Vip Travel Reservations Drive Away / no response to activation or phone calls

1 4606 s. clyde morris blvd, suite 1PPort Orange, FL, United States Review updated:
Phone: 386-252-2332

We went to a presentation @ Five Points Travel in Willow Grove, Pa in Oct. 2008. We sent a form for a car rental & $75.00 to VIP Travel Reservations & never recd a response. We tried calling And also recd no response/no answer.

I sent the form they provided to cancel any reservation, before making any reservations. This was about 6 months ago, again no response whatsoever. I realize we only "lost" $75 and others apparently have lost much more, but I felt I have to submit this complaint because of the lack of service on VIP's end.

Frank Begley
840 Meadowood Ln
Warminster, Pa 18974

[protected] home
[protected] cell
fbegley@comcast.net

Comments

• Fr
      28th of Jun, 2009

Beware of Five Points Travel, Willow Grove Pa also, as they are associated with this vip travel organization...dirtbags (cleanest term I can use here...sorry!)

21st of Jul, 2009

Hi Frank,

I also just left you a message. Yes, we do have a certificate activated for you in November, November 17th your welcome package was returned to us "not deliverable address", at which point we left you a voice mail on your cell phone (same as above).

We then heard back from someone referencing your file requesting a new welcome package on 2/3/09 which was then sent out on 2/4/09... we have NEVER heard anything back from you at all, no requests, and no requests for your refund.

I appologize if you felt there was a "lack of service" on VIP's end, however, we are only as good as what our customers provide us with.

Furthurmore, we are in NO way affiliated with this Five points travel you are referring to, nor are we associated with any other company.

You are welcome to request travel, you are welcome to cancel and request a refund; but that is your responsibility to do so, via the terms and conditions. If you have any questions please feel free to contact us at 386-252-2332, opt 6.

• De
      30th of Jul, 2009

not sure about the company in PA, but I used VIP travel in Port Orange, FL for a car rental (and hotel) and they were extremly helpful and booked my reservations for me with out a problem...

Seems to me there may be more to the story???

• Sh
      12th of Aug, 2009

So I got on here to say that my experience with VIP travel was a good one, I would recommend them, and I would use them again. But as I read this it occured to me that VIP even responded to this man, and he didn't even have the gull to say something back, anything... so eager to complain, but nothing when, wait, it just might not be all their fault... some people are amazing!

• 41
      18th of Aug, 2009

I got not only my "drive away receive a one week car rental" fulfilled in Ft. Lauderdale, but VIP also booked our air to get us there, all for right around $200 for 2 of us. I have nothing bad to say about VIP! Thank you

• Sk
      22nd of Aug, 2009

LMAO I think it's hillarious that this guy has the gaul (cleanest term I can use here) to complain and give all his personal information and when someone at VIP travel calls him out with what the real story is suddenly you hear nothing else from him... sorry that amuses me! Atleast most the whiners do it anonymously so everyone doesn't eventually know that they are the ones infact in the wrong...

Regardless, I also like many of you traveled with VIP and had a vacation for a fraction of the cost for 2 airline tickets and a one week car rental... I guess all I can say for those of you who feel you've been slighted by VIP Travel should make sure you really did do what you were supposed to, and if you truly feel you did, call them (they can be a little difficult to get ahold of so patience people).

• Hu
      24th of Aug, 2009

I too traveled with VIP and had no problems, but the real point of this post was because of the complaint and what the last comment says...and I hope some of you will read this and really take it to heart. As a business owner myself it really is all too true.

Why is it that people usually only comment when they are upset (which is why I'm taking time to defend VIP) happy people don't usually take the time, not because it's not worth it to them but because they enjoyed themselves and there were no red flags along the was that THEY personally didn't agree with.

However, as I read alot of these, particularly the mans above, and many others it occurs to me that people will complain and attempt to scar a companies record, even if the fault is their own. And very rarely do you get to hear both sides, but in this case we do and it's rather amusing that, wait, just wait maybe VIP isn't full of monsters, they obviously care or they would have responded to this mans complaining...

But what is the most saddening is VIP posted back to him on here, as well as state they left him a message personally disputing what he wrote here, and you hear nothing more from him... his phone #s are listed here, we should all call till he answers, kinda like poperazi! LOL

Just kidding, but really people, go back to what you learned when you were a kid, treat people with compassion and fairness, take responsibility for your own mistakes, and read all the rules before doing anything, if most CONSUMERS would do this, I bet VIP would have a near flawless record.

