Visa Credit Card / Untraceable debt

1 n/an a, United States Review updated:
Phone: 1-800-673 5172

Hello,

I am writing to complain about a collection that is listed on my credit for $554 as a result of a clout visa card that i had about 5 years ago. To my knowledge the card was paid off in full, but i received a credit report recently informing me otherwise. From what i understand, your company FIA Card services was formerly MBNA America, who owed and provided credit cards to Clout Visa. My goal is to rectify this error as soon as possible and i can't seem to contact any agency to do so, this includes MBNA America, Clout Visa, Bank Of America, and affiliated credit collectors. Please respond with any information that you might have to assist me. Thanks for your time.

Sincerely,
Michael Allen

Comments

• De
      9th of Aug, 2007
    Credit Card (VISA) - Monthly statement not provided!
    India

Please Note that, for this month, I have not received my 'Monthly Statement for SBI Card by post OR by email OR by SMS (which is a regular practice till date). Only, some one had called from Delhi Tel. No.011 30589515 and suggested to handover cheque to your representative. which has been done today, a short while ago.

Now, I strongly urge your office, not to discontinue the system of providing monthly statement. Monthly statement ensures SBI's transparency of healthy business and efficient customer service, which also controls any malpractice by any agency, though nominated by SBI.

• Lo
    United Kingdom
    Phone: +44 704 570 9498
    dylan_rhys@sbcglobal.net

Dear Sirs,

I have been told I have £1, 500.000 gbp. I verified my numbers and received an email with the Visa logo asking me for more details including scan proof of identification.

I telephoned the gentleman above and he reassured me that my cheque was sitting on his desk. He was just waiting for the details to be sent to him.

Is this a scam????

Thankyou
    Regards

• Br
      14th of Apr, 2008

I RECEIVED THE SAME EMAIL AS THE OTHER PERSON. BOY THIS IS A REAL EYE OPENER FOR ME AS I DO NOT USE THE COMPUTER OFTEN. I CAN'T BELIEVE VISA DOESN'T KNOW THIS IS GOING ON THOUGH.

• Lo
      8th of May, 2008

This is most definitely a scam.

I have never entered any competitions and cannot understand why they have emailed me with a prize.

I do not even do any form of lottery or betting.

• Tr
      28th of May, 2008

THANK HEAVEN I CHECKED THIS OUT, I WAS ALMOST EXCITED. TO HELL WITH THESE PEOPLE THAT FEED ON STEALING FROM HONEST AMERICANS.

• Di
      8th of Jun, 2008
    Visa Credit Card - Winner Notification
    Visa
    United Kingdom

Hi

I got the mail pasted below. I want to know whether it is genuine.

Dear Customer,

Your Email appears to be one of the 3 Lucky Winners for April Lucky Draws which consequently won for you £1, 500, 000 GBP (One Million Five Hundred Thousand Great British Pounds Sterling).

You are advised to contact and state your Winning Numbers 17, 67, 28, 77, 45, 32, 01 to your Claims Personnel below for further verification and processing of your claims;

Contact Person: Mr. Dylan Rhys
    Email Address: dylan-rhys1@live.com

Mrs. Hite Shmekia Monique.

• Ry
      25th of Jun, 2008

Yes it is a scam, i live in New Zealand and i got the same email..." your email was attached to these winning numbers... and they won you 1, 500, 000 GBP ...please send your info, blaa, blaa, blaaa, its easy to tell if its a scam, for one they wouldnt tell you the winning amount in the opening email, two: check the email by copy and pasting their names and emails into your browser, and just see what comes up... FRAUD!!!, and if it was real they would work through your countrys head office and they would contact you, and you could meet them one on one.
    So to end never trust lotto emails! yes it is a very good scam, but you would be absoloutly stupid to send anyone like that your details, one day they will email the wrong people and get busted!!!

VISA you should do something about this as its your name going down the drain.

• Ke
      6th of Aug, 2008

I have recieved the same email from these people and I called as well and the man assured me that this was a real contest and that they had taken 3 peoples emails from the world wide web to win 1, 500, 000 GBP. I dont understand how visa doesnt know about this.

