Village Green Companies / Bad service

The Village Green rental properties based out of Farmington Hills, MI. has rental properties in Michigan, Illinois, Minnesota, and Ohio. They're a fairly large management company, and lease out a range of rental properties.

Let it be known that they are not returning my security deposit. I left the place spotless, no abnormal wear or tear, end of April-06'. That's not even their excuse for not returning my deposit. They are trying to tell me that my deposit money was kept for "concessions". Noone there can explain to me what they are. When I call to get my money back or get an explanation, they act as if I'm the angry rude guy, and hang up the phone, when all I'm trying to do is get back what's mine.

These so-called concessions they are referring to are deductions in rent. When in fact, rent deductions applied were for their "two-months free" special, when I had originally signed up nearly four years back. Now, they're trying to tell me that these come out of my security deposit. This is total BS. Be very aware if you're thinking about renting here, the service in the leasing office is terrible, except the day you sign, they are just peachy. After that, they could care less about you, and it's obviously because these leasing agents really have no incentive

Ga

Comments

• Un
      6th of Nov, 2011

I believe you. I have had a bad experience with Village Green Management as well. First off, they don't tell you about all the additional cost associated with the apartment until after you have applied (and they have ran your credit) made a down payment, paid the deposit, and in my case until after the lease was signed. Their leasing agents have lied right to my face and when you attempt to talk to someone higher up about the problem, they will treat you like you are the one that is lying. To anyone else reading this, If you feel that you must rent at one of these properties, make sure that you understand all the terms and conditions by asking lots of questions and make sure they answer. Make sure you get EVERYTHING in writing and document your interactions with them because they will tell you one thing and do another. In my case they told me they paid water but less than a month later I ended up getting a bill from AUM for water/sewer.

5th of May, 2012

I agree. EVERYTHNG you mentioned is true. Please check other apartments, before seeing this one :-(