VIP Travel Reservations,Inc / Refusal of &free& Vouchers

1 4606 S. Clyde Morris Blvd. #1-p, Port Orange, FL, United States Review updated:

After attending a presentation, we were given (2) vouchers to send to VIP Travel. One voucher for Air Travel, and one for Car Rental. Following instructions, we sent voucher/activation form(s), along with (2) money orders to VIP Travel by certified mail. VIP Travel returned activation forms/money orders along with a letter stating that they would not accept the forms, because the date on the forms appeared to be altered. I e-mailed them to say that the issuing vacation club had also put a code above the date on each form and that
I saw the person who issued them to us log the code #'s on a ledger. All VIP Travel had to do was contact the sponsoring vacation club to check the authenticity of the vouchers/activation forms. I am wondering if this isn't simply VIP Travel's way of delaying the time to submit vouchers, thereby voiding our requests!! I have sent VIP Travel an e-mail explaining everything, just as I have done here and I
am waiting for their reply.

Comments

• Ji
      3rd of Apr, 2009

When did this sales presentation happen?

• De
      9th of Jun, 2009

Did VIP send your deposit back to you?

• Th
      11th of Jun, 2009

IF THE DATE WAS ALTERED THEN YOU WOULD HAVE TO CONTACT THE PEOPLE WHO GAVE IT TO YOU AND NOT BLAME THE PEOPLE WHO IT IS SENT TO. THEY AREN'T THE ONES WHO ALTERED IT!?!?!

11th of Jun, 2009

You see I had a similar situation and I contacted VIP and explained it and it made perfect sense... the certificate I had, had to be sent in with in 21 days, if that date was altered they had no idea of knowing when I really attended that presentation. As VIP and the people who hand out the certificates are not one in the same. I did end up going back to Global Exchange and explaining the situation to them and they gladly provided me with a new certificate with one clear date, VIP excepted it, and I had no further problems. Try that! Good luck!

11th of Jun, 2009

For some reason it didn't show the bottom of that comment. The above was a direct quote from one of our other customers, from another board, who while yes had a rough start ended up utilizing their certificate to the fullest. We do scan EVERYTHING before sending it back and did just review it and it is very clearly altered. We would really like to work with you, but your sponsor will need to provide you with a new certificate.

• Sp
      21st of Jul, 2009

I really don't think it's fair of you to blame a company for something that is out of their control! I'm pretty sure that's extremely selfish of you and better known as slander!

On the other hand I used VIP 2 certificates, 2 airline tickets and a 7 day car rental. They unfortunatly couldn't be coordinated, but whatever, I used 'em both... paid $171 for taxes and fees for the airline tix and paid $54 for the car and waitin on the rest of my dep back from that now. everyone seemed eager to help there and I'd use VIP again and really think everyone who saying oh I'm so thankful I read all this should think again, cause A LOT of these people seem to be self involved, spoiled, whinners, with more than likely noone to blame but themselves... good luck all whatever you decide!

• Pr
      23rd of Jul, 2009

So you should really read the long post titled I totally Disagree! Beacause you are the very being of what I'm referring to... How dare you! People will read this now and think badly of VIP right off the bat, as I almost did... When in all actuality your problem is with the people you took the presentation with!

So i see above where VIP responded to you... did you have the gaul to get with them and admit your rediculousness... was the mistake fixed after YOU took the necessary action... did you go back and post something good when you realized maybe everyone wasn't all bad?... Doubt it!

I had a wonderful experience with VIP, and figured the least I could do to thank them was get on here and try and set some of the record straight... I'm sure they make mistakes, they're human... but put blame where it is due!

• Ad
      22nd of Aug, 2009

The certificates I had worked out great with VIP travel, but then again the people that gave it to me didn't screm mine up. You should really take that up with who you got it from, you can't truly blame VIP for a certificate being filled out wrong and they had to refuse it. Good luck!

25th of Aug, 2009

I would use VIP travel in place of all of you that are complainings place! I have used them now 3 years in a row totalling 7 certificates, all from different venues...

The only certificate I have EVER had a problem with them was at the hard rock hotel and that was because the hotel I wanted to stay at was not excepting reservations at all when I wanted to stay, which I confirmed with the hotel as well... I promptly received my "refundable deposit" as promised on that one.

The other certificates I have had with them have been for (in order since beginning): 2 air line tickets (traveled), hard rock 2 night hotel stay(refunded), marriott 2 night (traveled), 2 airline tickets (traveled), 7 night car rental (cordinated with air), marriott 2 night stay (traveled), and finally ritz carlton 2 night stay (just confirmed).

And I decided that after 3 years of consistant travel all at a fraction of the cost it was time to say thank you... I have received this companies certificates from 4 different companies presentations and 1 car dealership. And it baffles me that this company has virtually nothing to do with the companies representing, don't make any money off of them except for a $35 processing fee per reservation, yet they've been in business for 10 + years... The girls at this company amaze me, they are all so eager to help and good at their jobs and really deserve a pat on the back.

