Video Warehouse / Treats people like lying thieves

1 3214 20th ave. Suite EValley, AL, United States Review updated:

I filled out a membership application at this Video Warehouse and had picked out 3 movies to rent. The lady behind the counter asked for my driver license and went to a phone at the other end of the counter and called someone to check whatever, I have no idea, but apparently everything was fine because she came back and finished up the transaction, and I was allowed to take the movies out of the store, the total was three dollars and some change.

I got home about an hour later to see "Video Warehouse" on my caller ID, I called them back and asked was there a problem, and the lady said they were just verifying my home phone number.This was a little strange to me especially after having my license checked by phone while I wait to be approved, but I thought well it is a new business.

My husband came home a few hours later and asked why was the video warehouse people calling our business(we own)to confirm I worked there. I have given my work number because the application asked for it, I never thought they would actually call there. I was completely shocked that this place would a verify something with my license (which surely should have been enough)then call my house to make sure I live there and THEN my work.

Would they have denied the movie rentals if I was a stay at home Mom?If the answer was no, then why wasn't the home number check and the drivers license check not enough?

This to me was unacceptable and extremely overbearing for $3.00 of movies??.

I wrote a note, took the movies back the next morning without watching them and asked to be removed from their business.

I will never go back there again.

It's one thing to protect your business, but to make the customer feel like a lying thief is way to lose alot of customers especially in such a small town.

Va

Comments

• Ni
      15th of Apr, 2011

Ten years ago I worked at Video Warehouse in Lagrange. I remember having to make those phone calls. I always hated doing that, however it was company policy. The sales cleark was not checking your driver's licence over the phone she was checking the phone #'s you gave out to make sure they were valid. She should have told you what she was doing by saying Ma'am it company policy for me to verify the phone #'s you have given me.