Villas del Palmar-Flamingos Nuevo Vallarta Mexico / fraudulent timeshare sale

Universal Vacation Club/Resortcom.com
San Diego
Do not agree to attend time share sales presentation of buy from any time shares in Puerto Vallarta. Our specific experience was with Villas del Palmar Flamingos in Nuevo Vallarta.

From the moment we stepped off the plane we were accosted by people claiming to be "American Express Travel" our transportation connection to our hotel.

We were talked into a time share presentation and subsequently agreed after hours of pounding to buy a 2 bedroom lock-off unit at the above hotel.

Our story is pretty much identical to the other complaints written about this resort and their fraudulent sales tactics which basically boiled down to the fact that what we were told and what we received were completely different.

Our sales person, pleasant and extremely chariming, South-African native, Gareth Jones, systemically piled untruth upon untruth to sweeten the deal. When called out on these untruths via email, the replies stopped.

We are now dealing with Bill Conley, a part of the sales team out of San Diego California (Resortcom.com), on Camino del Rio South in San Diego. He has offered to 'change' the deal, however, did not address a single complaint that we presented to them. Our first phone conversation was pleasant enough, however, after their sales meeting where our disputes were presented, the second email had a hostile attitude attached to it.

We are not letting this go; and are enlisting the help of a consumer advocate group that has dealt with these unscrupulous business men and have been, according to their claim 100% successful in getting people out of their timeshares. They are listed with the Better Business Bureau, as well, with a A- rating.

Good luck to all of those in this unfortunate situation. The world is not a good place anymore and full of TAKERS!

A  31st of Mar, 2009 by
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
I am having a problem with resortcom.com. What consumer group is helpful???
N  1st of May, 2009 by
I dealt with another scam artist from resortcom.com (her name is Yvonne Waterbury). I got taken for about 20 grand, with fees increasing every year. I tried to give up my time share and was threatened with collections and a lawsuit. Now, they're saying that if I pay my fee for this year, I can revoke my membership. Is this the best deal I can get? Seems like another way for me to continue paying more.

Yvonne Waterbury
Loan Portfolio Managemer
404 Camino Del Rio South 4th Floor
San Diego, Ca. 92108
(619)683-2470 Ext. 1053
(619)683-2077 Fax
N  21st of Nov, 2009 by
Hi there,

Was your consumer advocacy group effective? We just used the lawyers at www.timesharescam.com and they were able to cancel our contract within a matter of months. Very effective and professional staff. We didn´t think we would ever resolve this headache, but now we are financially free.

A  25th of Aug, 2010 by
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
Resortcom.com is extremely difficult to deal with. First of all, they make everyone, for every reason, hold in a long telephone queue. They operate as a Faceless organization rarely giving out their names or a way to follow-up. They never give out a manager's name or a way to follow-up. It's always their way or no way.