Videocon Electronics India Ltd. / satellite lcd tv3205hd

1 Periyapanicherry ChennaiIndia Review updated:

Complaint # CHE[protected] Date of registration of complaint: 2nd October Complaint closed by Service executive on 2nd October without resolving. Complaint Opened by self on 7th October Name: Sathish Kumar Mob: [protected] (Father in law), [protected] (Father), [protected] (Self) Myself Sathish Kumar is a loyal customer of Videocon for decades and have been using videcon products for years. I had a bad experience with the customer service team which i would like to bring it to the attention of the service head. My Videocon Satellite LCD TV HD3205TV got an issue that the color of the picture is getting tinted or become black and white after about 3 to 4 hours of continuous operation which will get resolved if the TV is restarted. I addressed the complaint to the VIDEOCON customer care number [protected] on 2nd october and i got a call back within 2 hours from a service center located near to my residence and the service executive attended the complaint on the same day. After addressing the issue to the executive he suspected that it may have come because of the mother board and he said the software can be restalled and checked. he has taken the motherboard and was requesting 800INR as a service charge for attending this complaint. we paid the money and he admitted that there will be a call from the customer service desk regarding the approximate cost for repair on the same day. but there was no such call. rather i got a message that my complaint has been resolved upto my satisfaction and it has been closed. Since there was no cal back from their service team i called them back on 5th October to find out the status, they admit that the motherboard has to be replaced for which i had given my green signal for this replacement, They had indicated a sum of rupees INR3900, which i agreed, i wanted them to give me the faulted board which they refused. they admit that this board will be replaced by 7th September, but no executive has replaced this as committed. Meanwhile i called the videcon customer care and requested them to reopen the complaint as it was not been resolved. When i called the service team on 8th October i was been told that the new motherboard has come from videocon and will be replaced on the same day they mention but again they failed and hence i called them up today (9th October) but was told that board came from Videcon is faulty and sent back. When i was asking on why the complaint has been closed without resolution she was dump and she dint even open her mouth. It has been about 25 days now and My satellite LCD TV3205HD mother board is not yet fixed due to the non availability of new mother board. and with reference to my telecom with the service team yesterday i was been informed that they got the approval from services to replace the my LCD TV with any new models; however for the evaluation of the TV value they request us to send the copy of the purchase bill which we actually misplaced. May i request the team to please interfere and resolve this issue as we are suffering to the most though being a most loyal customer of videocon. I can give you the details of this purchase with which i request you to trace/resolve this issue. Bought in 2012 December Store: Jeyachandran Textiles and vessels, T-nagar, Ranganathan Street, Chennai Name: Sathish kumar Price: 22, 000 I request you to please provide me the contact details of the service head which will help me in taking this issue to his kind notice and action plan. We welcome any of your team member to come and evaluate my Television and help us in getting it replaced. It is highly disappointing that the spare for a TV is not available with the manufacturer even within 3 years. now that the replacement is getting delayed its really shaking my trust on Videocon. Please revert back with the actionplan.

Sa
Oct 26, 2015

Comments

• On

Dear Sathish Kumar,

Sorry for the inconvenience. This is to inform you that your concern listed has been noted and our team is working on it. For any further clarifications, please write to us at write2us@vgmail.in and kindly mention your complaint no. in your subject line.
    Thank You for your cooperation.

Regards,
    Videocon Online Team

28th of Oct, 2015

I have already wrote this to "write2us@vgmail.in" but there was no response from your side. If the TV cannot be replaced at free of cost then you may please arrange to return back the 800INR collected by your executive and put the mother board back in my TV. We lost our trust with Videocon and will never ever recommend this to any of our relatives and friends.

Sathish

28th of Oct, 2015

My complaint was again closed on 19th October without any resolution. The mother board of my TV is not replaced but the complaint was closed twice without a solution. and a new complaint number has been provided now. the waiting period of the earlier complaint was 26 days and the new complaint reference has been given now.

Rude behavior from GEN TECH services and not even a single response from Mr VijayaKumar Krishna Moorthy in spite of the advice from Videocon Services
    My Satellite LCD TV3205HD loses its colour and got restarted automatically on 1st october, On 2nd October i post a service request to videocon 044-39404040. 2-3 hours later a service person visited my place and had taken the mother board for service. He had collected a service charge of INR800 and had promised a replacement within 2-3 days. but immediately within an hour i got a message from Videocon that the issue in my TV got resolved and closed.

There was no response from the service executive and hence we called them to find out the status of the replacement which they admit that the mother board needs to be replaced and the cost would be INR3900 for which we have given our green signal. Simultaneously we request the call center to reopen the complaint.

There were lot of false promises from the Gen Tech services and had finally accepted that there were no spares available with Videocon. To my surprise this complaint was again closed on 19th October without a resolution. when we asked for the reason for the closure of complaint on 2nd and 19th October Gentech Services are not giving any reply.

When we called him finally Charles of Gentech Services has informed us that he got an approval from Videocon for the replacement of TV for which he requires the Purchase bill. With the bill misplaced we had given him the serial number, model number, store name, amount and every other details. when we place a request to atleast service the same board the Gentech services replies that even the service charges will be 3900INR. Though there was an instructions from Videocon head office there was no follow up from Mr. Vijayakumar krishnamoorthy and he dont even pick any of our calls.

With the complaint closed twice without resolution, where these money will go "to videocon or Gentech"?, are they closing the complaint with minimum service charge (800INR) and making money for themselves (3900INR)? with the complaint closed what guarantee we have that we will get the original part from Videocon? why should they charge the same money (3900) for replacement and for servicing? They even mention that there is no guarantee for a service board even after paying premium of new board? why should a customer pay a premium amount for servicing, non availability of part within 3 years of purchase is a manufacturer fault or a customer fault? Gentech services stopped responding to our calls and as usual Krishnamoorthy vijayakumar is not even picking any of the calls. Where should we go now? do we need to suffer for your fault and fall a prey for the service trick of Gentech services.

28th of Oct, 2015

Videocon customer care executive reqeust us to co ordinate with Gentech service executive and the service executives and service incharge of videcon wont pick the call. Superb customer care from Videocon. Please dont cheat customers like this. i was a loyal customer of videocon for many years for the quality of products but not any more. Worst Services and poor customer care let your brand name down. i soon stop 4 videocon d2h services which are being used in my houses and will never ever recommend videocon product anymore.

28th of Oct, 2015

How long you people work on my complaint. If you people are working on it then why the complaint has been closed. what has happened to my mother board. with the mother board not fixed back in my tv how come the complaint closed now. Pooooorrrrrrrr Services and worst customer care

• On
      29th of Oct, 2015

Dear sathish Saint-Gobain,

Sorry for the inconvenience. We would request you to allow us some time as we have escalated this case to our team. As soon as we get any revert from them, we will update you.

Regards,