Virgin Mobile / extra charges after contract ended

1 No.8,9th Street. Gardendale.Bishop LavisCape Town, South Africa Review updated:
Phone: +27833997909

My cellphone contract was fully paid up so I phoned Virgin on the 20th August, spoke to "Happy" to forward a statement to me to verify that and he informed me that I can only get a statement in October because I needed to notify them one month prior to date. I disputed this and contacted "Hello Peter" to establish if this is even legal. Why should the client notify them when a contract is legally finished, they should phone client to enquire if the client wishes to continue, I really think the consumer board should make that an issue with all cellphone companies. Long story short, they handed me over to a collection agency, who handed me over to an attorney. The payment I made per month was R122.00. The attorney's letter dated 4/9/2014 said I have been handed over for the amount of R389.00 plus costs. Where does one month extra come to that amount. Then I received a statement from collection agency dated 9/10/2014 which shows outstanding amount as R439.88 which obviously included their costs.
I decided to drop dispute after receiving sms and phonecall from agency because I was getting nowhere and costs would just increase. I made payments of R50.00 every month into Virgin Mobile account for about 6 months prior to receiving statement and only one payment of R50.00 was recorded on statement. I asked the person at agency why only one payment is reflected and she said that's the only one they received and I said I paid it into Virgin's account and she said it should have been paid into the agency's account. if I paid more I should send her the proof which I could not do because I was robbed the day I collected my Sassa pension and do my account payments the same day and I kept it all stapled together so that meant I lost all my proof that day. And she said she will ask Virgin about the payments and came back with they can't find it. Even after that, I proceeded to pay R100.00 every month
because I saw their monthly charges comes to R50.60. Every month when I emailed deposit slip I would asked for a statement which they just ignored. Eventually this month I asked them to stop ignoring me and provide a statement as I want to see what the settlement amount would be and they phoned me to say they were not ignoring me but the settlement amount was too much for me to settle, so I asked what was it and she said something like R1300.00 I was so in shock I forgot the precise amount . I asked her how is that possible, if I have paid R750.00 to date, the initial cellphone contract was for the amount of R1379.04 which I have paid completely, yet here they are expecting me to pay a whole lot more extra than the initial price on an error they made and all this for a cheap overpriced cellphone. and how did they get from R122 to 439.88 to more than R2000.
Please Virgin Mobile or their staff are the biggest crooks, don't let them get away with robbing people who struggle to make a living.

Sh
May 9, 2015

Comments

• Ro
      11th of Nov, 2007
    Virgin Mobile - Their phones suck!
    virginmobileusa.com

They owe me for 13 games, 5 ringtones, 3 wallpapers, 1 screen revolver. Also dont let you know the small hidden details and they changed my plan on me. Their phones suck.

• Ro
      4th of Aug, 2008
    Virgin Mobile - previous contract termination
    Apple Valley
    Minnesota

Virgin Mobile terminated my Verizon contract too early. They were told my contract would end on July 28, 2008 and not to cancel Verizon before this date. Virgin concelled it on July 25. Verizon sent me a bill for almost $240.00 for early concellation.
    HELP!

• Fr
      9th of Jul, 2009
    Virgin Mobile - texts stealing minutes
    Virgin Mobile USA

Virgin Mobile sends messages frequently to customers. Since we buy our minutes, every time they call, we lose minutes. The only call we want from them is one that tells us to top up the account. We don't want their advertisements eating up our time.

• Al
      29th of Jul, 2009
    Virgin Mobile - Scam artists
    virginmobile.com

I went up and got a $20.00 top off card to add minutes to my virgin mobile phone and after entering all the info., i ended up with (0) minutes! I called them and they gave me a number that doesn't even exist. Do you think they would give me a refund? HELL NO!

20th of Aug, 2009

same thing happened to me!

• Ba
      30th of Jan, 2010
    Virgin Mobile - Incompetency and bad customer service
    Virgin Mobile USA

I never got through a single month without having a billing problem. Completely incompetent customer servive. I don't know if the other services are as bad but I'll never do business with them again.