• Mr
      25th of Sep, 2009

VIP Travel booked my reservations with no problem, but I sent it in per all the rules and regulations and there was nothing wrong with my certificates ( I had hotel and car rental). Had there been something wrong with my certificates I'd havd taken them back where I got them by all means, VIP surely didn't give them to me my understanding is there only contracted to fulfill them, which they did for me! ;)

23rd of Dec, 2009

Happy Holidays! VIP really came through for us and it was a nice get away from the hustle of the holiday season, and now we are all relaxed! I had a certificate with VIP, but my presentation was with a company up here. I had the certificate for 2 airline tickets, which I used to go to Salt Lake City at the beginning of the month, and I got a 7 day car rental which I used last month in Florida. The people at VIP were very helpful and efficient and I will be using them again in the future. Both of my certificates did say that they had to be sent certified mail though, which I did with my deposits, and then just had to send in the dates I wanted, it worked great for me.

• Cl
      29th of Apr, 2010

I'm so baffled by all of you (not so much on this post but others, this one just the main complaint). I don't understand how this stuff spews so easily from some people's mouths. The majority of you are complaining because YOU didn't follow the rules, certified mail, the form wasn't filled in, in your case it was filled in and you (or someone lol) changed it, requested a holiday... the person initiating this and the majority of complains on this site for this company and the people commenting on them... bottom line : should have been spanked more as children.

I on the other hand have or had three certificates with vip: air tickets, car rental, and 2 night motel. I feel I've gotten more than my time and monies worth so I'd go ahead and put something credible about these people. So far they coordinated our car and the motel stay for the same time this spring, getting us 3 more nights in the motel at a reasonable rate and upgrading our car to a standard size cheaper than I could have myself. My air I didn't request till August and wont hear for a bit yet, but feel they have already done a lot for me.

I however, unlike most of you, REALLY DID follow the instructions.

20th of Dec, 2010

Thank you to the majority here with the nice comments. I'm glad most of your travel plans worked out well and if we can be of any assistance to you with future travel needs, please let us know.

22nd of Dec, 2010

I didn't have the air or car many of you speak of, I have 2, well had, what they call enjoy certificates. They were both good for a 2 night hotel stay. I got to use both of them in the past few months, 1 in Las Vegas and actually got a third night free, and the other I used a week or so ago in Gatlinburg to see the season change, it was so pretty. All I had to pay were my hotel taxes at the property. The first one I got my $50 deposit back about 9 weeks after we traveled and I just sent in my receipt from the hotel on the second one. If I get the chance to use VIP again I will.

• Ge
      4th of Jan, 2011

I didn't see any mention of free other than from the original company that offered the promotion for listening to their sales pitch, but they didn't refuse our vouchers. I had their Fly USA certificate as well as a 7 day car rental and it cost us $131 for the air and $59 for the car. We also paid an additional $23 to upgrade our car rental. It all seemed to work very well for us for our trip to Portland to see our grand kids.

• Bl
      11th of Jan, 2011

It sounds to me like a lot of whining, why would it be VIP's fault that you changed the date, or excuse me "appeared to have"? I had the two airline tickets, I didn't get the car rental the company offered because I guess that was only if you responded in a specified amount of time. oh well, I sent my stuff in, they sent me 3 green sheets, one was the travel request form, I filled it out and sent it back. It asked for two dates and destinations, but I really only wanted one but i called and they said this was okay but it would be based on availability. Alexia called me yesterday and offered it to me, it cost me $166 and I got exactly what we needed. I called today just to be sure and it is all booked. Just waiting on my confirmation and the $75 gift card that came with it now.

• Wi
      25th of Jan, 2011

So am I to understand that the original post here is because the date on your certificate was changed, supposedly by who issued it? I gotta say here, I can see where this would be a problem, I had certificates for a car for 7 days and one for air line tickets for 2 adults, and both of them had to be sent by 21 days. I can see where life happens and one might go past that date, and I can see where it would be tempting if you past the date to just change it. I've used the car last month and my air is officially booked for March. I'm pretty happy with all of it, all I can say, is ya, follow the rules, they can be kinda hard to get a hold of, and you'll get further if ya just call back rather then leave a message. Those are my tips to anyone having trouble cause both my certificates did work out for me. If it really was the original issuers fault, why not take it back to them rather than whining at VIP for something that was obviously YOU or the other company but regardless NOT THEM!

• Ck
      27th of Jan, 2011

They haven't refused us so far, I had 2 certificates 1 for air line tickets and the other for a 7 day cruise. I opted to use them separately. My tickets are booked for the end of March to Indianapolis and cost me all taxes and fees right at 1/3 of what I'm used to. My cruise I requested for September out of my local port, Port Canaveral. I'm a local and got my certificate from PDI and so far most everything has seemed very reasonable and has worked good.