Visa Express / passport expediting service

Do not trust this passport expediting agency! Their instructions state that showing proof of departure (plane ticket or itinerary) to the government Acceptance Agent is optional. It is not!

I did not yet buy my plane ticket in hopes of getting a last minute deal, but I knew I needed to get going on getting a passport, and felt more secure in knowing that a Visa Express agent would be hand delivering the form and payment to one of the only 13 sites in the country, ensuring that my application didn't get lost in government red tape.

Well, their instructions dictated that I complete their order form online (which requires up-front, non-refundable payment of $70) to bring with me to my local government passport facility. When I got there, three agents informed me that Visa Express had misinformed me - that they could not release the documents to me for such hand delivery by the expediting agency without seeing an itinerary. My choices were to go buy plane tickets and come back with an itinerary, or to not use the expediting agency, despite the fact that I had already paid them.

So I spent another $60 for the government's expediting service (which they say will only take 2 weeks, but I'll believe it when I see it), and am out my non-refundable $70 to Visa Express, despite the fact that they are doing nothing for me whatsoever!

More Visa Express Complaints & Reviews

Comments

4th of Feb, 2009

Extremely disappointed...after waiting more than 10 days for a rush passport for my son, my wife finally gave up and called to get a status. They refused to be clear what the reason for the delay and were less than professional in explaining why they did not reach out to us.

In the end, VISA EXPRESS was guilty of NOT communicating that an item had been missing. U.S. Passport Agency had to pick up the ball...despite the challenge getting a hold of the regional Passport Agency office, they were professional and explained the reason for the delay rested with the failure of VisaExpress to share that information.

Thank you to the folks in the Passport Agency office!

• P0
      8th of Oct, 2009

We are VERY satisfied with the professional service provided by visaexpress.net in obtaining our Brazil Visa (they even obtained the five year one instead of the usual 90 day!)! Hopefully they will be more automated with status updates on the internet (although they respond to emails) by the time of the 2016 Olympics?

• Ab
      26th of May, 2010

Visa Express received my overnighted documents on 05/12/2010, I had paid for the Standard service (8-12 business days). On 5/12/2010 my passport renewal application was being processed with the government. I was not informed until 5/14/2010 that the government wouldn't renew my passport because the pages were too faded/old. So I overnighted two additional forms that they requested. They made it to the Houston Passport branch on 5/17/10. One of the requirements of submitting the additional documents was to have a passport representative (can be found in a post office) watch me sign my additional forms, they verify all the information is ok, and then they put the documents in a sealed envelope that can then be taken to UPS or FedEx to be overnighted. The reason line was not filled out on my application, but the post office passport representative said that the line did not have to be filled out since they already knew the reason. 05/25/10 I am informed about the government not taking the missing "reason line" form. They receive the new form on 05/26 early morning. I am supposed to travel on 5/30, meaning the last day to receive my passport so that I can travel is Friday (5/28). I still have yet to receive my passport.

• Un
      21st of Jan, 2011

I was dealing with Sandra from Visa express for my passport to India . My resubmitted my Visa application because of an error on the application that nobody contacted me about. Sandra was rude and disrespectful stating that I took to long to submit the missing documents for the application. However, I informed Visa-express I was having surgery and recovering. I have not received any follow-up. She was curt and rude saying she’ll let me know when she finds out about the Visa and then hung up. I’ve been very patient with this process that was delayed. I have heard from others that a Visa approval can take 1 day. Sandra claimed that my expiration date the on the passport was incorrect, and she said that she would contact the consulate to verify my passport info and she did not. It shouldn’t take that long for the Indian consulate to get back to her with basic passport information. Sandra neglected to tell me that I was to wait 1 week after resubmitting my application. The only time Visa express contacted was to verify my credit card payment. Visa express I feel does not have polite and professional staff, and if there is anyone that is professional there, please forward my case to them. I will not go through Visa express in the future. Going forward, I can’t recommend using your agency to anyone. If your staff was courteous and respectful maybe this process would not be as bad. I should have went with another agency.