Thanks again VIP

24th of Aug, 2009

Have been trying to reach Mr. Begley since the time of my last response above. I did finally speak to him today and when asked about the untrue statements he posted online he stated, "I got my refund so it really doens't matter does it, " ... "apparently we were dealing with multiple companies we were unaware of."

Just so everyone knows the final outcome since he did not kindly let everyone know the end of it ;)

Kim with VIP

25th of Aug, 2009

Wow, I was getting on here to say something good about VIP because I was thrilled with their performance in handling my certificate, but this whole post pretty much speaks for itself doesn't it! LOL

How many negative stars can we place on this guy, very bad form guy! You should really take responsibility for your own actions!

And Hey Kim! you handled my reservations, many many thanks! VIP really is a reputable company, too bad people like this guy are allowed to put their two sense in but not own up to their own faults!

Thank you VIP Travel!

• Ic
      27th of Aug, 2009

This discussion is getting quite heated! I wont get involved, but I will say that VIP Travel did fulfill their obligations to be, and I was more than pleased with their performance.

• Lt
      1st of Sep, 2009

I too had a good experience with VIP in Port Orange, I used them for about 8 different reservation, 2 of which were travel certificates (airline tickets and a car rental), they coordinated everything for me, charged me a fraction of the price, and did it with a smile.

I did learn from this experience that you must read everything and follow instructions, which I can't fault VIP for at all, after all I was the one wanting something that they aren't making money off of. Why wouldn't they have rules.

• Jt
      24th of Sep, 2009

LOL not sure I want to get involved here, but I can say that VIP booked a car rental for me, among other things, and it went flawlessly. And as I was cluless about all this to begin with I did place A LOT of phone calls to them, and they returned all but one of them, which I may have called them back before they had a chance to on that one. I couldn't have asked for more from VIP.

• Ca
      20th of Oct, 2009

I'm with you "jttpayne" seems this guys been picked apart pretty good! I would however just like to to see VIP Travel was able to coordinate air fare with a one week car rental for me, and I am very happy with them.

• Bu
      29th of Oct, 2009

I had a delightful experience with VIP Travel... is there anymore to this story, I find this very surprising!!!

• Pr
      19th of Nov, 2009

I was well taken care of by VIP, I'm sorry if you had trouble ~ they booked 2 different certificates, one for car rental and one for air tickets, for me and were able to coordinate them too! Af first it did seem like it was going to be a lot of work, but it really wasn't once I got the ball rolling. I sent VIP 2 dates and 2 destinations and they got me my first choice date with my 2nd choice destination. The vacation went very well and was much needed! I do believed we would participate in a program with VIP again if given the chance.

• Be
      24th of Nov, 2009

VERY HAPPY WITH MY EXPERIENCE WITH VIP TRAVEL, AS WELL AS THE PEOPLE THAT GAVE ME THE CERTIFICATE. WOULD WORK WITH THEM AGAIN!

21st of Jan, 2010

Thank you all for the kind words they are appreciated! If you need anything feel free to let us know, we'd love to hear from you.

• Ca
      30th of Apr, 2010

I had a hotel stay and car rental certificate i was fairly skeptical about, but after giving it a try they exceeded my expectations. They got me booked in the area I was looking for for my daughters graduation and got me the car rental at the same time to get there. From my deposits I was due back a refund of $34 which we received last week as promised. So all in all I have nothing bad to say. Thanks VIP

• Lo
      21st of Dec, 2010

My certificate was for the 2 airline tickets not a car rental that we got from our local dealership for test driving a vehicle. We got back from our trip last night. My only complaint is that the notice they gave me of my trip being available was inside a month from the dates we wanted. But who am I to complain, they came through even if I was getting a little nervous! They also booked a car for me while I was there and a hotel stay for the three nights I couldn't stay with my sister, both at a reasonable rate. I will use VIP again in the future.

• Ty
      20th of Jan, 2011

I had a certificate was for a 3, 4, or 5 night cruise during low season. We ended up not being able to use it because my wife had to have surgery. But the reservation process seemed fairly cut and dry, mail certified the registration form with a $99 deposit, request dates, be told what the availability is, and in my case have to decline and request a refund :( But yes I did receive my refund. All is good, I just hope we get to utilize the certificate next time if given the chance!