Virgin Media / Dishonest Customer Service

1 Poynton, England, Cheshire, United Kingdom Review updated:
Phone: 07931 371775

EVERYONE MUST READ THIS

I ordered SKY TV and a BT phone, and rang VirginMedia to cancel my monthly subscription to TV Channels, Phone and Broadband.

The disconnection department offered me such a tremendous deal to remain with Virgin that I accepted and cencelled all the new Sky and BT intallations. They ofered me a deal of under £45 for All normal channels except movies, 2MB broadbank and free calls on the landline phone, which was a massive reduction to my monthly bill.

We kept checking the bill and nothing had been amended, so eventually rang Virgin to sort it out. They denied ever giving us this deal and told us that no one at Virgin had the authority to give such a deal. You can imagine my frustration. They seem to be covering up these deals by dening they ever happened. They all but calle us liars. Basically we are paying £58 per month, which is a lot more than I agreed with the disconnections depatment.

Has anyone else has the same experience, becasue I want to take this matter further, and possibly take legal action against Virgin. But to do this I need other people with the same story to come forward.

Thanks
Bernie Harris

Comments

• Dy
      2nd of Oct, 2008

I HAVE BEEN INFORMED BY A VIRGIN MEDIA ADVISOR THAT IN THIS YEAR THEY HAVE CANCELLED TENS OF THOUSANDS OF CUSTOMERS DIRECT DEBITS IN ORDER TO CHARGE THEM ADMINISTRATION CHARGES UNKNOWN TO THEM.

THERE REASON AND WAY OF HIDING THIS WAS BY CLAIMING TO COMBINING BILLS. YOU WOULD NOW RECIEVE A PAPER BILL WITH A £5 ADMINISTRATION CHARGE...

TENS OF THOUSANDS X £5 = A LOT OF OUR MONEY = NATIONAL SCAM

HERE IS HOW I FOUND OUT

MY LETTER
    I am absolutley disgusted in the way i have been spoke to and the way i have been treated, After being a loyal customer for 3 years it is an absolute disgrace, also the infomation that one of your advisors has given has caused utter disbelief in such a big company . I was advised that you cancelled tens of thousands of customers direct debits in order to make more money by charging them administration fees for paper bills. It is totally disgusting, Over the past two weeks i have spent hours on end talking to people who dont seem to understand or speak a word of english yet they can call me a liar.

Like i said i have been a loyal customer for over 3 years, For the first two years i was just using your broadband middle for £18 last september i was contacted by a member of your sales staff who informed me for a 12 month period of a special offer of £2 only i would recieve a phone line with talk unlimited to any landline 01 - or 02 number, Yes thats correct so i would only pay £20 in total for the two services. I agreed- A month later i recieve two bills one for the internet and one for the phone, Yet the phone wasnt £2 it was £11 and they had decided to charge me £7 for the talk unlimited, I phoned and they said they would sort it out, Instead i never heard anything, a month passed, another month passed, then i recieved a threatening letter, It claimed i owed in the region of £100, This was very distessing to me as i had always paid my bill by direct debit and had never missed a payment. Anyway after another couple of hours on the phone we realised that VIRGIN MEDIA had combined both bills and unknown to me they had cancelled my direct debit. I wasnt once informed of these changes. I was also informed that the charges included £10 administration charges because i wasnt paying by direct debit, This really annoyed me as my original contract was direct debit and it was you VIRGIN MEDIA that had cancelled it so how could charge me administration fees, Then i get told £30 is 3 late payment charges, Again this is totaly disgusting as i had never missed a payment, i pressumed the money was coming out by direct debit-one that VIRGIN MEDIA cancelled. So after another hour on the phone i reluctenly pay it on my card and we agree to reset up the direct debit...everythings sorted
    3 months pass guess what i recieve another threatening letter, this time sayin g the same thing i havent paid, administration charges, and late payment charges. This now cases me great stress i am absolutly raging another couple of hours on the phone talking to people who dont listen and dont understand, after 2 hours they realise they tried taking the money out of somebody elses account so they once again cancelled the direct debits. This is a joke an absolut joke, they appologise (ha ha ha ) And again i make a payment on my card, this time i say i dont want direct debit, just send me an invoice, they agree...

3 months later...i dont believe this another threatening letter, Is this some kind of sick joke are you really this ignorant, very annoyed i ring virgin straight away, I am put on the phone to an asian speaking man claiming his name is cyril daz, I ask him to spell his name he repeats CYRIL DAZ after about an hour of yet another aggonizing conversation of trying to explain to yet another VIRGIN MEDIA CA He calls me a liar, I say i beg your pardon he explains i am a liar as i am claiming i havent recieved a bill and he can clearley see i have been sent three bills, As he has called me a liar this totaly rages me, this is disgusting how dare he call me a liar, after another 20 minutes of me and him arguing he realises something on his screen that infact i was correct as no bills had been sent because Ebilling had been set up and they had sent the bills to an unused email address, it turns out that when i was last on the phone 3 months prior the woman had set up EBILLING, i vagely remember her explaining it to me but she convinced me my card would be charged automatically- after she took my registered email address and password without my knowlegde or permission she had set up EBILLING cyrill daz was now appologising for calling me a liar he said he was under great stress and he hated the way virgin treated people and that i was being scammed, This is the best bit.

He actually told me that virgin media had cancelled tens of thousands of virgimedias customers direct debits in order for them to be able to charge administration fees.

