Vindale Research / Business Partners

1 UT, United States Review updated:

I thought I would try online surveys to make money through Vindale Research. I tried the Extreme Acai Berry 14 day Trial. I cancelled twice 9/22/08 & again on 10/8/08 after seeing an unauthorized charge of $8.51. The second time I called 14 times busy I then caught a break in the evening 5:00pm was on hold for 50 minutes the music was hideously loud. I spoke with a very nice woman & was told PriceLimbo is automatically purchased when you trial Extreme Acai Berry. She then cancelled the account & gave me a confirmation number. I noticed another $8.51 charge on 11/3/08 & researched the internet for information on how to cancel PriceLimbo finding only SCAM. To not lose anymore money I called the bank affiliated with my credit card & filed a claim against PriceLimbo. I was told PriceLimbo had an auto withdrawal link on my card. The bank said it had been removed & the $$ is now available on my card.
The bottom line Vindale Research should know whether the Companies they do business with are legitimate or not.

Ke

Comments

25th of Nov, 2008

I have been aware of companies such as this.. and thought i would put this particular company to the test myself. I have never and will not enter any financial information or detailed personal information with scams like this-and would highly advise everyone else to take the same advise.
    First of all.. when credit card or banking info is required.. then there is a gimick involved.. When one has to enter this kind of information...it would be the same as paying for the item. If you have to pay for a survey- focus group-or contest- then it is trickery.
    I HIGHLY ADVISE THAT YOU CONTACT THE ATTORNEY GENERAL IN NEW YORK AND THE POST MASTER GENERAL IN REGARDS TO THIS MATTER. I HAVE ALREADY DONE SO. IF ENOUGH COME FORWARD AND DO THE SAME.. VINDALE RESEARCH WILL BE MADE TO PAY FOR THIER ILLEGAL ACTIONS.
    SO ACT ON MY ADVISE.. CONTACT THE ATTORNEY GENERAL IN NY FIRST.

• Sy
      20th of Nov, 2009

Vindale itself is a scam! Cancel your account and watch your bank accounts.
    I received an invitation to join Vindale Research via email. Normally I do not respond to these types of offers but stupidly answered this invitation. Within a week I was inundated with phishing and spam emails.
    After opening a technical support ticket about a survey problem (which was never resolved by their online tech "Rosie") I received an email about my 'open ticket'. Upon logging into my Vindale account I discovered that another ticket was open. I reviewed the information to discover that the information including First Name, Last Name and email address belonged to another Vindale member! I again logged into their 'online customer service chat' and inquired about why I was able to view another member’s information whose email I will not log here. The online customer service agent "Rosie" blamed the ability to see another members contact information on a 'recent web page update'! Of course their technical support team wanted to know exactly how I was able to see Melody's information to which I asked for a phone number to call their corporate office. Vindale customer support agent refused to provide a phone number telling me 'that is available on the web page' (there is a phone number but it is an automated phone tree without 'live support)
    I am concerned for others on Vindale that their personal contact information and credit card information are distributed without our consent. Class action lawsuit

• Ba
      15th of Jan, 2011

oh this is a scam for sure. I get at least 40 different emails allegedly from them offering me $75 for my opinion. First clue of a scam is that these emails come from a different sender and most likely an email address that they have harvested and perhaps using those of the suckers theyve reeled in

• Bw
      10th of May, 2012

I'm just glad I never submitted financial information or purchased anything directly through them after I saw what they did with just my name and address. When filling out profile information, I said I was interested in getting Forbes Magazine at an 80% discount. Instead of an expected link in my email, I received copies of Forbes in my mailbox. They subscribed me to a magazine without my knowledge or consent.