Vinyl siding / Not installed properly-leaking into home

1 Midlothian, VA, United States
Phone: 740-380-9565/804-739-0128

I am writing in hopes you may be able to assist me with an ongoing unresolved concern. Several years ago my mother spent almost $40, 000 with your company to have vinyl windows and siding installed on her home. The siding has apparently been installed incorrectly, over the flashing on the chimney. From our understanding and communication with several contractors, it should be the reverse. Therefore, this has caused leaking inside the home, down the ceiling, the walls, onto the flooring, carpet, and apparently has caused a chair to actually rust on the carpet, so it's been happening "silently" for quite some time. This creates an entire new problem of mold and mildew, which we know, can cause many health concerns. My mother is older, has already suffered several strokes, although minor, and this is creating an unbelievable and unacceptable amount of stress on her.

My mother has made many many attempts to have the situation resolved and has had both Sears and the roofing contractors come out to assess the situation and see what needs to be done in order to correct it. She has been working with the following people in the Richmond area, Brenda Townsend, who has essentially disregarded all attempts to correct the situation. She has not returned phone calls, provided incorrect phone numbers and ignored the request for a customer service number of the East Coast Customer Service Manager. This is what I am hoping you will be able to help me with. This situation needs to be resolved, before it becomes anymore serious that it can already be. The office manager, Todd Blackwell has never returned a phone call as well and is always out of the office, at a meeting etc. Has never been able to speak with her in regards to this matter. Approximately 10-12 days ago, a gentlemen by the name of Mr. Link came out to look at the situation and was able to immediately address the fact that it is an installation concern from the siding. He has been in this business for more than 25 yrs. and was very professional and meticulous with his efforts. As he was preparing to leave, he asked my mom to give Brenda until Thurs. to contact her in reference to solving the concern. She waited until Fri. and called and has since been put off, experience unreturned attempts to contact her, won't provide the numbers and essentially making excuses.

At this time, I am requesting the number for the East Coast Sears Home Improvement Customer Service Supervisor. This situation has lingered on long enough with no resolution and currently my mom has a tarp on her house to cover the water, so hopefully no additional damage will occur. My biggest concern at this point is her health, due to the constant pressure of not resolving the situation AND what may be growing under the wet carpet.

I appreciate your help in this matter and I thank you in advance for providing me with the East Coast Manager's phone number. My mother spent thousands of dollars on her improvements and the company was happy to service her at that time, however, now that a concern has arisen, there seems to be total disregard for not only the situtaion, but for health, which is very concerning. I look forward to speaking with you and again, I appreciate your assistance on this concern.

Regards,