This is the icing on the cake i am totaly disgusted, i feel sick, you mean to say i am part of a national scam against VIRGIN MEDIAS customers, This is just too much, I phone up to sort out your mess and your troubles and stresses you have caused me and i get this infomation. I demand to speak to his supervisor he then strats appologising and saying no please, I speak to his supervisor who is not interested one bit in a word his colleage had said he couldnt understand what he had done and said that was so wrong, It was like he just couldnt understand how those comments would make me so angry he was more intersted in me making a payment, I demand to speak to a manager, A woman comes to the phone who again is not interested, she appologises for her staffs behaviour but insists i make a payment or i will be swithed off. Over the next few days i am contacted by virgin media staff hounding me, i have spent hours on the phone explaining the same thing over and over and it seems like there is one big communication fault inside VIRGIN MEDIA . I am disgusted.

Anyway after the phone call i decide to visit online forums to ask if anybody had been treated the same, to my amazement it seemed CYRIL daz was correct round about march virgin media had canncelled thousands of peoples direct debits and are now charging them money for administration fees, I couldnt believe it, How disgusted our we now,

I have contacted Ofcom, Trading standars and i have spoken to media and currently awaiting to make an interview with the national press this week, I have been contacted by THE SUN-THE MIRROR-THE STAR all who are more than interested for this story. i hav had to go this far as not once where you interested, i am now awaiting to see how long you take to sort this mess out.
    also i would be very grateful to know what you intend to do about...

Charging me administration fees after you cancelled my direct debit.

charging me late payment fees after you cnever sent me any infomation regarding tpayments.

How i ring to complain and i am accused of being a liar.

How you can charge me administration fees for bills you never sent to my house but sent by em, ail.

i await your call

2nd of Apr, 2009

We have been with Virgin Media for ONE WEEK and already have them cancelling our service as we have not paid, cancelling our direct debit before the bill was even due!!!

I understand the 2 months billing system but this is outrageous.

Firstly, before we even signed the contract, they sent out a letter confirming our back details.. i was mortified to see they were incorrect and called immediately to change them. We were told that we could pay via paper bills at a paypoint outlet. Great so far..

We had utterly dreadful service in having the phone and tv installed, both on different dates yet our contract begun before either was installed (??)..

6 days after the installation, we call to check when we will be sent the first bill. We were informed it will be 28 days.
    THE VERY NEXT DAY, our service has been switched off. So we called to ask why, thinking there was a problem with service or something along those lines. Oh No!! Apparently we cancelled our direct debit yesterday (no such conversation took place, we just asked when the bill was due).
    A very rude and up himself boy called Adam China spoke to my partner like a piece of smeared excrement on his shoe informing us we need to pay £40 today to resume service because of the inconvenience of cancelling a direct debit. WHAT?!
    Obviously reluctant to give bank details over the phone seeing as they buggered it up the previous time we were told that if we fail to do so "right this minute" we will no longer be virgin media customers.
    We asked to speak to a manager, this isn't right we thought, Adam China refused at first, then reluctantly said a manager would call between 8 and 10am this morning. When we asked who to expect the call from he exclaimed 'i don't know'! .. guess what, we're still waiting for this call.
    I am disgusted at the lack of communication and sheer humanity of these 'people' at Virgin media. I would never in a million years expect anyone so dim to have the priviledge of working during this credit crunch, when there are honest hard workers out there just desperate to work.
    I always thought Richard Branson was a man of pride when it came to his business ventures... my my my! I think someone ought to tell him exactly what he puts his name to. Tell you what Sir Richard, I'll come in and sort it out for you. Basic wage will do me fine, I would shame all of your staff. They actually make me sick. I dread coming home from work thinking, what next.. and I have been a customer for a mere WEEK!!!
    Seriously, give me a job. Head of Customer Services. I would ship the lot of existing staff out to the dole and I would hire decent people with manners and common sense. I WILL double your customer numbers, simply by giving a better reputation for customer service.
    I will, without a shadow of a doubt, be leaving virgin media, if things do not DRASTICALLY improve.

Yours,
    Joanna King

• Le
      26th of Nov, 2009

Sounds like you AND your partner are excrement to be honest! Joanna King, YOU are a miserable cow!

26th of Nov, 2009

Work for virgin media by any chance?! You sound very put out by experiences!!

Excrement? I think not dear. Miserable? I also beg to differ.

Get a life leo! :-D

26th of Nov, 2009

Also, I suggest you read the many many forums on Virgin Media's "performances". I am not alone.

PS. Sky is being installed in January so thankfully I am rid of shoddy customer services, for good. I have also prevented many others from going with Virgin Media when my opinion was asked of their "services".

My career involves a high level of client liaison and I would never dream of treating my companies paying clients this way. I treat others as I wish to be treated.

• Mk
      1st of Sep, 2011

One day I pick my phone to dial a number and found that some conversation was going on already, I tried to dial number but I could not . then I ask people who are talking to each other about who they are and asked them to disconnect so that I can make my call ( thought may be cross connection ) next day I report to Virgin media about that . VM infomed me that I had so many call in last couple of week for that bill amount is arround GBP 360. I explain them that I never use my phone to call any mobile or outside country. after that they promise me to do investigation . But After completion of thier investigation they start blamming me that I have made those call. I told them that these number was not dialed from my hand set, it may be some fraud or flaw in their system but they are threatening me to pay bill, I am very upset I need advice please come forward. I want to discontinue services but they are asking money for remaining month of contract I am just scared if I paid this and if I got another similer bill. This episode has ruin my peaceful life. do not know what to do

• Mu
      10th of Feb, 2014

Sounds like that Joanna King is a right miserable fugly idiot! lol