Vioderm/Mineral Science/Synergy / Never Received Product, Still Being Charged

1 TX, United States Review updated:

Company is a total ripoff. I unfortunately fell for an internet site that promised me something if I signed up for 2 products. I picked Vioderm & Mineral Science makeup offers. After signing up I realized I was enrolling in a monthly membership. I attempted to immediately cancelled via email. I was no told that my membership would be cancelled, however; I would still receive the trial samples and have to pay the shipping and handling. If I chose to keep the products I would be billed, but that I could return them and be billed nothing. Several weeks later I went to my mailbox (located curb side) to find the Mineral Science products rubber banded to the outside of the box. I kept waiting the receive the Vioderm products. They never arrived. I returned the Mineral Science (with the required RMA number). Low and behold, while checking my bank account on line I discovered charges for $69.95 from Mineral Science and $59.99 for Vioderm. I contacted the company and was told that they had a USPS tracking number for the Vioderm. I explained how I never received it (suspecting it was left on the mail box and was probably stolen). The rep proceeded to tell me that I had to prove that I did not receive it. How do I prove a negative. She then went on to tell me that once I proved I didn't get the product that they would resend it and that I WOULD NOT be allowed to return it for a refund. She stated that I would only be charged approximately 40% of the original purchase price. In regards to the Mineral Science she said that the company had not received the returned package and that I was responsible for the charges. When I told her that I had the receipt for the return shipment I was once again told to prove that they got the package. My Lord, this company is a joke. I have found hundreds of complaints similar to mine online. DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THEM, THEY ARE A SCAM. I am now disputing the charge with my bank and hopefully they can make this go away. If you have already dealt with them, I wish you luck.

Mb

More Vioderm/Mineral Science/Synergy Complaints & Reviews

Comments

• Me
      13th of Jul, 2010

We apologize for the inconvenience this customer may have experienced. Unfortunately, the US mail system is not 100% accurate. When a customer calls to obtain an RMA number it is our standard practice to recommend they get a tracking number for the package. This will help ensure that we can refund their money if the package is not received to our warehouse properly. If we do not receive the package, or if we receive it in an improper manner (marked return to sender) we will refund the customers money 100% if they can provide us with a receipt for the shipping or a tracking number. If there was an issue of not receiving a package, all packages have tracking numbers confirming delivery. The Member agrees that confirmation of delivery by the USPS to the mailing address provided at sign-up constitutes the Member's acceptance of the product. If a package was received damaged we would offer to reship the product so the customer would be able to enjoy the product.