Virgin Mobile / simply the worst!
Virgin Mobile Prepaid Phone = Terrible Customer Service + Credit Card Fraud + Identity Theft???
1. They are very difficult to reach. Then keep you on hold forever.
2. As just about everyone else said, the reps are shockingly rude.
3. They have loud, terrible hold music, then terrible background noise while you are talking - worse than the most awful telemarketers - and won't call you back for better reception.
4. They take way too long to get back to you if you email customer service.
5. They give you a password, then a secret question answer that are ridiculous unless you are a teenager (favorite actor/singer/team) or one that is not secure enough (pet name).
6. They don't send your pass code to you in an email like everyone else does.
7. When I tried to put it in - five times - it kept getting rejected, so I called the terrible customer service line, they were again rude, and refused to give me any info, making it virtually impossible to access my own account. I pointed out that they had my name, address AND credit card info, so I had a right to my billing info to check against credit card, but they still refused to even mail it to me. They said something about 'security'...
8. Security??? their system is so technologically insecure I was either hit up with a phishing thing both on the phone and in email within 6 wks or their billing and account software systems are so bad that they completely lose track of your credits.
9. SCARY PART: I got an official-looking alert on the top screen of phone and an email both saying I was completely out of minutes, had to top up. By my own accounting I had used only 50%, but I went online and topped off with a credit card. Phone works again. But because of all the password nonsense, I couldn't check my account for a week. When I did I noticed the account was never credited after I gave the credit Card info. THIS MEANS THAT I MAY HAVE BECOME VICTIM OF A VIRGIN MOBILE PHISHING SCAM, both by PHONE and by email. And they are worried about idiotic password security??? They won't even confirm info so that you could see if you've been a victim of identity theft!
10. I contacted Virgin Mobile... Still waiting on a response. I imagine they will shed no light on this whatsoever. And be rude - again.
11. Although my bank doesn't show unusual activity, to be safe I have to cancel the card - which means spending an entire day changing all the utilities and other bills that draft from that card. ALL BECAUSE OF VIRGIN MOBILE's sloppy, rude services.
12. They only allow access to your account info for 60 days - if you aren't smart enough to cut and paste all the info (very time consuming since they only post 10 items per web page), then you will have even more trouble unraveling the mess THEY created!
13. ON top of all that, reception was incredibly bad. I spent $20 phone + $20 first top-up card, then days of time dealing with credit card issues related to their sloppy security and accounting practices. If someone already stole my identity I could be in legal, criminal and other trouble. You get what you pay for!!!
Thank god I did not get stuck with any kind of long - term commitment. It was "Pay as you Go" - and believe me, I'm GOING - to some other carrier.
More Virgin Mobile Complaints & Reviews
- [Resolved] Virgin Mobile - total rip off 
- Virgin Mobile - scam 
- Virgin Mobile USA - virgin mobile usa - customer service is a joke! 
- Virgin Mobile - somebody changed number & vkey on my account! 
- Virgin Mobile Usa-cell Phone - partial service for full payment 
- Virgin Mobile - customer service
- Virgin Mobile - virgin mobile doesn't refund me the credit in my account
- Virgin Mobile USA - cell phone
- Virgin Mobile UAE - my sim plan is not activated
- Virgin Mobile - im having trouble with cancelling my phone service