Viking / Junk service

United States, Mississippi, Greenwood Review updated:
111 Front Street
Outline of our Viking appliance problems since we moved in to our new home. All of these problems occurred within the first 3 months of use.

1) under counter refrigerator freezing. (replaced with new unit)

2) Wine cooler fan motor stopped working after 3 months (replaced with new fan motor)

3) Microwave door would not open after unit heated up ( replaced door lock mechanism )

4) Refrigerator doorstop broke within 3 months. ( removed door and replaced doorstop)

5) Rust forming on freezer door top and mold on freezer door seal. (on going problem)

6) Fisher/ Pacal drawer dishwasher motor froze up. (replaced motor ) Not a Viking problem

7) Viking Ice maker stopped working

(replaced heater element)

We spent around $50, 000.00 on our appliances and this is the result of buying "TOP OF THE LINE PRODUCTS".

The only items that have not failed yet are:

1) Viking dishwasher

2) second under counter refrigerator

3) Windcrest induction range top

4) GE microwave

5) Viking range hood

6) second Fisher/ Pacal drawer dishwasher

7) Viking Oven

Now our $5000.00 over/under refrigerator/freezer is rusting and mold forms on the freezer door constantly. We went to a brand new appliance store that carries Viking. The new model of our unit has the same problem with condensation leaking from the doors and water accumulating on the seal of the freezer. This causes mold to grow around the seal.

The repair company for Viking (HADCO) tells us it's our fault because we live close to the ocean. (our home is in Florida) The new store was in San Francisco in a heated store. So the policy of the Viking distributor is to blame the consumer.

We are about to write the CEO of Viking, Mr. Fred Carl to see if this is the way Viking treats all of it's customers. We will post a follow up with his response.

A  12th of May, 2009 by
We have the same problem with rust and mold on door . We where told we live to close to water. What can we do ?
N  8th of Jun, 2009 by
There is a fix for the refrigerator problem you are having. I needs to have a small heater installed which HADCO knows about but hates to go through the effort to put in. You also need to make sure the door heaters (mullion) were connected at the distributor before being delivered to you. Vike does not connect these on some models. they install them but don't coonect them. the distributor has to do it. This get Viking around the fact that it will not pass department of energy requirents with the heater connected...Good luck you are going to need it.
A  10th of Nov, 2009 by
We have had our viking oven and cooktop for 13 years and have had nothing but problems the entire time. The oven is ALWAYS broken - just one thing after another. We purchased the oven with no frills...it just bakes and has a knob for convection fan, and one for temperature. No timer, no self clean, no clock, it just bakes when it works. My husband is a plumber and has determined the internal construction and design is extremely poor and wrong. Viking customer service has to be the absolute worse customer service i have ever come across in my life! The only part of the oven which looks good as new are the oven grates and maybe that is because the oven hasn't had much use in 13 years. For 5 years straight we went without an oven...we used toaster ovens and the outdoor gas grill (not a viking). 2 toaster ovens at $50. each. If one is technically oriented, you can fix it yourself...viking parts are available online (not thru viking as they will not sell them to you). We did not purchase all appliances at the same time- thank God. Thermador is a better product. Purchased a thermador side by side refrig w/ice maker and water about 4 years ago and it has been running perfect not one single problem. Why would anyone want the expense of a viking microwave...there are many reliable cheap ones out there - my $100. panasonic microwave has been perfect for 8 years now. When i am able i will replace this anchor of an oven with a thermador. BUYER BEWARE OF VIKING!! YOU WILL BE GLAD YOU DID!~
A  20th of Nov, 2009 by
huge issue with the door of the viking microwave oven. i have had it repaired a dozen or more times. seems like the plastic part keeps getting bent by the heat and then the door gets jammed. customer service has been no help whatsoever. i finally had a repair guy tell me that viking knows about this issue and they even make a heat shield now to prevent this - but viking still wont fix or pay for this fix for me (or even admit that it was a design issue). the new units dont have this mechanism either!!!

i will never buy a viking product again - and you shouldnt either. my sister has wolf products and has never had an issue that wasnt resolved to her satisfaction!
A  13th of Apr, 2011 by
I had a problem with a Viking Wall Oven - a $6k piece of equipment. Over a four year period it would intermittently quit. Viking service replaced just about every component - twice. Then they said "we can't fix it if we aren't there when it breaks". They declined my offer of the spare bedroom. I wrote the company president and, after a lot of pushing (they seem to hope you'll just give up and go away) they replaced the oven. Their initial offer was a pro-rated replacement. When I pointed out that the initial failure was 3 weeks after installation, they came around.

Don't let the [censor] grind you down!
A  8th of Jun, 2011 by
I have tried everything, every week since Nov '10.
Taken every route possible and and have been shuffled off to different "customer service" reps.
There is no service!!!
2004 Viking fridge has had on going problems problems since it was installed Aug of '04 starting with water leaking underneath the unit - totally ruining the hardwood floor.
Spent $5600 on the fridge and to date have spent over $2000 in repairs...as of this week it has totally shut down. And still no one has responded.
The viking range will be next - knobs are falling off and propane burners do not like to operate more than 2 at a time.
Yes they really do not care. They do hope you will give up and go away...and unfortunately they will win...the ### did grind me down because now we need a fridge!
A  17th of May, 2012 by
Spent $35, 000 Viking appliances and had service repair company to my house 9 times. The icemaker is noisy, gas cooktop professional burner covers are peeling (look horrible) refrgerator circuit blew, wait a month for parts. A LAWSUIT HAS BEEN FILED ---- CONTACT: F. GERALD MAPLES LAWFIRM 1-866-548-7765