Vintage Jewelry / Fraud and theft

1 Dallas, TX, United States Review updated:
Phone: 214-417-0854

THEFT? Plain and simple: We were informed (by a friend of the necklace's previous owner) that a piece of jewelry we purchased from this website had been stolen! We tried to work it out with the owner of the company, Mr. Yang, but were informed that once a purchase left his care, there "is nothing I can do". This, of course, is completely unsatisfactory. We feel awful that we now have a tainted necklace, but we paid quite a bit for it and really don't wish to write off the loss. Has anyone else had a similar experience with this individual or his website? If you have, please let us know how you resolved it! we just don't know what to do!

Comments

• Er
      23rd of Jun, 2008

I am Erik Yang, owner of Lush Life Antiques, and I just recently found this complaint online. I have been in business for several years and take pride in my business relationships. I offer an ample return policy and I’m always willing to work with clients if there is ANY problem. I have a successful business based on loyal repeat customers, and have had long term relationships with both my buyers and consigners.

I have NEVER been contacted by anyone concerning a “stolen” necklace so this is news to me. I would never knowingly sell ANYTHING stolen. I have emailed the poster “Elizabeth” several times to no avail. I have never spoken with an “Elizabeth”, nor have I been given a sale date, invoice number, or anything. Her claim that “there is nothing I can do” is simply ridiculous because I pride myself on CUSTOMER SATISFACTION. I have hundreds of clients who would confirm this. In an open unregistered forum like this, anybody can make anonymous slanderous and libelous accusations without any basis. That is clearly the case here.

I am perplexed and angered by this posting because I strive to run an honest small business. It’s unfortunate that there are vindictive individuals and/or scammers that would do such a malicious thing. I have contacted the Dallas Internet Fraud complaint center about this posting, and will continue researching these false allegations. If you have any questions or concerns, I can be contacted at my business email or phone.

Erik Yang
    214 417 0854
    Thelushlife@mindspring.com

1st of Jul, 2008

Well, isn't this typical! A friend posts a question about questionable tactics from this company and a few days later she finds it's been 'edited', apparently at the request of the individual being complained about! I thought this website was for unedited consumer complaints. What good does it do to ask other customers how they resolved a bad situation when they won't even be able to look up the info under the company's name (ERIK YANG or THE LUSH LIFE ANTIQUES)? This seems like just the kind of tactic an unscrupulous business would use.