Virginia College / Unprofessional staff, horrible customer service, complete rip off

Greenville, SC, United States Review updated:

Everything you read on these sites about virginia college. I am currently stuck as a student at virginia college. They hire teachers that are in their early 20's with nasty attitudes! They don't care about the students they are all about the money!! They will try to sweet talk you into staying at the school like things are going to change but it don't. They just need students there to keep the school open and so they can receive a check! Speaking of checks they will mysteriously lose you check. If you call corporate they will tell you the school has it if you contact you campus they will tell you it was mailed out to you or sent back to corporate!! They sent my check out supposedly july 12 today is august 18 where the hell my check is no one seems to know!! All of sudden it's my address. Mind you my first check was sent out to my address with no problem. My second check they had a problem with but contacted me via telephone to get an address to send it to. I received it just fine and they changed my address in the system. This time they manage to call me on my cell while i was in class to ask me to come sign financial aid for next year (So they can keep their company open and scam other students) but all of sudden they couldn't find a contact to let me know my check was sent back to corporate last month!! Then i had to contact corporate to find out it was sent out july 12. Once again they had a problem with my address so i give them my mother's address...Still no check!! The supervisor of financial aid said she sent a task to the corporate to change my address but i still haven't received my check, but guess who did receive their money virginia college!! I attended this school to learn more about the business field and to provide a better future for me and my daughter, but this is one of the biggest headache in the world!! I regret attending this school. Do not attend this school!!!

La
Aug 18, 2016

Comments

• Do
      Jul 21, 2017

I attended Virginia Colleges/ Birmingham/ Huntsville, AL and both on ground and online classes. The on ground experience in Huntsville, AL. was really terrible. The instructors wasn't professional nor had any idea as to what they were suppose to be teaching. My Medical Office Administation instructor; which was a recent graduatecof the college, didn't do anything but talk about her family. I went to the Dean of the school because I refuse to listen to this, when I enrolled as a student to learn my program of study. He talked to her, but the next day she was taking the same class as i. Her let her went at the end of semester but by then, I had lost all respect for this school. But all my student loans and grants was eaten up and taken by them. So here I am, years later, stuck with student loans that has to be forgiven or paid back. Thanks for listening..

• Do
      Jul 21, 2017

The online classes that I took was great but very expensive. I study for two years to receive an Associate of Science Degree in Criminal Justice. Not knowing that the school doesn't transfer credit nor are they acceptable by most colleges. I just wasted two years of my life cramming for nothing, This was not an easy course but thank God I succeeded. But for what? It's no good for nothing, but a reminder of how stupid I was to even trust them anymore, anywhere. My student loans continue to skyrocket and my grants I never received or knew how much they were. Virginia College in both Huntsville and Birmingham Alabama is a ripoff. Sorry to say, but true.