Vip Travel Reservation And Event Planners / Was promised two free airline tickets, spent $100 as requested, but never got the tickets!

1 4606 S. Clyde Morris Blvd, Suite 1PPort Orange, FL, United States Review updated:
Phone: 386 252-2332

My wife and I were invited to attend the seminar "How to save thousands of dollars on vacation travel. Were promised two free airline tickets in return for 90 minute attendance. we declined the our chase of the "Travel Plan", but instead of getting tickets we received an activation form with 14 conditions. One of the conditions was to pay $100 refundable deposit ($50 each) to get the tickets. We sent the money order on February 4, 2008 with the reservation form and choice of two dates when we wanted to travel. We received an undated letter in the response to our reservation in an envelope dated March 4, 2008. The letter has "Wing Reservation" written at the top. It informed us that the dates in April 2008 are not available. since then we have not heard from VIP Travel, Event Planners or wings reservations. Attempts to get someone on the phone at [protected] have been unsuccessful. we would like to get our money back, but we have no confidence that there is anyone there to respond.

Comments

• Je
      29th of May, 2008

I stumbled on this post by researching an offer that seemed too good to be true. Glad I checked! I have a number for them, which is, 1.800.514.2449. I got through with somebody right away for details and maybe you can talk to them about your "deposit".

Good luck,
    Jeremy

11th of Jun, 2008

I also received an offer from VIP Travel today. It was a birthday card and offered two airline tickets plus rental car. It even had a mockup of a boarding pass enclosed. The logos of US Airways and Budget car rental were also used prominently on both.

It has the same toll-free number as Jeremy stated.

I will give them credit, the marketing idea was pretty good. My birthday is in two weeks. It appears that the offer comes from US Air or Budget, both of which I often use.

I glad I looked here first.

• Ta
      18th of Jun, 2008

It's always best to remember... if you get something in the mail or an email that sounds to good to be true. It is!

I got the same mailer saying happy birthday. My birthday is in January. Threw it away immediately.

Good luck in getting your money back! Mine has the same 800 number on it. Maybe they can direct you to the right person. I would also suggest filing a complaint with the Better Business Bureau.

• Wi
      23rd of Aug, 2008

Thanks so much for having this site. Confirms what I expected.

13th of Nov, 2008

I think this message is helpful. I will ask for money back and cancel out. This is too scamlike.

13th of Nov, 2008

I am having trouble confirming with the given code.

13th of Nov, 2008

The text keeps getting rejected.

I am angry.

13th of Nov, 2008

What's wrong with my spelling?

• Bu
      22nd of Aug, 2009

I received the same type of certificate from VIP travel, but mine was from my local ford dealer for goin to test drive a new vehicle. However, I have to say it worked out quite well for me. I used the same phone # listed above, the 386-252-2332, and on about the 4th try did get to speak to a live person, I was told to send my request in at least 2 months in advance and I would hear something with in a month of the date.

I sent my travel request in back in April for travel in July or late August. I heard back at the end of may that my July date was unavailable but that I'd hear soon about my second choice.

Toward the end of June I received a phone call from Kim stating that my second requested dates were available, however still skeptical beacause of all the postings on here, I paid the balance for my taxes ($78) but still awaited the worst.

Well, I just got online and checked in for my flight with to leave tomorrow, and I figured since it gave me no trouble checking in online at Delta.com I'd take the time not to say Thank you to VIP Travel.

Despite what I've read on here, I believe they are a reputable company!

• Mu
      25th of Feb, 2011

As much as I want to believe the one good review on this site is an honest real review, I must believe that if this is a scam, they probably have people posting to combat the accusations. There are too many with bad experiences that the one good review just doesn't pass muster under my smell test...

• Pi
      7th of Mar, 2011

My family and I went to Gatlinburg, TN for a short weekend trip. While on our way to the Aquarium we were stopped by a fellow asking us if we wanted free tickets for tomorrow for the Aquarium. We said we were going today, the kids had their heart set on it. My husband ended up talking to the guy for a bit and we agreed to go to a timeshare talk, one on one, and we would receive our money back from our aquarium trip. In fact we did get our money back after the 2+ hour timeshare talk. Plus we got a $25 check for dinner and a voucher to fill out for a free 3 day 2 night stay at a list of places in the US. We sent our certificate out to VIP Travel Reservations INC and a $50 personal check. They sent us the Travel Request Form with the listings of all the places we could choose from. Well I wanted to look up to see if they had more places on their website and this website popped up first. I informed my husband and he tried calling the number on the brochure that we kept. He continued getting busy signals. So our next step is to sign the cancellation part on the travel form and send it in. We will see what that brings about.