Videocon Television / tv not working

1 India Review updated:

A copy of email to Videocon Television:

Sub: Complaint No VA07B13094

Dear Sir/Madam,

This is to inform you that I had purchased a TV from Videocon almost 10years ago. I had purchased a remote from outside recently as the early one was giving problems. Unfortunately it is not working on the TV at home, but was working at all the other showrooms wherever I got it checked. I understood that there could be a problem with my TV. I called up the customer care centre and lodged a complaint on the 13th of February 2007. I received a complaint # being VA07B13094. I was told by the executive that a person would come the very next day within 12pm. My husband gave a call back again as the person did not turn up. (I would like to mention here that my husband and myself took a leave as we thought the person should not be missed out). We called the customer care again and this time they told us that the rep would be home by 8pm. We waited again but in vain. We did not receive any calls from their end.

I happened to call up the service centre [protected]) and a lady by name Ms. Chetana picks up the call. (she is so casual that she is also speaking to a colleague at the same time.) I was very upset for the fact that neither did my problem get solved nor is the lady interested to solve my problem. She says to me that she would send a person by afternoon. My question is then why are you having a call center if she has to send the person only when I called up? Why are you having complaints numbers registered? Just for the heck of it!!! Four days passed and my TV is not repaired and I had to call back to plead if you could repair it? Is this what you call CUSTOMER SATISFACTION?

I told the lady on phone that I would complain to your higher ups for this kind of callous attitude. Interestingly I was told by her to go ahead and complain. Later on I was connected to Mr.Govind Raj who seemed interested to solve my problem. He said he would send Mr. Mahalingam to home. He arrived by 1PM and tells me that the remote is bad. I told him that the remote has been checked and works well. He then opened up the TV and found that the censor is not working and he has not brought that part along with him. I would like to ask you here again that when the customer explains to the rep that the remote is not working and also when the rep tells me that there could be a problem with the censor in the TV why is not that Mr. Mahalingam did not come with the part. It is absolute callous behaviour from you end. He again fools me saying that he would be back by 6pm which as usual does not happen.

Today I called up the service centre again and the lady says that she would send him again and Mr. Govind Raj is in a meeting. What kind of a meeting do you have when a customer is troubled and humiliated so much? I have 60 % of my home appliances from Videocon. I was looking for a fridge and a TV for my parents and was planning to buy from Videocon whom I TRUSTED IMMENSELY. But now I would think 100 times before I make a mistake again. To be very frank with you I now also regret buying my appliances from the Videocon. (You should remember here that when the customer is not happy with the services provided, that’s when he/she tends to look out for other options.)

Last but not the least I would to tell you that you should teach your customer services reps not to misbehave on the phone as they should be aware that the customer that they speak to are associated to VIDEOCON from a very long time. In fact as the lady’s suggestion I am sending the mail to you. (I would request you not to take any drastic action against her as I do not have any grudges personally.)

Hope you would consider my facts explained above and I assume that you would do the needful.

Sangeetha Bishnoi

Comments

• Su
      10th of Dec, 2006
    Videocon Television - Patch on CRT
    India

Dear customer care,
    Pl note I had purchased a Videocon TV on dt 21/01/2006. For the last few months I can observe a Yellow colour patch on the corner of the Picture tube. Pls get it attended soon

• Sv
      1st of Oct, 2007

last one week not show the picture

21st of Oct, 2007

Sub:- Bad customer service at Indore.

With due respect it is being stated about the bad customer services by one of your centre at Indore which is at the A.B. Road.

I bought a videocon BAZOOMBA 29" at the NEXT SHOOWROOM which is OLD SET handed over to us.
    Kindly let us know the customer care email ID of the deptt so that we can sue them in court.
    Now they are not replacing the same, not even arranging the SAME NEW TV SET, and always they are misleading us for the same.

Kindly help and reply at the earliest.

Regards,
    Manish Soni
    Kindly help is at the earliest.

• Gv
      22nd of Oct, 2007

i want a new remote to my videocon tv. please suggest how to get the remote.ph:09952948499

• Ka
      20th of May, 2008

Dear Sir
    This is regarding my TV AMC. I logged a call regarding the same with Videocon. A person namely Mr.Tarun visited my home from Videocon 0n 1st April 2008 and collected an amount of Rs 650/- for one year AMC.They gave a simple hand made paper receipt.His Address is 391, Sant Nagar, East of Kailash, New Delhi
    but till date I have not received any AMC document from your side. Many times I have called customer care, Mr Tarun and Mr.Paramjeet's cell number as well but no resolution till date. I am very sorry to say that your service is very very poor and no one recommended your product to any one because of this type service.
    Kindly help...

s.r repairing center
    India
    srcomputertechnology.cc.cc

videocon model no.ctvvdf21ssv-cfk remote is not work properly
    so please give me a solution

• Di
      1st of Dec, 2010

THIRD CLASS SERVICE FROM VIDEOCON ...
    I LOGGED COMPLAINT TO CUSTOMERCARE 2 MONYHS BEFORE ... WHICH PROMISED ME TO RESOLVE THE COMPLAINT WITHIN 24 HRS...
    BT STILL IT IS PENDING AND SERVICE CENTRE FROM KOLHAPUR JUST CALLS ME ... BUT NO ACTION FROM LAST 2 MONTHS...
    VERY POOR SERVICE...

