VIP Travel / Scam and cheating!

Lexington, SC, United States Review updated:
Phone: 803 808 1841

We signed up for a "vacation plan" for $7,500.00. We were not asked how much we wanted to put down. The just took out $7,596.00. We signed it and went home. We thought it was a great idea, but came home and checked it out on the web. They have so many complaints and everyone is calling it a scam. They can never get these people on the phone to plan their vacation. They offer weeks for $500.00 per week. We read the brochures when we got home and it said "from" 499...

There on the contract it stated no cancellations and this document is legal and binding. How can we get our money back? We were scammed. We are idiots. Aren't contracts suppose to have a cancellation period? We need help to fight this.

Thank you.

Comments

Ja
  21st of Jan, 2008
I agree 100% with everything Ms. Starcich said. The deals and bargains you are promised during the sales pitch do not materialize in the real world! I have filed a complaint against VIP Travel with the Better Business Bureau and am exploring other options.

The most frustrating thing is I have sent 4 e-mail's since Oct. 2007 and have not received one single communication in response.
  25th of Jan, 2008
I just wanted to say that we finally got our money back. It was a trying few days, but they gave in.
  26th of Jan, 2008
I just wanted to say that I got all of my money back from VIP Travel.
Bi
  25th of Feb, 2008

VIP Travel - Misrepresentation/No delivery
South Carolina

This company fails to deliver the services promised and uses very deceptive sales tactics. We signed up for $3998 because we did not need or want their condo weeks. They assured us that thye could save us money on short notice trips like weekends, and for sho0rt notice trips for a week, etc. We tried on 4 occassions to use the service and they could not deliver for any of the requests. The President of the company's attitude is that their contract is non-cancellable whether they deliver or not and too bad for you if they fail. He claims they have vitually no complaints against them though we see roughly 65 claims through the BBB recently. There sales people promises whatever they have to to get your money and the company says they are not responsible for the sales peoples promises. They have ignored our attorney's letters. This company is a scam and everyone should be aware to steer clear of this company.
Kc
  11th of Apr, 2008
We have already booked two different vacations with VIP Travel, and their salespeople have been nothing but helpful to us. They have not stopped until they found us exactly what we wanted. I am very confused by all of this negativity towards the company. I have recommended the purchase of the membership to others.
Jo
  22nd of Apr, 2008
We got shammed $6500.00 and was promised immediate trip plans at a low rate, that was great beause my husband has terminal colon/liver cancer, and goes on and off chemo often, we were trying to book something between chemo and dying, one last trip. When I called, they would not only answer my calls but would never call me back. I would have to call and call and then weeks later I finally got in touch with Jeri Ballard, our travel advisor. When she did call me back days later, her prices were higher that Vacations to Go. When I told her this she basically said, "take it or leave it." This was out of the VIP Travel in Lexington SC. We never did take that trip, haven't yet, my husband goes back in for more Chemo next month, we think the cancer has spread to his ribs/bones. How can they do this to people??? It would be one thing to pay the money and get what you pay for but another when they won't even honor what the promise. There name should be RIP (off)Travel. How can we stop them so other aren't hurt. When I asked for some of the money back, we just had gotten hit with a $20, 000.00 medical bill, they said, "No." Please who ever you are...DO NOT ATTEND THEIR SEMINARS.
Me
  15th of May, 2008
I worked for vip travel and i do not agree with it i worked there and talked to the people but we are made to belive that this is real and its not a gimic i am so sorry to all the people who have been ripd off and i know its not in my will power to repay all the pain and drama you all have went throw so... everyone have a blessed day
Su
  19th of May, 2008

VIP Travel - Terrible experience!
Phone: 866-763-6372

My husband and I have been trying since 10/08 to get our refund (close to $4, 000)4without any success. The SC Consumer Affairs have been notified, The BBB and the Federal Trade Commission. The have a contract you sign which states no cancellation... the Cooling off rule set by the FTC states that this type of business contract is to give consumers 3 days to decide and they do have the right to cancel within that time period, even though they don't have it on their contract. Go read the Cooling off Rule and see for yourself. It states that even if they don't put it on the contract we have the right to cancel. Well its been along battle and so frustrating and time consuming to us. Contact the SC Consumer Affairs Department, they have been contacted by quite a few others for the same thing and I hope they can bring us some justice.

