collector stop contacting you. You should do this by writing a letter to the debt collection agency in addition to telling them over the telephone. Be sure to keep a copy of the letter for your own records. When the debt collection agency receives the letter, they should not contact you again except to tell you if they are going to take specific action concerning the debt.
Debt collector contacts with other people

The debt collector may contact other people such as friends, relatives, or neighbors to find out information about where you live and work. Normally they can only contact these people once. In most cases, they are not allowed to tell these people about your debt, but only obtain information about your address and work.

If an attorney represents you on this debt, notify the debt collector of your attorney's name, address and phone number. The debt collector should then contact only the attorney.

What the debt collector must tell you

A debt collector may contact you initially by telephone. If they do, they are required to send you a written notice within five days telling you the amount of the debt you owe, the name of the creditor that you owe the money to, and what action you should take if you do not owe the money.
Disputing the debt

If you do not owe all or part of the money that is being collected, you can request that the debt collector verify the debt. For example, if you signed a loan agreement, you can request that they send you a copy of this document. If you dispute the debt, you should notify the debt collector in writing within 30 days after you are first contacted by the collection agency. You should write them a letter explaining why you do not owe the money and requesting that they verify the debt. During the 30-day period after you are first contacted, the collection agency should not contact you again until they provide you proof of the debt.

Prohibited Harassment

Debt collectors can call you and request that you pay the debt. However, they cannot harass you or abuse you. These are the types of things that they should not do:

Use obscene or profane language.
Make repeated frequent calls to annoy you.
Telephone you without identifying themselves.
Use threats of violence or harm against you.
Threaten to arrest you if you do not pay the debt.
Threaten to take action such as lawsuits, garnishments, or taking your property unless the collector intends to do so and it is legal. (Creditors must usually take you to court and get a court "judgment" against you before they are able to garnish your wages in Missouri.)

Debt collectors cannot make false statements about themselves or the debts. They cannot misrepresent:

they are government officials;
that you have committed a crime;
that they work for the "credit bureau";
that the papers you received are legal summonses
or legal papers, if they are not;
the amount of your debt; or
that there is an attorney involved, if there is not.

Debt collectors are also prohibited from:

depositing a post-dated check before it is due;
threatening to take your property unless it is legal to do so;
contacting you by postcard.

Payments on multiple debts

If you owe more than one debt to the same collector, you can specify the debt you are paying. If you clearly indicate that you are paying one account, the debt collector should apply the payment to the account you request. You should always keep records of your payments and correspondence with any debt collector.
What if the debt collector has violated the law?

The Fair Debt Collection Practices Act gives you a right to sue in state or federal court within one year from the violation. If you win, you can recover damages for your loss, court costs, and attorney's fees. Remember that the one-year period runs from the date the debt collector violated the law. You should act promptly to contact an attorney if you believe a debt collector has violated the law. If you fail to file your suit within one year of the violation, you lose your right to do so.

You can also notify the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) of violations. They cannot file lawsuits on your behalf, but they can investigate your complaints. Their address is: Consumer Response Center, Federal Trade Commission, Washington, D.C. 20580. You can also file a complaint through the Internet.

What should I do to prove my claim?

You should always keep copies of everything that the debt collection agency sends you. Use a file folder or large envelope and keep all of your letters together. Always keep copies of everything that you send to them.

When they call you, be sure to jot down notes of the exact words they used while talking to you on the telephone. Right after you hang up, write a summary of everything they told you, and what you told them. Note the date and time they called you. Be sure to write down their names and telephone numbers and the company they are with.
Get help

If you believe you have been harassed by any debt collector, you should contact an attorney for specific legal advice on your problem. If you are elderly, or have low income, please call Legal Aid of Western Missouri for further information or advice.

Good luck to you!
Jd
  8th of Jul, 2013
I have been receiving calls from this phone number for about a month. Today, I finally answered. Initially, the call started with a person who did not speak fluent English, who said he had someone who wanted to talk to me, and asked me to hold. After a brief period of hold music, a rude gentleman got on the line and told me he was from Vision Financial and wanted me to provide the last four of my SSN and verify my address. I told him that I would not tell him anything until he told me who the account was with, for which he was calling. He said he could not tell me that, yet he told me that he was calling from Vision Financial. I told him that I would not confirm anything until he told me who the original account-holder was. He was arguing with me, so I hung up. I do not currently have any debts, as I have been working diligently on cleaning up my credit report over the past year or so. If he is not going to tell me what he is calling about, I am not telling him anything. Doesn't he have to tell me what he is calling about? I'm not real familiar with collection law... I'm in California.
  10th of Jul, 2013
It's ok to confirm ONLY the last 4 of your SS and name, nothing else. Sometimes they just have a wide dragnet. But make the miscreant behave, no need for'em to be rude to ya. If they say bingo it's you and you owe some debt, just tell them send a VOD to the address they have on file and hang up.

Debt collectors push you around if they sniff you don't know their game or more aptly your legal rights. So before you engage them to make any arrangement Google these and become an informed consumer, it will save you potential trouble in the future.
1-what to do when you are contacted by a collections agency.
2-your rights under federal laws FDCPA and FCRA
3-Validation of debt (VOD), cease and desist (C&D), CMRRR
4-Your state's Statute of Limitations (SOL) on debt.
5-post your questions at debtorboards dot com if things get thick
6-Settlement Offer Letter - very important don't pay anything without it.
-If your state's SOL is expired the debt is legally noncollectable, period! They can only plead with you to pay but can't sue you. That's why you
-Never ever accept/agree/acknowledge you owe/own a debt. Per Federal law first demand a VOD and hang up.

-pay by mailing a money order or cashiers check only by CMRRR. No electronic access to your bank ac. nor a personal check lest they clean you clean out. Keep records for life.
TOO MANY CALLS, CALLS TO FRIENDS, WORK ETC
-Send a C&D by CMRRR stating all calls are inconvenient. They you allow contact by mail only.
-If CA violate your rights that infraction is worth $1000+/- to you. Thus, use CMRRR and/or record all calls ->evidence is $$$ for you.
To make this an expensive lesson for them add a consumer lawyer that's about $3500 to them but free for you. collectionbully.com or NACA.net,