Virgin Media / Terrible scam!

1 United Kingdom

What can I say! DO NOT GET YOUR DIGITAL TV WITH THIS COMPANY! Catalog of complaints:-

*Box Hardly ever Works Properly, freezes, or services are 'Unavailable'!

*Get this, this one will make you laugh (you have to or you would cry!) - received a letter dated 9th Jan 08 telling me that an engineer was coming round on the 8th Jan 08 and that I would need to be home, work that one out!!! (Wish I could scan this in & post it on here as you just wouldn’t believe it would you!!)

*Customer Services is Non Existent & only 1 in 5 of them speak English (although I must say that the ones with English as a Second language TRY and be more helpful & courteous than those who speak English), don’t try to explain anything to them, they just cut your services off or 'reset them'! You can be on the phone for hours and I mean hours and still be no further on when you get of the phone!!!

*Took afternoon of work & waited in for an Installation Engineer from 1 till 6pm, as I was told, and an Engineer finally turned up at 7.45pm! (Engineers were great though and I felt sorry for them when they told me how over worked they were!)

*Bills are often wrong!

*They never reply to your verbal or WRITTEN complaints! Hope this is enough to put you off as would hate for any one to waist the time, money, effort and the jeopardize of your mental health as I have! My final comment is that maybe if they paid these people in call centers and Engineers enough instead of all the Chief Executives awarding them self’s huge pay rises & expecting the people on the ground that make things happen to work for pittance then us customers might get the level of service that we pay through the nose for!