Vintage gliders / Completely stole my money, no glider shipped, ever

1 NC, United States Review updated:

I ordered and recieved one glider. Though this is not my actual complaint here, this was not the product I ordered as far as color. They also did not do a powder coat as they state. It was a cheap paint job.
I spoke w/ them and they agreed to give me a discount on another as I wanted one for my friend (pregnant mother to be.).
I sent them another certified check and... still no product, at all. They wont recieve or return my calls or few emails. They just actually ripped me off. I cant believe it. It has been 6 or so months and my wife and I have absorbed the loss in or financial situation. But we can not stress enough that these people can on one hand be helpful and on the other... internet crooks!
Be very afraid!
Joe Sampietro and Dianne Driscoll
www.seaviewfencesandgates.com
[protected]
San Fransisco Bay Area

Comments

• Ji
      5th of Aug, 2009
    Vintage gliders - Disappearing act
    Vintage Gliders

Once our check was received, and cashed, we have no chair for which we paid $338. No response from multiple messages left by phone or e-mail. I cannot tell if this company is in Pelham, North Carolina or Danville VA. I have addresses for both. I am submitting complaints to FTC, BBB and have made calls to the local police department. This "company" gives a bad name to all those wonderful Internet companies out there who care about customer service.

• Al
      28th of Dec, 2009
    Vintage gliders - Scam and cheating
    vintageglider.com

I ordered and payed for a glider, two chairs and a side table. I only received the glider. And it was not the color I ordered. They would return my calls before I ordered and payed and then blocked my number after I told her I did not receive the chairs and table. Very sketchy. I am happy that I received the glider and love it; we did repaint it ourselves. Paypal could not do anything about the chairs and table, since we received part of our order, the glider.

• Lu
      10th of Feb, 2010
    Vintage gliders - Stay away from these cheats
    vintageglider.com

I ordered a three seater glider, and one stationary chair and one rocker, and asked them to refinish them. When they finally showed up three months later, they were not what I ordered. The color was correct, but the style was wrong and I received two stationary chairs and no rocker. I have emailed numerous times to no avail. What really galls me is that I paid the higer price for the specific style and have not been refunded the difference for their error. I am filing a complaint with their local better business bureau, and telling as many people as I know stay away from these cheats!!!

• Em
      1st of Aug, 2011
    Vintage gliders - Unhappy
    Vintage Gliders

I'm currently having this company investigated by a detective as they cashed my check on July 7 and here it is August 13 and no glider. They never answer their phones and from what I've been told, their business is in a residential neighborhood. There have been reports of stolen gliders in that area.

I've had to change my checking account because whoever cashed my check has my signature and routing number. I did this on the advise of the investigating detective.

Stay away from Vintage Gliders .