Videotron / Prolonged Service Outage
On the 24th or 25th of October, I received a flyer from Videotron stating that they would be doing work in the neighbourhood. The flyer stated that for the next 48 to 72 hours we might experience service outages between the hours of 3AM and 5PM.
Tuesday morning at about 3AM, judging by when my mail last loaded, I lost service. As I had just recently switched my telephone service to Videotron, this meant that I was not only without cable or internet, but without a phone line as well.
Given what was clearly stated on the flyer, I expected to see service return between 5PM and 3AM at the very least.
However, I did not see ANY return in service until about noon on Friday, 31 October.
Much to my chagrin, at that time I retreived phone messageS on my Vidotron voicemail from my younger sister in the States saying that my mother was in the hospital gravely ill and that I should come at once as the doctors were sure my mother would not last much longer.
I called my sister immediately only to find out that my mother had passed away the night before...
There had also been e-mails from my adoptive father that I had not been able to access.
I guess I should thank God that I never had an situation here at the house with my young children that required an emergencey 911 call...
More Videotron Complaints & Reviews
- Videotron - THEY LIED TO MY FACE!!! 
- Videotron - Price Plans and Lies 
- Bell, Videotron - Cables, right to private life 
- Videotron - total frustration 
- Videotron - Cellphone rip-off
- Gerosa@Videotron.ca - bitdefender total security 2018
- Videotron - trespassing without notice 
- Videotron - Service interruption & lack of integrity
- Videotron - discrimination
- Videotron Billing-Internet - Refusal to credit