Virgin America / consumer fraud

1 Fort Lauderdale, FL, United States Review updated:

My friend flew Virgin America from L.A. the last time she came to Miami to visit me. She arrived 25 minutes before the scheduled departure and they refused her seat because they had overbooked the flight. They didn't compensate her or provide her with substitute transportation because she had missed the check in deadline by 5 minutes. She was told the next available flight didn't depart for another 12 hours and that it would cost $450. (She only paid $250 for her original ticket.) To make matters worse, the flight departed 30 minutes late! I know that according to the Aviation Consumer Protection Act consumers who do not comply with an airline's contract of carriage (including check in time) may not be elligible for compensation. I'm checking into it. But either way, Virgin America is super shady. Beware! I will never fly this airline. I have arrived within 15 minutes of scheduled departure on other carriers and never had this problem. WOW! Think about it. Virgin America was paid twice for one seat. I find that detestable.

Comments

• Su
      24th of Feb, 2010

you must abide by cut off time, its not the airline's fault when a passenger arrives late!

do not bad mouth the carrier, all airlines have a cut off times!