• Kr
      11th of Mar, 2010
    Virgin Mobile - no phone service
    Virgin mobile
    New Jersey

I signed up to reinstate cell phone service on my cell phone on 3/10/10. I used "top up" minutes (200) and was given a new phone number, but I have no service. It has been more than 24 hours with no service.

17th of Mar, 2010
    Virgin Mobile - no service/ scam plans
    wirgin mobile
    Australia

signed up for post paid plan ended up paying over double for calls to what plan stated. Virgin refuse to change plan to what i signed up for. i wa told quote 'you get a free phone, so what' by company represntative, a phone which is paid for through the plan thank you.

• Le
      25th of Aug, 2010
    Virgin Mobile - Does Not stand by their products
    Virgin Mobile

Purchased a phone through Sears.

Virgin Mobile refused to activate for a various number of excuses.

Buyer Beware: Virgin Mobile does not stand behind their products whether it is a top up card or phone from retailers.

• Ri
      30th of Aug, 2010
    Virgin Mobile - Why can you never get it right
    virgin.com

I changed my account from a V500 to a V100 but im still getting billed for the V500 after I was assured it was changed. I definitely did not get credited for the V500 this month so I want my money back.

• Ul
      31st of Aug, 2010
    Virgin Mobile - Virgin blocking ported number
    Virgin Mobile

Over 2 years ago I ported from Virgin to Vodacom because of poor reception in my area. About 2 months ago Virgin decided to reactivate my number on their network. Since then I have been unable to receive calls from Telkom, Cell C or Virgin numbers. Vodacom has contacted them to resolve the issue to no avail.

4th of Sep, 2010
    Virgin Mobile - my account
    private
    28341 Patterson ave
    Winchester
    California
    Phone: 909-437-9394
    maggievinnedge2007@hotmail.com

i top up last month and this month and i cant get on to the wed or the internet u office is never open and i dont like to loose any min or test messageing that i have from the month before i would like this looked into

• Pu
      21st of Sep, 2010
    Virgin Mobile - Still waiting for a refund after 3 complaints
    Virgin Mobile

Virgin Mobile have still not refunded an amount that was taken off my account without my permission. This is the 3rd complaint I have lodged and every time was told that the adjustment would be made...

What else must a person do to get some service at Virgin Mobile????

• Ga
      11th of Feb, 2011
    Virgin Mobile - The worst experience of my life
    Virgin Mobile

The Virgin Mobile Call centre is total mess!!! I was on hold for 30 min just to be cut off. This has happened twice and the time you have to hold on for service is unrealistic.

• Ge
      22nd of Feb, 2011

virgin mobile has been deducting money in my account as they like. when i signed the contract they said they going to deduct R120 per month. the service is so undesirable, i dont to continue using Virgin mobile any more. the service is poor, unfriendly. im tired fighting with Virgin Mobile.

• Ge
      22nd of Feb, 2011
    Virgin Mobile - termination of contract
    Virgin mobile
    johannesburg
    South Africa
    Phone: 011 676 5000
    virginmobile.co.za

virgin mobile has been deducting money in my account as they like. when i signed the contract they said they were going to deduct R120 per month. The service is so appalling, i dont want to continue using Virgin mobile any more. the service is poor, unfriendly. im tired fighting with Virgin Mobile.

• Ad
      27th of May, 2011
    Virgin Mobile - lost phone
    India
    complaintsboard.com

sir,
    i lost my cell phone somebudy stolen my phone in bus while i was travelling so please i request u to find my cell phone .

• Ri
    El Paso
    Texas
    Phone: 321-438-2065
    italianrivera2@yahoo.com

I have sent 2 emails of my problems n ur not relpying n I want to know y, please contact me asap its very important I have been a virgin mobile customer for 20 +years n with all the problems I have gone through I just want to speak to someone higher please contact me asap, sincerly Mr.RICKY RIVERA

• He
      22nd of Nov, 2011

Their is no service. They do just want they want to and they dont care. They also say what they want to. They have a licence to steal!!! Whats new?

28th of May, 2014
    Virgin Mobile - false advertising unlimited data not at all
    vergin mobile
    Riverside

u d a l f a U a s a a p a i w w i w i l N u l s a o