Videocon / I will not recommend this brand to anybody!

1 India Review updated:

Re: videocon

With high expectations I went to your videocon ac dealer name "next" at 12, kapil vihar, main road, pitampura, delhi - 110034 and met d. N. Gandhi on 04 june, 2006. Instead of buying an lg ac, the brand which I was using for last 4 years and without any hassle, I bought videocon 1.6 ton ac as recommended by dn gandhi.

I get that ac installed on 07th june afternoon but when I checked the ac in the night, the compressor was not working hence their was no effective cooling. After my complaints videocon engineer visited and during his inspection it was found that the gas was not there in the compressor and hence he recommended to get a replacement or he give me an option to get it refilled by videocon technicians.

Thereafter I give a call to dn gandhi for the replacement but he refused to replace the ac and told me to refilled the gas in the new ac and during that conversation he was least bothered about my complaint and all personnel’s in his shop were laughing on the phone saying "ac mein to gas hi nahin hai". After 2 days and my numerous phone calls to dn gandhi, videocon customer care and mr. Josh (Gm at videocon towers, jhandewalan, new delhi) 2 technicians visited our home and filled the gas. But even after that the cooling was not perfect. Thereafter again I register my complaint to dn gandhi and mr. Josh and then I got a call from videocon on 14 june, 2006 that my ac will be replaced in next 2 days time and since then I am making continuous efforts making numerous phone calls to both these gentlemen but still my request has not been considered.

It is really a horrible experience for me to switch over my brand loyalty from lg to videocon and I must say that I made the most foolish decision while purchasing the ac. Neither mr. Josh nor dn gandhi gives a reciprocal call after so many request made by me. I hope you can understand how disheartening it is to buy a new ac worth rs. 15, 000/- but you can’t operate it through out this summer season.

Today 01 july 2006, when I gave a call to dn gandhi he offer me that he will change the ac by evening but again I have to bear freight charges and installation charges i. E. Approx rs.500/- which I don’t want to spend, he says that he will not spend even rs. 5 from his pocket so I have to bear this expenses again.

I hope you can understand my anguish and agony since last 25 days but it is really disappointing that such brand name and a big company like videocon work like in such a haphazard manner. Believe me after so many calls and requests now if I get my ac replaced, I will not be in a position to recommend your brand to anybody.

I hope you will look in to this matter and will respond to me.

Comments

• Ra
      13th of Apr, 2007

Sub: Air conditioner 1Ton window

I had recently ordered, on the suggestion of the known dealer, Videocon Windows 1Ton Airconditioner from Ashoka Sales, Faridabad.

To my surprise i noticed that the product has following critical definitions:

1. No Fresh air vent system - means your room will become stale soon.

2. The louver system not present, so no rotation of air flow in the room.

3. Blower speed is fixed.

I advice the company to immediately give these basic features which are given by all the other competitors in the mkt.

17th of Jul, 2008

No set attend in time service is so late. Beware people!

• Sm
      2nd of Jun, 2009

Hello,

I would see many complaints against videocon products!!

I would like to know whether the complaints were answered back or any one from videocon is taking responsibility on those complaints??

-SM

• Ob
      3rd of Aug, 2010

I have purchased a washing Machine. It gives me trouble last three times. Now dryer is not working.

• Sh
      14th of Aug, 2010

Hi,

I bought Videocon mobile last month, within 1 month itself touch screen not working, I gave to Accel Service center at Greams road, Its almost 1 month till now not fixed. I don't have mobile with me now Can u fix my mobile immediately or give replacement mobile. I don't have any no. to contact videocon dealer, Pls. give any no. to contact.

My Contact no. 9841780090 or shankaryrg@gmail.com
    Thanks for your help,
    Uma Shankar.

• Do
      10th of Sep, 2010

Videocon is one of the pathetic brands, We purches one TV in Nov 09. From the start, its response time is very slow. we registered the compalint but there was no one to take care about it.

Now again it is having one more problem, its nt working any more there is one look after it.

After sale service is pathetic & even quality is also nt upto the standard

Please do not purchase anything from Videocon.

• Ra
      15th of Feb, 2011

Videocon cellular company does not have facility for MNP.If you are going to switch to Videocon then do not go for it. It's my personal Experience.

• Vi
      30th of Jul, 2011

mere 8269358929 is no. par net nahi chal raha hai network problam aane lagi hai

• Ud
      20th of Aug, 2011

TV COLOUR CHANGES IN ONE WEEK.

• As
      27th of Sep, 2011

lose my balance and cut my phone

• Al
      1st of Sep, 2018
    Videocon Industries - Complaints against wrong model delivered in India
    United Arab Emirates

I purchased Videocon UHDVNV43Q519 led tv from emax Delma mall Abudhabi. Invoice number is SDDINV-1400019560. Wrong model number is delivered on 31 December 2017 in India. The delivered model is UHDVNV43Q549. So please replace with the purchased model.

• Al
      2nd of Oct, 2018
    Videocon Industries - Home theatre 5.1
    Mannar
    India

I hve a 5.1 videocon home theatre. The remote has been not working at all. Pls provide me a solution to get a new one. Pls gve the seller details near to Chenganur, Thiruvalla, Mavelikara or Mannar. The system not at all working. We had been using it for more than 8 yrs. Pls solve my problem as soon as possible. 8113925487

• Pr
      22nd of Oct, 2018
    Videocon Industries - Kelvinator refrigerator
    Gorakhpur
    India

Bottle rack supporter is brocken
    Freezer door is brocken
    Kindly provide your service at my door