Virgin Active / cancellation of contract

South Africa Review updated:
Hi
I signed up a 2 year contract with Virgin Active and to be honest Im not sure for how long I went due to transport problems.So close to the end of that year(last year-2007) I sent them my letter to cancel the contract and explained why I cant
continue with it.So after I sent the letter I heard nothing from them-no letters-nothing.Now practically a year later I get a letter from the lawyers saying i owe VIRGIN ACTIVE money.

I think it's ### that nothing gets conirmed and I'm sure that they didn't even bother with the letter.My dad had problems cancelling his contract aswell.
Le

Comments

Le
  7th of Nov, 2008
Sorry i meant-confirmed
Th
  22nd of Aug, 2016
Hi
I've signed up in Virgin Active in 2015 -06-26 and i was informed that my contract is 12 month's and i was getting a discount with Momentum. December 2015 we were changing medical aid scheme to Discovery so i have to cancel my momentum to Vitality.Unfortunately momentum cancelled everything and when i went to the gym i didn't have an access, Then i was given a consultant (Sphamandla) to assist me.He gave me a new card and i told him that i June it will be 12 months and I'll cancel and he said i can..fine.On the 18 July i went to cancel and i was informed that i have 7 to go and that means i was misleaded by someone who wanted to make commission out of my expense.When i complained no one gave me a Member Service Thanda, Mzokhona, Sphamandla and one of the reception lady who was there on the 18 July .Am well aware that my account is in areas because i was being Dr on the 4th, 15th, 10th wrong dates, and im only getting paid on the 20. Sphamandla did all the wrong things to get Commission.I told Mzo that my Contract must be cancelled by the end of 31, 07/2016..He said he'll get back to me, up untill now. Even i went to gym he said he's to busy to talk to me..Am only going to pay my areas from July and back forward. Without any interest.. Your response will be much and highly appreciated. 0732325051.thandazilendlovu21@gmail.com.

Virgin Active South Africa Logo Virgin Active South Africa