Vip Tel / Phone Bill and phone doesnt work

1 Cambodia Review updated:

VIP Tel sent me phone and does not work at all. Yet they keep on sending me bills saying that i owe them money. How can that be when the phone doesn't work at all and i honesty haven't made any phone calls or text messages on it. But strange thing is that ring me up and saying that they want to ship over another phone. Is there a special site i can go to get this all resolved ?

Comments

• El
      28th of Jun, 2009

I had same problem i fully agree with you their scammers.

• El
      28th of Jun, 2009

Vip Tel bill you before even using their service and then harass you when clearly they are just trying to scam more money out of everybodys pocket?

• Ph
      22nd of Aug, 2009

You must complain to TIO or actually you should have just returned the phone in the cool-off period. I am sure they are not forcing you to buy another phone. I think you were just lazy to return the phone and you are stuck with a contract.

May be downgrade the plan and wait out the contract or use the one year WARRANTY clause.

• Nv
      28th of Aug, 2009

VIPTEL ARE THE BIGGEST SCAMMERS...
    THEY TALK ###.
    AS FOR THE OTHER PHONE. THEY CALL U UP AND TELL YOU THAT U ARE A VALUED CUSTOMER AND THAT THEY ARE OFFERING U A REWARD. THEY SAY THEY WILL GIVE U ANOTHER SIM CARD FREE OF CHARGE AND THAT AS LONG AS U CONTINUE TO USE UR ORIGINAL SIM THEY WILL GIVE U $100 FREE CREDIT ON THE NEW ONE. WHAT A LOAD OF ###. FOR STARTERS IT TAKE NEALLY A MONTH TO ACTIVATE THE NEW SIM THEN THEY CHARGE U THE MONTHLY FEE ON THE NEW SIM( THEY ONLY REMOVE THE FEE IF UR SMART ENOUGH TO CONTACT THEM)
    AS FOR THE USAGE ON THE PHONES ITS DISGUSTING THEY WILL TELL U UR UNBILLED USAGE ONE DAY THEN U CAN CALL BACK 5 HOURS LATER AND UR UNBILLED USAGE HAS GONE UP $50 OR SO YET U HAVENT USED THE PHONE.

BOTTOM LINE IS THEY TRICK U TO SIGN UP BY OFFERING YOU ALL THESE REWARDS AND THEN THEY DONT COME UP WITH THEM JUST A BUNCH OF EXCUSES.
    IM NOT THE ONLY ONE THAT HAS HAD TO DEAL WITH THESE PPL, I MISTAKENLY GOT ALL MY FRIENDS AND FAMILY TO SIGN UP AND NOW WE ARE ALL HAVING PROBLEMS WITH THEM.
    NOW I HAVE CONTACTED TIO AND THEY AGREED THAT I WAS BEING SHAFTED

STAY AWAY FROM VIPTEL THEY ARE NOTHING BUT SCAMMERS...

• Vi
      28th of Aug, 2009

They rang me today wanting me to sign up with them and they were offering free 32 inch tv and a free laptop if i sign over for 24 months...

The funny thing was his phone connection kept cutting out on me and he had to keep calling me up again !!! I asked him if that was what their service was like... he goes NO NO its just my headset Hmmmm

Anyways who gives out a 32inch tv and a laptop OH and a phone

As the old saying goes If its too good to be true...

• Th
      8th of Sep, 2009

I only wish i read this column before hand!!

• It
      17th of Dec, 2009

I can confirm almost all of the above, especially the harrassment re calls offering special deal because I am such a valued customer, etc. Advice, if you are in Australia, is to call the TIO (Telecommunications Industry Ombudsman: details on the web), get a reference number for your complaint, and then take it back to VIPtel customer service.

• Al
      13th of Jan, 2010

i was called by this company after being referred by a friend of mine. i felt i was being lied to from the get-go by the operator as she said they don't require any personal details now, but then wanted my medicare number, my license number, even my bank account details!!! when i said i needed to do my own research into her company for my own peace of mind before i signed up, she got really pushy and even ### with me! low and behold, what do i find? nothing but complaints and grievances. So very glad i checked 1st!

2nd of Feb, 2010

total scamming dishonest underhanded sneaky rip off company. all the above is true and more. i am making it my personal mission to bring this company down. i cannot accept a scamming company getting rich from honest hard working citizens. next step is contacting the tio.

• It
      2nd of Feb, 2010

like the rest of u guys ive been had to theyre trying to take 260.00 out of my account tommorrow when theyve already turned the phone of so i had to buy a new phone (not one of theirs either) and cancelled my original sim card while it still had credit on it they didnt bother to tell me when they harrassed me it wasnt a prepaid service

1st of Mar, 2010

I just had a phone call from these people as I was referred by a friend of mine.
    I said to the lady "Can you give me your contact number, and I will give you a call back in an hour" She then said to me, I can call you back but can I ask why you would like the time, I said "Because I would like to speak with my partner 1st before signing up to any 24month plans, she said "I will call you back in one hour but can you please give me some of your friends and family's numbers so I can call them in the mean time" I said "No, I will look at your website, get some information and would like an email sent to me with a pamphlet please before I proceed to give you any phone numbers She said "I can't send you an email but feel free to look at the site"

From this point the deal sounded pretty good, and was going to go ahead as I saw it was a legit site.
    Then decided to call my friend that referred me in the 1st place.

I phoned him, he said to me "DON'T DO IT!" I said why is that? He said "They are scamming you and I have already canceled my contract with them, the laptop is only a 7inch screen, and you don't get any of the stuff you are supposed to for over 7months! (If you get it at all!)" so that was it for me, I am now waiting for her to call me back, and I shall tell her where to shove the contract!