• Mi
      22nd of Aug, 2008

i also had clout when i was in high school, I was receiving bills regularly then they stopped coming. I went away to college tried to find information to reach this company to make payments but was unable to, then i see that this account was placed on my credit report as an unpaid debt...how could i have possibly paid it when this company magically disappeared??... if anyone has any contact information for this company it would be greatly appreciated b/c i need to get this in good standings on my credit report.

16th of Sep, 2008

I also had a clout visa credit card right into college to help out with book and fees. I was paying regularly on it. My limit was only $500 at the time then it all of sudden went away so i thought i had it caught up and paid off come to find i did a credit check last week to find it under M&I Bank who got it from Clout Visa who said to contact Bank of America which they don't know what i'm talking about. I keep going in circles but my credit report does say M&I bank had it and sold it but they don't know who they sold it to. I'm lost on this subject.

• Je
      21st of Sep, 2008

I had a clout visa right out of High school. It later showed up on my credit report as M&I bank and now I have a civil suit aganist me from some lawyer they sold the account too.

• Ki
      7th of Oct, 2008

i need help to get information for i can fix credit and i have clout visa m&i bank wutever its called on my credit and cant find no info on it

• Od
      8th of Oct, 2008

was denied access to balance on card

3rd of Nov, 2008

I had a Clout card about 5 years ago and the same thing happened to me. They quit sending me bills and changed companies. I never heard anything back from them until about 2 months ago when they called me to tell me that they were suing me for the past due, but I never received any statements. On another note about Clout, I tried to make payment arrangements to get the past due balance paid off, everytime I make an offer, they turn it down.

• Ib
      14th of Nov, 2008

The same thing happened to me. My credit limit was $500. I spent my limit and paid off the whole thing, chopped my card up and was done with them. They send me a bill about 3 or so months later about owing them a late fee for a bill and that I was supposed to send them the card back. I explained to them that I sent the bill 10 days before it was due and then they came up with some excuse that the lady that takes up the bills wasn't there to get my bill until after it was due. I told them it wasn't my fault but the late fee still stood. Next thing you know 2 years later I egt another bill from them saying I owe like $2000. WTF? They put a lawyer on me apparently but they will settle with just $588. This is bs!

• Cr
      19th of Feb, 2009

I also had a Clout Visa card about 5 years ago when I was in college. I have been trying to track down the company becuase the debt is now on my credit report. I called all the banks that are supposed to be involved with this company and know one can give me any information. This is really insane! It is causing me to have problems with my credit. Please, someone give me some information.

27th of Feb, 2009

I also had a card with them about 5 years ago, I stop recieving invoices and I had no idea where to send my payments. After several unsuccessful attempts to contact them or anyone who represented Clout, I eventually gave up. I didnt know what else to do, the site was down, the contacts didnt work, its was like the entire company vanished from the face of the earth. I knew in the back of mind this would come back to haunt me. I found it odd no one called or mailed me anything seeking payment on the account because my contacts and address remained the same for about 3 years after this happend. It wasnt until earlier this week someone from a collection agency called me and said they where goingto send the sherriff to my home and supena me if i didnt settle a payment for all these random amounts of money. I dont know what to do.

• Kr
      18th of Mar, 2009

"It wasnt until earlier this week someone from a collection agency called me and said they where goingto send the sherriff to my home and supena me if i didnt settle a payment for all these random amounts of money. I dont know what to do."

This EXACT same thing happened to me today! They called out of the blue AFTER 4 YEARS and said I was being sent a SUMMONS in the mail for $6000 I now owe...lol. Whatever! I am so freaked out! They said they are suing me!

• Av
      25th of Mar, 2009

To Kristin and Chris could you please give me the number to the company that has contacted you all. I am trying to pay off a $694 balance and have been getting the run around. I called M&I bank who then referred me to Bank of America, who now has no knowledge of my account. Any help would be appreciated.

19th of Apr, 2009

Now all bussiness is refusing to honor unless client pays at least $50 - likke Village Saloon Orange Park FL this is illegal!!!