Virgin Mobile Usa-cell Phone / partial service for full payment

1 NJ, United States Review updated:

Here is a sample of a letter I wrote to Headquarters at Virgin Mobile.

Virgin Mobile Corporate Headquarters

Chief Operating Officer
John Feehan Jr.
Chief Financial Officer and Chief Accounting Officer

Gentlemen:

My name is ________________ and I am a Virgin Mobile customer.

On Monday, August 17, I make a debit card payment on my account. Upon making payment I was told that Virgin Mobile was updating their systems. In the future customers should be advised of updates in advance so that if technical difficulties occur one is aware.

On Tuesday, August 18, I called Virgin Mobile and to my dissatisfaction I was told I did not make a payment to my account and was never so insulted by your live advisors.

On Wednesday, August 19, I called Virgin Mobile again and was accused of not paying your bill again

Today, August 20 was the first day I was able to access your website. I have been inconvenienced and disrespected by your live advisors who are not knowledgeable of the services that Virgin Mobile provides/

Attached please find my proof of payment from my bank and print outs from your website (all dated August 20) verifying that payment was made and accepted.
For some reason your live advisors are not able to access my account activity and payment history but I was able to do so on your website and print my proof.
I also find it funny how I am still able to receive incoming calls and make outgoing calls but not able to text message. If I did not pay my bill how am I able to have partial service.
I expect for service to be restored to my account immediately and for adjustments to be made to my account for this inconvenience. Not only was I insulted by various live advisors but no one could seem to be of assistance which is why I writing you today.

I can be reached __________________. I look forward to hearing from you immediately.

Still no response and I have been with partial phone service for 4 days. I plan to take this to the media if this dies not get resolved in 24 hours.

Comments

• Ks
      18th of Mar, 2010

Yes Virgin is crooked.

• C5
      10th of Sep, 2010

I can't comment on Virgin's phone service, but I tested their Broadband2Go service yesterday and found it to be very close to dial up. I have cable Internet service at my home and office and Sprint Broadband for my laptops. Although Virgin claims to be using the Sprint network for their Broadband, I question their claim.

My Sprint service averages 500 - 800 Kbs download speeds, with 500 Kbs - 1.3 Mbs upload speeds. During my testing yesterday, the best I could get out of the Virgin Mobile service was just under 200 Kbs download. The $20.00 savings is no bargain.

Trying to get through to customer service is next to impossible. My recommendation is to stay away from Virgin Mobile and go with Sprint or Verizon direct. The 4G system should be up and going in California around the first of the year. I've been told that Sprint will be offering 4G with unlimited usage.

• Rj
      21st of Dec, 2010

I purchased a paylo phone on their on-line site 12/5/10. After attempting on-line and then talking to their CSRs I have yet to get my cell phone activated (12/21/10.). I have never experienced such ineptitude in my life ! I called their help line several times, and each time I was given an excuse, a "trouble ticket no., or " I'm sorry, but I am unable to connect to our technical department, please call back tomorrow." STAY AWAY FROM Virgin mobile. Ron J.

• Go
      14th of Feb, 2011

THEY ARE CROOKS...PLEASE DON'T BUY OR USE VIRGIN MOBILE. THIS COMPANY WILL TAKE YOUR MONEY, SAY YOU DIDN'T DO SOMETHING OR IT WENT TOWARDS SOMETHING DEALING WITH YOUR ACCOUNT. I'M HAVING PROBLEMS WITH THEM AS WE SPEAK. I'M SO PISSED, THE WAY THE CUSTOMER SERVICE REPS TAKE TO PEOPLE IS RUDE AND VERY DISREPECTFUL. THEY HAVE NO MANNERS, THEY SHOULD BE CAREFUL WHO THEY HIRE. VIRGIN MOBILE GETS TWO THUMBS DOWN, FROM ME.

