VirginMedia / NTL / Crap service rogues and thieves

United Kingdom Review updated:
I have had ntl service for years and since virgin took it over my service has been crap, they got the cheak to charge for a constantly online service when i go to use my internet service it takes up to 20 mins to open up some pages only to have a message saying that the service is not available, it pisses me off when I saw that they were advertising the same service I am supposed to be getting for half the price again as I negotiated getting it at £10 a month for a year but now it's only £4.50 for up to 4mb/s I'm payin £10 for 1mb/s, ###ing disgraceful and daylight robbery for customers that have been loyal for years, total ###.
Jo

Comments

De
  19th of Oct, 2007
Yes. They charged me 50 because they said I was not there when they turned up to repair my digital box. Thing is IO was on my driveway for the whole morning never left once and they never came. Threatened me with court action so I had to pay. I had to get them back to fix my box still and they didnt turn up even though I took whole day off work. Virgin need to be fined alot of money they are thieves, I am convinced someone is committing fraud there and getting away with alot of customer cash. After all this service is not what you would expect from a reputable company...No! hang on. We live in the 21st century where companies like this get away with murder so. yes it is!!! Thieving lying sods. Lets all go to SKY Leave virgin everyone .
Sa
  22nd of Oct, 2007
I am with virgin media for the last 7 months with account number720886902 and since then facing all sort of problems. Even though Virgin media took all the money from my a/c [direct debit] it took them nearly one and a half month to get me connected to broad band. Even though I tried to contact the customer care and inform of my situation the response which I got was sheer crap, when I go to use my internet service it takes up to 20 mins to open up some pages only to have a message saying that the service is not available.

It pisses me off when had to shift my residence. I gave them 15 days notice prior to me moving to my new place and some of the executives in the customer care assured that they will be getting me connected to my broad band on 6th of October any how since i do have bad experiences with virgin media i tried to call [virgin media] them one week before moving to my new house only to make myself assure that they will do the needful without any fail. I am sorry to say that today is 23rd of October in between nearly 12 to 13 times I have tried to call the executives only to request them to get me connected. I am sorry to say that one day i think it was on 14 of this month one of the customer care executives even abused me with filthy language. What he wants me to do is that, I should give the present address of the previous occupier who was living in that house and prior to me. What he said to me was that the previous occupier who was living in that house had a virgin connection and they had not shifted nor informed virgin media about their shifting and hence I cant have my broad band connection unless and until i shall give virgin media their details.

I find it ridiculous and against the law of this land for giving and asking for someones personal details without their knowledge.

Any way , I had tried to contact virgin media today as well three times in phone number which they have published back of my bill. First call lasted for 28 minutes, second call lasted for 22 minutes and third for 18 minutes , all my calls went in vein without no one to answer from the other side.

While taking the connection there was an offer from one of their executives who joined me that if I introduce any of my friends and if they complete three months pay my bill will be credited with £50 sterling pounds. I had introduced one of my friend and she have already payed er 4 th bill and till date I haven't received my credit of £ 50 pounds to my bill. Later the same executive promised that if I introduce one of my friend I shall get £ 30 credit on introduction stage itself, but that offer too went in vein.

I saw that they were advertising the same service I am supposed to be getting for half the price again as I negotiated getting it at £10 a month for a year but now it's only £4.50 for up to 4mb/s I'm paying £10 for 1mb/s, disgraceful and daylight robbery for customers that have been loyal for months, hence herewith i am disclosing my intention of repudiating the contract with virgin media since they are not giving me the service which they have promised and which is the main ingredient of contract .

I would further like to take this matter to of com which I do believe is the plat form for all this types of complaints.

Virgin Media Logo Virgin Media