VIP Travel - Did not fulfill promises-has been sued
322 West main Street
Phone: 866-763-6372
www.viptravelmembers.com

We purchase a membership Sept. 17, 2007. Have tried to use our membership without success. Finally after months of trying, filed a complaint with Department of Consumer Advocate South Carolina, a TV station in SC, and several internet complaint boards. Here is part of their response to all three areas:They said:

'they had explained, and stated at the seminar where we bought the membership, and in their membership pack, any request for accommodation outside their 'major areas of concentration', was not promised their service.

Well, I am printing, directly from their membership packet:

'The VIP Travel Plan is unique in the fact that 'each' time you travel you will enjoy substantial savings. Whether you enjoy luxurious condos, cruising, all-inclusive reports, 3, 4, and 5 Star hotels, discounts on theme park tickets, restaurants, golf or RV rental, we can accommodate 'all' of your travel needs while saving you and your family money.'

(2) that is what is published in their membership pack.

It appears they do not abide by their own membership publications. I have not attaacked them anywhere. I have, however, stated fact, after fact, after fact.

Please review here and other internet complaint boards, do a search on
'VIP Travel' and you can decide for yourself if you wish to do business with them.
Here's my experience:

4th of Jun, 2008
VIP Travel was sued by South Carolina Department of Consumer Advocate in April 2008. Most say something about VIP Travel.
  4th of Jun, 2008
VIP Travel was sued by South Carolina Department of Consumer Advocate in April 2008. Must say something about VIP Travel.
  4th of Jun, 2008
VIP Travel was sued by South Carolina Department of Consumer Advocate in April 2008. Must say somthing about VIP Travel.

Please review here and other internet complaint boards, do a search on

Also, VIP Travel was sued in April 2008 by South Carolina Department of Consumer Advocate. Must say something about VIP Travel.
  26th of Jun, 2008
This is a follow-up to the original post. You might want to look at "The Squeaky Wheel". Over 7600 inquiries. Seems there are lots of people with questiosn regarding VIP Travel lexington SC.
Va
  1st of Jul, 2008
VIP Travel, Lexington, SC, took our membership money Sept. 2007, and has yet to deliver on any of their promises. But, obviously we were not alone. April 2008, South Carolina Department of Consumer Affairs filed suit against Vip Travel, Lexington, SC. And we have just learned North Carolina Attorney General Roy Cooper has expelled VIP Travel from North Carolina. Is your state next? Here's your link:

See for yourself.

I just wished for my family's sake, and my own sake, that I had listened to my internal intuition. Which is, "if it is too good to be true, it is probably too good to be true."
Na
  30th of Jul, 2008
Very true. I've had the same experience with them.
Jo
  20th of Oct, 2008
WE BOUGHT INTO THIS SCAM ON AUGUST 23 2007---IT TOOK US UNTIL FEB 2008 TO GET THE PROMO GAS CARD, WE HAVE YET TO GET OUR FREE AIRLINE TICKETS.THE OWNERS WILL NOT RETURN CALLS OR REPOND TO OUR DILEMMA. WE HAVE NOT USED ANY OF THEIR SERVICES BECAUSE THEY DID NOT HONOR THE PROMO AGREEMENT THEREFORE WE DONT TRUST THEM TO GET US A VACATION AS WE NEED IT.
De
  9th of Jan, 2009

VIP Travel - False claims of saving money/Poor service
322 West Main Street
Phone: 803-808-1841

I "joined in late 2007. I tried for about two months to schedule my week of vacation in June of 2008 by making numerous calls and sending numerous emails. Sometimes it would take a week or more to actually get a call back when I left messages. I could not get even a receipt for my prepaid week of vacation without threatening to call a lawyer. The week ended up not being discounted in any way. I tried to redeem some of the teaser offers they offered me for joining. It took them over a month of me requesting/faxing just to get around to sending me some info on how to even start trying to use the teaser offers. Everything ended up being almost impossible to use, much less save any money. I tried to schedule my second week that I had paid for the right to have. They had nothing available and I did not see any savings in what they did offer (mostly out of the country). I called several times on their HOT List openings. Every single time the listing was higher priced or not available. I had been assured that the company was able to secure substantial savings and a high percentage booking rate (over 92%) for the people who paid for the VIP membership. All of that information was an outright lie. I live in Raleigh, North Carolina and I found out that they had been restricted by a judge in September 2008 to not charge a North Carolina resident anymore. Yet, I was charged my yearly fee in November 2008.