Vip Travel Reservations, Inc. / BIG SCAM!!!

1 406 S Clyde Morris Blvd., Suite IPPort Orange, FL, United States Review updated:
Phone: 1-386-252-2332

I sent in my deposit for a 2 night/3 day stay at any Hard Rock Casino/Hotel, only to have it returned with a letter stating I did not send in enough money & my voucher is now null/void. It did not say on the form that 2 people had to go or that it was based on double occupancy. They wanted me another $50.00($100.00 total) and that I would have to retrieve another voucher from the resort I visited because this one is now null/void. First of all, what does it matter? Why couldn't I just send it when I made or reserved the dates I wanted to travel. I tried calling them but only got answering machines. No web site address or email access. They never returned my call. About a week later I called them back, this time hitting #6. I finally spoke w/a representative, but she was not very friendly nor helpful. She was smart with me on the phone. She said " I have never had to return a voucher for this reason, that I was the first person who had ever sent in the wrong amount". I told her to forget it, that they were just a rip off!!! DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY ASSOCIATED WITH VIP TRAVELS - THEY DO NOT FOLLOW THROUGH WITH WHAT THEY PROMISE!!!

Comments

• Ta
      23rd of Jul, 2009

I had the same certificate, and mine says right on it "This vacation offer is valid for 2 adults, based on double occupancy in one room...", I just pulled it out to be sure, it's #3. Anyway I used mine in Tampa and it was very nice, Thank you VIP!

• Ad
      22nd of Aug, 2009

I had a marriott hotel certificate from them and I know it said it was for 2 adults, and it worked great. I'm very happy with VIP. Sorry bout ya, according to the person above you may should have read what you signed agreeing to and not compained about your own following instructions problems.

• Ll
      20th of Oct, 2009

I just received this certificate and when I found this I called VIP and asked about it, as I too was planning on traveling alone, and they showed me where my terms and conditions do infact state based on 2 adults and double occupency in the room, meaning $100 deposit. I also know any time I've ever booked my own hotel it's more expensive for a room if you tell the hotel it's single occupency rather than double.

• Bu
      29th of Oct, 2009

My stay wasn't at a Hard Rock it was at a Marriot property, which is exactly what I got... I paid a processing fee and my taxes, it was a 3 1/2 star property and just got a check back for the remaining $13 from my deposit. i was totally pleased with everything received from VIP Travel!

• Gy
      18th of Nov, 2009

I too had a 2 night hotel stay, though mine was supposed to be at a Ritz Carlton or Marriott brand property. I was very happy with my experience from VIP travel! I've been in the service industry for over 20 years and these people get a bad rap cause I'm sure they can't please everyone. But they have a hard job, and seem to me are very good at what they do! I hope to use them again in the near future, economy permitting!

• Cl
      29th of Apr, 2010

LOL LOL LOL!!! At this point I'm counting all the people complaining that it's VIP's fault they did something wrong; not because I care at all, but just because it amazes me! I don't understand how this stuff spews so easily from your mouths. The majority of you are complaining because YOU didn't follow the rules, certified mail, the form wasn't filled in, did sent $$ or the correct amount of $$, requested a holiday... I'm wondering how any of you got thru school as I know none of my teachers let me just not follow the rules and get away with it... bottom line the person initiating this and the majority of complaints I see on here should have been spanked more as children.

I on the other hand have or had three certificates with vip: air tickets, car rental, and 2 night motel. I feel I've gotten more than my time and monies worth so I'd go ahead and put something credible about these people. So far they coordinated our car and the motel stay for the same time this spring, getting us 3 more nights in the motel at a reasonable rate and upgrading our car to a standard size cheaper than I could have myself. My air I didn't request till August and wont hear for a bit yet, but feel they have already done a lot for me.

I however, unlike most of you, REALLY DID follow the instructions.

