Videocon DVD Player / Defective player, bad service!

1 India Review updated:

I have purchased Videocon DVD Player model # 555 just about 4 months back. It has started giving trouble with in 2 months from the date of purchase ( picture jumping, audio repeat/jumping, clarity poor, motor sound, stuck eject, etc. despite of changing the CD/DVD rom and even company complimented CDs).

Most pathetic part is here in hyderabad, (AP) service centre whenever we send the system to rectify a given complaint it will be delivered belatedly with an added compliant. It seems that they are passing the time till 6 months are over. Then jolly well they charge and get income over that. It is a fact that this service centre is being organized very poor and nobody is acting responsible there.

Comments

• Ra
      25th of Oct, 2006
    Videocon DVD Player - Product not functioning properly
    India

I bought a Videocon DVD player from Parko Electronic, Lajpat Rai Market, New Delhi on 30th September 2006. Since I bought this product this is not functioning properly. I made a complaint for the same to customer care vide complaint No DWV-6J03005 dated 03/10/06. On the very next the technician came to our home but he was not able to rectify the problem when my wife want to put her comments on the service report he snatched away the service report and told my wife to make again complaint if you are not satisfy I can not allow you to put any comments on the service report. On the very next day I again lodge a fresh complaint for the same vide complaint no DWV-6J03005 dated 05/10/06 and nobody has attended the complaint so far I called many times to the customer care but every time they only committed the technician will positively attend the complaint today itself. I approach to Parko Electronics they also refused to change the product. I could not understand what mistake we did by purchasing a branded product.

20th of Apr, 2008

dvd cassettes are not playing

• Ps
      30th of Apr, 2008
    Videocon DVD Player - poor after sales service
    VIDEOCON DVD PLAYER
    India

We purchased Videocon DVD player, model-DMV8333 ON 25-12-2007 in Oriental towers, Thajavur.Problem incurred with the set is temporary function failure so we took set to the dealer on 24.4.08 and they said that the set requires software resetting, everyday we are enquiring for getting our set back but very improper lethargic approach by videocon service person incharge for Thanjavur city, not attending our problem properly, Telling many false replies

• Ve
      31st of May, 2008

sir my dvd player is on problem.i need to repair my dvd.that's what i am asking your servicing addresses.please send your sevicing service addresses in hyderabad.
    Thanking you sir

• Pr
      24th of Oct, 2008

I am purchased Videocon DVD Player on 14.1.2008. My model is DMV 8333 From that day I have faced lot of problems from that player. for one month it was working and suddenly offed. I went to the service center. They are saying the MPEG Board problem and kept the player for nearly 45 days. againt after 2 moths it was dead. This time they are said the memory IC was gone. after 45 days they Replaced. In waranty period (6 months) the player was on the service center about 3 months. I didn't see the player in my house. This Product DMV 8333 was the worst product in the videocon. I adviced all to dont purchase this product.
    Varma, JNTUCE Kakinada, 9985164514

• Ve
      25th of Jul, 2009
    Videocon DVD Player - repair of dvd player
    m/s vigneshwar service network
    India

I had given dvd player for repair, they nearly one month to repair. they gave me the dvd player charging Rs 650. but when i used it at house it did not work, so i took it again to them they said we will check and give within 2 days. But nearly 1 month later they are saying some other problem so u have to pay another 600 Rs.
    when i go ask about dvd they speak very rudly. i am customer, if they behave with me like this what should i do. now even the dvd player is waste and the 650 Rs which i paid to them is also waste. They say they are authorised company & if these people behave in such manner what should a common man do, where should he go. so please look over this complaint.

• Ku
      26th of Jan, 2010
    Videocon DVD Player - repair of dvd player
    Videocon
    kumar@gmail.com

I Sushil Kumar, R/o 4/140, Subhash Nagar, New Delhi - 110 027 purchase a Videocon DVD player on 24th January, 2010 I have so many times call to call centre but no install my DVD player on this date i.e. 27th of January, 2010.