Virgin Spa Hatfield / Incorrect product usage

1 Zambia Review updated:

I was recommended to the spa by a friend. I was a bit skeptic on arrival as the staff working there were talking and laughing about another customer that complained about a breakout they claimed was due to the products. I never paid much attention to that as my friend said she thought the products were genuine and worked quite well for her. When I was approached by a staff member (Sharon), she never even smiled when she asking, "can I help you?", with a serious facial expression. I said I wanted a facial treatment. She laughed and said that it was obvious. I'm not normally offended, but am quite sensitive about my appearance. She said that if I liked she could help me straight away. I was happy with that as I'm not quite sure I would have returned if later scheduled. I was shown to a room and told to wait while she washed her hands in the next room. I waited 15 minutes, and could hear her joking with another staff member about how she wished she could get some decent clients once in a while. I really wanted to leave when I heard such talk, but was afraid of being mocked if I had to walk out the door. When Sharon returned she was nice. However I could feel like she just wanted to get the treatment over as fast as possible. After the treatment I was told that if I wanted to have half a decent skin I should buy two other products. They were very expensive and I couldn't afford it, so I refused. Nothing was said of it, but the look I got said it all. I don't mean to be ugly to people, but this experience will be remembered for a long time as my self esteem is quite fragile. I hope only a kind message be delivered to advise them that they be more polite to their customers. I've always wanted a treatment done and have always been afraid. Now that I know what to expect I'll never go into another spa again, which is ashame. It's nice to be spoiled once in a while.

Va

Comments

• Bo
      29th of Sep, 2009

I know all the staff very well at the salon mentioned above. Clearly your sensitivity toward your appearance has made you a very cynical person.

You come across as a very caring person, at least caring for the would-be future customers of the salon above, however, have you stopped to consider that your interpretation of the situation was completely incorrect. And if so, how considerate are you to the staff of the salon in question? By posting messages like this on the internet you are attacking their livelihood without any remorse purely for the sake of your perceived experience.

It appears to me that you don't actually have a complaint to make...as there was no actual wrong doing to you! Is it wrong to be jovial in the work place? Is it wrong to recommend products, albeit that they are expensive?

It would be fantastic if the number of customers this website has turned away, because of your message, could be quantified so that you could be sued for damages!