• Kr
      4th of Mar, 2011

My situation is a little different but just as bad if not worse. Yesterday was the 3rd of March, I went into my local store to make a payment that was due that day. I made a $40.00 payment(my monthly payment)and left the store with my receipt. Later that evening I got a txt message saying that my direst withdrawal payment didn't go through and that I didn't have enough money in my account to make my $40.00 monthly payment.Unfortunately part of my service was cut-off. I of course didn't realize this till it was too late.
    The next morning I woke up and called my employer(I've been out of work for awhile now)to do my weekly check-in. I was informed by my boss that he had tried to get ahold of me earlier that morning but couldn't because my phone was working. I had been waiting for this call for weeks. My boss was calling to see if I wanted to go back to work, the job was about six months long and they needed me alomost immediately.Well because my employer couldn't get ahold of me they had to give the position to another laid-off employee.
    In short because the employee that took my payment the day before didn't apply it correctly(he just added the payment to my account instead of applying it to my monthly payment charge). So as soon as he did that it started charging me .20 cents per minute, so when V.M. tried to take an automatic payment off of my card it failed then it tried to take my monthly payment out of my account balance. At this point because of the .20 cents a minute there was only $36 and change in my account so my phone was cut-off.
    So I missed the call from my boss to ask me if I wanted to go back to work and six months of employment because this Virgin Mobile employee didn't add my payment to my account correctly. Six months worth of pay and a job because some cocky, know-it-all employee didn't do his job right!!
    So I got in contact with customer service and filed a complaint. Nothing with any substance is being done and I am so upset. I don't know what to do at this point. Can anyone help me with a suggestion?

Sorry if my story is a little confusing, I am still so upset I'm sure it looks as though I am not thinking clearly.
    Thanks, Krys Vincent

• Ha
      5th of Apr, 2011

I have been a Virgin mobile customer for years. And in the last three years they have had the poorest service I have ever seen. I would advise everyone to not even try their service. First off, I had the monthly plan which I used my debit card to top up monthly. I have gone online several times to tell Virgin not to automatically top up on my card without my permission. Its like talking to a brick wall, they do what they want to, once they have your personal credit/debit information. On numerous occassions they have automatically topped up meaning they have taken the money out of my account after I have previsouly told them not to do it. And their reasoning is after talking to them via phone is that they have reversed the money back on your account and it make take 2-3 days to receive. So what is the purpose of having the option to opt out when you want to if they still take the liberty to take your money whenever they feel like it. This is unethical and illegal. If they have been told not to do it then why continue to do it. I will be reporting them to the Better Business Bureau and have discontinued using them as a provider and wouldn't advise anyone else to use them regardless to their cheap plans. You will pay for it in the long run. They seem to be bogusly ran because you can never get through to a corporate office. Please beware and spend your money somewhere else. This is not a wise choice no matter how enticing it may seem, you will pay in the long run, unless you do pay as you go.

• Ah
      14th of Apr, 2011

I am fighting with Virgin Mobile also right now and I am PISSED - they took money out of my account that they weren't authorized to touch - I spoke with a supervisor to have the money credited back and promised it was done - of course this is the 3rd time this has happened and of course the money is not in my account - with everyone on this website and the way they are doing businesss we should get together and file a class action lawsuit

• Pi
      25th of May, 2011

i have had issues with them in regards to my text and picture messaging which i have not be able to send or recive on either for months they have sent me two replacements that have not worked and when i called to put in a trouble ticket they state it takes 2-3 business days then when i call back in they didnt fill it out right so i have to start this process all over!! i hate them with a passion and cant wait til i leave they ###!

• Lo
      27th of Dec, 2015

I reported them to the FCC and got a call from head quarters within 2 days. I get the plan with 1500 texts & a week before my month is over I can't text anymore. They claim I've used them all which is a lie. And they have no way for you to check your number of texts used which I think is illegal. Must be bcuz of how quickly they responded after complaint to FCC. I knew by them cutting off texts was a way to get me to buy more for the month or to up my monthly agreement to unlimited everything. Sure enough even the "executive" that called me said to buy the unlimited plan. Complain to the fcc on everything they do!