Viking Magazine / Cancelation

1 Beckley, WV, United States Review updated:

Was told that I was comitted to a $1200 magazine subscription and have already made the first payment of $68. I was told that I can not cancel the subscription. Was given a $500 shopping spree, but when I logged on to the website to do my shopping there was hardly anything on the site worth buying much less $500 worth of stuff. When I called Viking Magazine to complain the rep was vary rude and didn't offer to help my situation in anyway. After my terrible phone conversation with Viking Magazine I logged back onto their website and seen that several other people had the same complaints. I was willing to spend alot of money with this company, but it turns out that Viking Magazine is more of a scam than a business. A scam to sale magazines and blindly commit people to paying a large amount of money for them and we have not received the first magazine we ordered. Viking Magazine is a rip off!

Comments

• Ti
      6th of Mar, 2012

OK I just hung up talking to them. I was told I won an entry into a million dollar contest. Then was told I would get free magazines
    which I had to PAY $ 3.68 for 60 months. Like an idiot I gave my cc# and then they tell me my first payment is going to be $70 and
    some change. Well I kept asking would I have to pay now and she said yes! I told her I simply can not afford this ever month. Then
    she said I can chose what day of the month and the amount that I want them to take out. Well I told her I wanted to decline the amount because I think its not a good idea to spend money I simply don't have.
    Now reading that some of the stuff offered like the $250 gift cards might now even be worth anything or the magazines are too many and not what you really want. Now that I think about it non of them would have been free if I am going to be paying over $70 a month. I sure its a scam so when I hung up I called and canceled my credit card. I just can't take that chance that the might try to take money out of my account. I will be a lot more careful in the future when getting calls like this and ask even more question.