Vip Travel / Sunset Group / Cancum Mexico / Beware of these people!

United States Review updated:
I also had a horrible experience! I was suckered into this by being told I was entered into a draw and that I won a vacation package. I unfortunately signed up, but was lucky enough to realize my mistake in time and asked for a refund 1 hour after signing up. I got the run around for over a week, first being told that my package would be canceled promptly, and later being told that there were absolutely NO REFUNDS. Well, I fought it and was lucky that my VISA company had a resolutions department that handled it in the end. I am still awaiting my refund, which they claim will take 15-20 days, but we'll see what happens next. I did stumble across other complaints about Sunset Group (actually, there are several...which tells you something on its own!!) and they never got their refund! But what I wanted to report was how I was treated by Sunset Group's Customer Service Manager: Scott Collins. I have several rude, and immature, emails I received from him, and someone like him should never be in Customer Service. He actually yelled at me on the phone with my VISA's Resolutions representative...like he was trying to start a cat fight or something. I am saving the emails, in the chance I will be able to report him. But no one in his company seems to care about customer service! My advice: STAY AWAY FROM SUNSET GROUP. Scott Collins should be fired!

A  7th of Apr, 2010 by
The tmeshare industry in Mexico is taking almost a Billion Dollars every year from Americans and Candians. They are taking away their earnest money based on lies and misrepresentation. I have collected evidence to support the claims of thousands of people deceived from this company. Share this info with your general attorney, the Federal Trade Commsision, the Consulate of Canada and USA in Cancún as well as any government agency that you believe might be interested in putting pressure in the Mexican Government to stop these companies from scamming more honest people.

Please visit this website (specially the video section) to know in detail how these companies operate.

N  4th of Dec, 2013 by
I know how you feel, and it seems like this is a common problen in Mexico. I purchased a travel program through Sandos Playacar at Royal Elite Timeshare Resort in Playa del Carmen last March and I requested to cancel within the 5 day grace period but they still have not refunded my down payment of over $9000 US dollars. I have been in touch with people there and they say they are working the process but it takes time. It has now been almost 5 months and I am losing faith they will ever pay me back. This is another forum with more complaints about this company:

I believe we should do something about it, as I understand Mexican regulations forbid the offering of gifts, free vacation certificates or any other promotion strategies without informing the consumer the specific purpose of the offer. I want to complaint with PROFECO about this, and get my money back