• Rs
      14th of Jun, 2011

Dear
    Sir/Maidem,
    I have Registered Complaint in "Videocon Call Centre" for Videocon TV Problem but there is no response and reply from them for long. I dont know what to do now. still the TV is warranty period.

Complaint Date Complaint No.

26-05-2011 LUC 2605110189
    04-06-2011 LUC 0406110009
    10-06-2011 LUC 1006110578

PLEASE BE CAREFULLY MY COMPLAIN NO.

REGARDS

I sent Below mail to : customercare@vgmail.in; vashi@vgmail.com
    vnd@videoconmail.com; contact@videoconmail.com

Attn: Branch Manager, Vashi

Dear Sir,

I am sorry to say that service is being provided by your company is poor, no it is in fact worst I have ever seen. You must be knowing that services are more important than product. If you read below portion you will come to know the loop hole in sales and service department. I below mentioned thing happen then definitely people will not like to buy Videocon product.

Now market is consumer driven not company driven, other companies like LG, GODrej, Whirlpool are providing better services than that of yours. Now a days people expect good service from companies like yours.

If you want to compete with other companies and want to see grow your business please give importance to the service factor. Other companies are coming up with new ideas and we Indian people are still stucked into the basics.

I hope you will treat this mail positively. Instead of considering it problem, consider it opportunity to learn.

Following para shows my complain and it's status.

• I have purchased a 220 lt. double door Videocon Refrigerator on 24th April 2008 from Royal Electronics Ghansoli Navi Mumbai.

• My refrigerator stopped functioning since 01 May 2011.

• Then I registered complain to customer care on the same day i.e. 01 May 2011.

• In reply I have been told that their technician shall visit within 24 hours but it did not happen.

• After 2-3 days I registered complain once again, that also did not work. So again I called Customer care probably daily till 20th May 2011

• Every time I requested customer care to give me call half an hour before he comes to repair Refrigerator.

• So once again I raised a complain then then I got call from one of your technician from land-line number and asked me about problem I explained problem to him, and he come to conclusion that compressor has to be changed.

• He told me I have lot of work to do so he requested me to give him permission to come on 28 may 2011. I said OK. But neither did he come nor did he call.

• Again I raised complain saying that I am going to my native from 04 June 2011 to 13th June 2011 so ask your technician by 03 June 2011, so ask technician to visit either by 03 June 2011 or after 13th June 2011 but even after informing this technician has come on 08th June 2011 as door was locked he went back so customer care closed my complain/request number.

• Again I registered complain no. THA1306110354 on 13 June 2011 and asked to visit home and do the needful but as usual he did not come

• So I asked to forward my call to senior person, but when call was transferred it was coming busy consistently for 20 min.

• Then Next day I did the same again and senior phone was busy.

• In third attempt I could establish contact with senior and he told me that he is going to raise complain to regional office Vashi and

• Also he promised me that he will send mail to Vashi office mentioning that to provide the service at earliest.

• Parallely he provided me the contact number of Mr. Tayade from Vashi office but it was coming either consistently busy or switched off.
    • .
    • I raised complain to customer care & also I conveyed above matter to M/s. Royal Electronics Ghansoli Navi Mumbai,

• Then I got call on 25th June 2011 from technician, he told me that he will visit my place within half an hour.

• As my wife is not in town I had to take half day leave to get refrigerator repaired but he did not come.

• I did not want to write some thing like this but I am required to do it. Please take it positively and improve service factor

If you will not be able to solve the problem by tomorrow, please come & collect that refrigerator from my home, I will gift it to you.

Against my below feedback on internet I received a new complaint number 1606110723 and name and contact number of the person who is going to come to repair it.

But number mentioned in SMS is wrong. Earlier I got the similar SMS mentioning contact person and their number.

It is very pathetic situation.

God Knows what will happen next.

Vijay Thorat

• Bi
      19th of Oct, 2015

Sir, pl solution my32" led panel problem date of purchesd 11/10/2015

• Bi
      19th of Oct, 2015

Sir, pl solution my32" led panel problem date of purchesd 11/10/2015.com no asa1710150040