Virgin America / Forfeit of Flight

1 Los Angeles, CA, United States Review updated:

Virgin America does not tell you that if you miss your flight that you forfeit your entire fare. This is not listed in their fare rules when you purchase the ticket and you have to do some digging through the website to find it under their Help Section. BE CAREFUL WHEN FLYING THEM!!!

Cj

Comments

• Fl
      8th of Mar, 2010

They do, it's on the purchase page and on your email itinerary...I know this as I had the same issue with another airline so I always look for this before I buy tickets.
    This is what is written on the rules and restirctions of my flight when i booked in August '08, its the second to last paragraph...its not in blinking lights but it is there.

This ticket is non-refundable and non-transferable. Name changes are not allowed after purchase. Upgrade charges and premium seat charges are inclusive of applicable taxes and fees. Fares and availability are not guaranteed until purchase. Please note that security regulations may require us to provide government agencies access to data you disclose to us.

If you need to adjust your schedule, you can make changes and cancellations via our website.

Flight and/or date changes from Main Cabin to Main Cabin will incur an additional change fee per person of $75.00 for tickets booked on or after June 6, 2008 and $40.00 for tickets purchased prior to June 6, 2008 and any applicable fare difference will be credited or collected.

Flight and/or date changes from Main Cabin to First Class will incur no change fee, but any applicable fare difference will be collected.

Flight and/or date changes from First Class to First Class will incur no change fee, and any applicable fare difference will be credited or collected.

Flight and/or date changes from First Class to Main Cabin will incur no change fee, but any applicable fare difference will be credited.

You may modify your schedule until departure time. Again, our Help section never takes a day off, so please don't hesitate to use it for answers to all your questions.

*Special Request Fees include additional services that were requested, such as: premium seat upgrade, additional baggage, unaccompanied minors, pets, etc. For applicable fees please see our FAQs or Contract of Carriage.

• Si
      18th of Jul, 2016
    Virgin America - Policies
    Virgin America
    Burlingame
    California

Virgin America refused to refund ticket after an eight hour delay which they had advance knowledge of yet refused to relay to passengers. They claimed they offered credit, but did not apply credit to rescheduled flight (due to Hurricane Irene), forcing me to pay out of pocket, and to pay more than the original ticket cost. When I called afterwards, customer service reps were rude, abusive and ignorant of the facts and of their own comptuer system. They still will not refund original ticket. The credit is useless to me as I will never fly Virgin again. They are rude, arrogant, dishonest and aren't remotely acquainted with the notion of honor. Shame on them.

• Mi
      18th of Jul, 2016
    Virgin America - Policies
    Virgin America
    Burlingame
    California
    Phone: 808-781-3294

Virgin America changed its reservations system a month or two ago, has apparently has been deluged with problems.

One cannot reach a live person, hold times are very long or the call is just dropped.

Mail posted thru web site is unanswered.

Snail mail sent individually to the CEO and executives is not answered.

PAID reservations which should all appear in my online profile, are not there. As a result, I booked virtually the same itinerary twice.

My last two lines of defense: (a) disputed charge for the cash ticket, by Amex and (b) complaint to Burlingame BBB, coming at the end of February if no response from airline.

FOR SHAME! I will fly American on my SFO-SEA itinerary instead.

If you have an experience getting a response from them, please post it!!