Viking / Junk service
Outline of our Viking appliance problems since we moved in to our new home. All of these problems occurred within the first 3 months of use.
1) under counter refrigerator freezing. (replaced with new unit)
2) Wine cooler fan motor stopped working after 3 months (replaced with new fan motor)
3) Microwave door would not open after unit heated up ( replaced door lock mechanism )
4) Refrigerator doorstop broke within 3 months. ( removed door and replaced doorstop)
5) Rust forming on freezer door top and mold on freezer door seal. (on going problem)
6) Fisher/ Pacal drawer dishwasher motor froze up. (replaced motor ) Not a Viking problem
7) Viking Ice maker stopped working
(replaced heater element)
We spent around $50, 000.00 on our appliances and this is the result of buying "TOP OF THE LINE PRODUCTS".
The only items that have not failed yet are:
1) Viking dishwasher
2) second under counter refrigerator
3) Windcrest induction range top
4) GE microwave
5) Viking range hood
6) second Fisher/ Pacal drawer dishwasher
7) Viking Oven
Now our $5000.00 over/under refrigerator/freezer is rusting and mold forms on the freezer door constantly. We went to a brand new appliance store that carries Viking. The new model of our unit has the same problem with condensation leaking from the doors and water accumulating on the seal of the freezer. This causes mold to grow around the seal.
The repair company for Viking (HADCO) tells us it's our fault because we live close to the ocean. (our home is in Florida) The new store was in San Francisco in a heated store. So the policy of the Viking distributor is to blame the consumer.
We are about to write the CEO of Viking, Mr. Fred Carl to see if this is the way Viking treats all of it's customers. We will post a follow up with his response.