DON'T GO AHEAD!! ### COMPANY!!

• Ir
      22nd of Mar, 2010

I HAVE NOW BEEN WAITING SINCE JANUARY FOR MY FREE HAHAH TV. AFTER A FEW WEEKS RANG THEM AND THEY TOLD ME IT WAS COMING IN 30 DAYS WAITING GUESS WHAT NOTHING. RANG THEM AGAIN SAID I WAS GETTING A 26IN NOT A 32IN AS PROMISED. I SAID NO AND SENT THEM THE PAPER WORK ON THE 32INS ANOTHER 2 MONTHS LATER AND MORE PHONE CALLS THEM, EACH TIME IT WILL BE HERE IN 8 DAYS THIS TIME IT A TECHNICAL PROBLEM. NOW I HAVE READ THIS SITE I AM SURE I WILL NOTBE GETTING ANYTHING, HAVE TOLD THEM I AM NOT PAYING ANOTHER CENT WILL CONTACT COMSUMER AFFAIRS, THEY SAID THEY WOULD GET SOMEONE TO RING ME BACK WAITING WILL FOLLOW ALWAYS CHCEKS ADVICE

• Ha
      22nd of Mar, 2010

yes im getting harrassed by these indian guys its the same people everytime, they dont even take no for answer very pushy and rude. my partner nearly got sucked in. but i told him to tell them to get ###ed. u dont give any personal details to anyone without checking them out first.

• St
      4th of Apr, 2010

I completely disagree with above coz I've been with them 4 past three years and they are giving me services more than my expectation.Sometimes the consumer is not aware what are the things that includes in their provided usage and its clearly mentioned in the literature that if u use any excluded services u have to pay extra over n above what u use~!!!

• Mo
      5th of May, 2010

this is Moses Majok: VIPTEL PERSONNAL gave me a ring last wednesday out of blue, and ask me if i would be interested in joining their plans for tweenty four months, they offered me a computer, not really sure abou the brand of that computer, my question is that is there a Apple Mac, note-book computer that is offered by the VIPTEL? . i was looking forward to receive the package sometime this week, but Unfortunatelymissed their call this afternoon while i was in the class. can you please let me know when is the next available delivery to my house, so i can make sure iam there.

10th of May, 2010

im am so glad i read this...they rang me today...they were pushy rude and constantly spoke over the top of me when i tried to ask questions...i WILL NOT give out my bank details to anyone...especialy to some one with such a heavy accent that i could hardly unerstand...and then he procceded to tell me he's name was "BOB"...hahahahyer right

10th of May, 2010

hmmmmmm maybe this is why they didnt want me to check out if they were ligit or not...NOT GOOD ENOUGH VIP...shame on you !

• To
      10th of May, 2010

Im sorry to hear all/most of you had been ripped off by theses dirty ###ing dogs ###! I have had over $980 AU Dollars been taken outta my account befor i had even accepted the deal! Stupid ###ing me gave my bank detalis out! There offers are all bull ###! My mate got a 7inch laptop that you can get at the "Aldie Stores" for $199 retail and for there so called 32inch flat screen TV... ### its only 16inch! thay havent taken any more out of my account thank ### i changed my details after getting screwed over! Apprently getting a full refund after i rang TIO, the ACCC and Civic Complaits Central all in the oneday and apprently i missed a call from Today Tonight but they sent me an email requesting i go on and report our stories... Tom Catterall

2nd of Jun, 2010

To start with i couldnt even understand the indian when he was telling me who the company was. Same deal wanted medicare no. Bank acc details etc. I said no and that i was not interested. He persisted and persisted so i hung up on him. For around a week i was getting calls from him not only through the day but also at night with large amounts of background noise ( like a pub). The calls stopped for about 4 weeks and now im getting them every day. At least 13 times a day from a 1300 number. When i answer they hang up. The only way i found out the company name was by ringing back the 1300 number. They are annoying and harrassing. Im glad i found out who they are and found this site. I hope more people check them out b4 signing anything...

• Bl
      10th of Jun, 2010

STOP TRYING TO TAKE MONEY OUT OF MY ACCOUNT I DRAIN MY MONEY WHENEVER I GET MONEY SO YOU MAY AS WELL GIVE UP ON MY BANK ACCOUNT.
    IT YOU GET ANY OF MONEY I HAVE YOUR [censor]ING NUMBER AND I WILL HAVE IT TRACED TO WHERE YOU ARE. I HAVENT GOT NO T.V OR PONE YET SO [censor] OFF AND GET [censor]ED! YOU ARE SCAMMERS AND YOU DONT DO AS YOU SAY.
    YOU PUSHED ME INTO GETTING THE T.V SO I GOT IT AND THEN YOU CALL ME BACK 15 MINUTES AFTER SAYING IM A SPECIAL CLIENT AND YOU WOULD LIKE TO OFFER ME A PHONE, WELL THATS WHERE YOU STUFFED UP BECAUSE THAT [censor] JUST DONT HAPPEN.
    SO I DECIDED TO GET ON THE INTERNET AND SEE WHAT THIS VIPTEL CRAP IS.
    WHEN I GOT ON I SAW ALL THIS STUFF THAT WAS BAD NEWS EXCEPT ONE.
    WELL IM GOING TO LET ALL MY FRIENDS KNOW TO TAKE THE OFFERS YOU GIVE TO YTHEM BUT TELL YOU THE WRONG BANK DETAILS.
    THANKYOU FORE CALLING ME AND [censor]ING YOURSELF UP.