• Je
      11th of Feb, 2011

I too got shafted by visaexpress. I wish I saw this website beforehand. I had to cancel my flight because my passport was sent back from the consulate asking for further information (e.g. itenerary/reason for staying longer). Sandra not only didn't anticipate that, she lied by saying that my passport would arrive the morning on the day of my flight. I called to find out how I can pick up the visa from the local fedex only to find out that it was still in her office. I paid for the fastest services. If anyone is interested in a class action suit: (turingfan11@gmail.com)

• Mi
      6th of Nov, 2011

I WAS SKETICAL ON MY STUFF COMING BAXK IN THREE DAYS. I ORDERED IT THURSDAY AND MY PASSPORT WAS RECIEVED TO THEM BY SATURDAY. ONLY THING IS I RECIEVED A CALL BECAUSE MY BIRTH CERTIFICATE SPELLED MY NAME WRONG. THEY WERE VERY PROFFESIONAL OVER THE PHONE AND MADE SURE THEY GOT MY PASSPORT CORRECT. I RECIEVED IT TUESDAY AND VERY SATISFIED WITH THIS COMPANY. NO COMPLAINTS. ALSO WITH ITINERARY PART THEY ACTUALLY GIVE YOU A LIST OF ALL THE PLACES WHERE YOU CAN APPLY FOR YOUR PASSPORT EXPEDITIED. YOU DONT NESSECARILY NEED A ITNERARY. JUST CALL AND SEARCH ON THE LISTING THEY HAVE ON THE WEBSITE NEAR YOUR AREA. I HAVE MY PASSPORT

• Cl
      21st of Mar, 2012

Maybe I am one of the lucky ones, or, I submitted everything that was required EXACTLY as listed.I received my passport in 25 hours and at a rate that was much lower than similar companies offering the same service.I am very pleased with the results and I would not hesitate to use Visa Express again in the future should I need them

10th of Aug, 2012

Nightmare. Where do i start? I was bounced around between Sandra, Pam and another girl...all of them reassuring me everything was ok -on schedule. I paid rush service (1-2 days), but 9 days later I was still clueless what the status was. They never call back if anything was missing, incorrect...etc...so you better call them on a daily. Be aware - you may be needing to cancel your trip because of them...
    I would never consider, recommend them...a joke company. Yes, i am sure some people got it right and in time...but i am absolutely sure that is the exception...but don't take my word for it...try it yourself. They have nothing to do with professionalism, with fast service (other than making sure they get their share)...and is more suited to operate in a 3rd world country. Stay away from them...or you will regret it. Try other agencies...this one is a scam.

• Me
      19th of Feb, 2013

One of the worst companies I have ever dealt with.

I needed visas for Brazil. Let's skip the days and days of calling them just trying to get them to call me back to give me a status on my passports and Visas. After contacting the Consulate directly, we were told that VisaExpress is not even authorized to deal with the consulate. That's right...all they do is sub-contract to a real visa service and add a service charge. Realizing that, I started doing some research.

VisaExpress is owned by Tony Chau (who also spells his name Zhau to create more indirection). He is involved in a lawsuit for taxes in Houston. The address for VisaExpress is also the same address for a home building company owned by his partner/wife/concubine/whatever. There are other ties to multiple other businesses that share addresses, tax forms, etc.

In short, this company is nothing but a front that charges to pass your visa request on to a legitimate businesses that actually processes visas. My advice is to use a reputable company for your visa and skip Tony and his scams.

• Jl
      2nd of Jun, 2013

Great communication and customer service which were very important since I needed my visa returned for a business trip within a week. They sent the receipt email, update email, and shipment email. They are was very easy to work with, and did a excellent job. I will use them again, and I recommend them for anyone.

• Cm
      22nd of Jul, 2016
    Visa Express - Incompetence and terrible customer service
    Visa Express
    Massachusetts

After spending $700+ on an express visa (that should arrive in four days) I received a call from the agency confirming that I would receive my visa in 7 days (4 days + weekend). Since I had not yet paid for my flight, I said that this was okay. After their call confirming that I would receive my visa by the 11th of May, I booked my flight for the 13th of May.

Not only did they send the visa on the 15th of May, causing me to miss a non-refundable flight because the flight was international, the agency did not return my calls for four days. When I finally spoke to the owner he was EXTREMELY rude to me, often interrupting me and refusing to offer me a refund. Furthermore, the owner's excuse for the delay was a Russian holiday that delayed the process by five days, which they failed to inform me about on the website or the phone (when I called numerous times).

I would implore anyone to think before they use this agency, as the owner himself displayed the worst case of customer service I have ever encountered and I ended up losing $1, 500+ on the trip. Needless to say, I will not be using the agency ever again.