• Ki
      20th of Dec, 2010

Tammy our certificate does state it is for 2 adults, I am sorry if you missed that in the terms and conditions, it is the first sentence of #3. I am sorry if you feel you were "scammed" however we do have 78, 000 active clients who are traveling, but yes all of them have followed the terms and conditions.
    As for the rest of you, thank you so much for the kind words, I'm glad your travel plans were a success.

22nd of Dec, 2010

While mine said nothing of the hard rock hotel, I have 2, well had, what they call enjoy certificates. They were both good for a 2 night hotel stay. I got to use both of them in the past few months, 1 in Las Vegas and actually got a third night free, and the other I used a week or so ago in Gatlinburg to see the season change, it was so pretty. All I had to pay were my hotel taxes at the property. The first one I got my $50 deposit back about 9 weeks after we traveled and I just sent in my receipt from the hotel on the second one. If I get the chance to use VIP again I will.

• Ba
      5th of Jan, 2011

Mine was for Marriott, Holiday Inn, Sheraton, and several of the like, not the Hard Rock though I don't believe but it definitely said it was for 2. I had the World Class Retreat promo, which included 2 nights hotel, a dinner card and a gas rebate certificate. I stayed at the Crown Plaza in New Orleans, it was a great hotel in a great locating right on Bourbon St. we had a Blast, I love this town, its a great place to live and visit!!! We got the dinner card and gas thing with our confirmation the dinner card we used at Olive Garden and it was just like a dinner card you would get as a gift, and the gas rebate is just that, it is through a different company though that is not VIP somebody promotions or something, I sent it in and I've gotten 2 rebates for $20 so far. some ups and downs but all in all a good experience.

• Ck
      27th of Jan, 2011

I find this to be rather ridiculous, you didn't follow the rules and there for you are mad... on both of my certificates it said for 2 and I see where the VIP Travel rep above said yours does as well. And if the representative wasn't very helpful with you or smart as you put it, I'd have to guess it's because you have the same "What does it matter anyway" attitude that you do here. You sound like a spoiled brat to be frank. I had 2 certificates 1 for air line tickets and the other for a 7 day cruise. I opted to use them separately. My tickets are booked for the end of March to Indianapolis and cost me all taxes and fees right at 1/3 of what I'm used to. My cruise I requested for September out of my local port, Port Canaveral. I'm a local and got my certificate from PDI and so far most everything has seemed very reasonable and has worked good.

12th of Oct, 2011
    VIP Travel Reservations, Inc. - Failure to refund money
    Virginia

Requested refund of money sent to make reservations for free cruise
    and airfare. Was told to write a letter requesting with my signature.
    Which I did. Waited. No reply. Called again and was told that I had
    to wait until I received my confirmation papers and return that form. I did. Waited. No reply. Started in July requesting refund.
    It is now October. All correspondence was sent by registered mail.

• Ju
      18th of Jan, 2012

So a question for those who have had good experiences with VIP. I have sent in my Travel Request Forms for a 7-night cruise for 2 and R/T airfare for 2. I am one of you who read the Terms and Conditions many times, and I followed the rules exactly. The only exception to that is I requested travel during a "peak" time for both my first and second choices, and my first choice I requested a ship that may require an additional surcharge. Does anyone know a ballpark figure of how much the additional chargers/surcharges may be for requesting this? And do you think there is any concern for these requests that may jeopardize me being able to cruise or fly on these vouchers? I would love to hear from someone at VIP if possible, but I know they may not see this (however, I do see "Kim at VIP" has participated in this forum). If not, has anyone else requested anything similar for their successful trip? I actually called VIP for the first time today and reached a live person (despite what others have said on here), and there person on the other end was very polite. He informed me that they did receive my request forms, but that they won't even start looking at it until 45 days or less to my earliest requested date. I know that is what it says in the terms and conditions and I'll work with that if I have to, but I'm a big planner, and I am hoping someone has seen VIP act on the requests with more notice than 45 days. Does anyone know why they wait until 30 - 45 days prior to my first requested date to process the request? Thanks, Justin