Video Professor Inc. / Scam and fake promises!

1 12055 W 2nd PlDenver, CO, United States Review updated:

Millions of people see an endless succession of ads by this smiling Video Professor on CNN or CNN Headline News. He says, and I can quote. 'I want to GIVE you one of my courses, because I know that you'll come back to me for all your computing learning needs.' I've heard it a thousand times. I knew he would charge enough to cover the CDs and so it was. When you call the number, they tell you you only have to pay S&H of $6.95. AOK.

Then, the merchandise arrives, and one finds that HE IS ALLOWING 10 DAYS FOR EVALUATION, AND THEN HE IS CHARGING $89.95 FOR THE COURSE. I am in Costa Rica, and the merchandise was forwarded to me from Miami. THEN there is a line on page 6 of a small book included that says 'to choose my next title or to discontinue shipments, simply call [protected]', where a guy starts out melodiously, but has much experience in dealing with irate callers, tells me that all that is explained on page 5 of the document in the box. I say 'Big Deal, the guy says he'll GIVE it to me and then sends a box which has a form (which you very well may not read) which says he's going to charge my card another $90 in 10 days.' So the guy on the phone says that he will give me return info and I can send it back.

1) He GAVE it to me, I paid his $6.95, and done. I don't have any reason to return it.
2) I don't have any motivation to package this up and send it back from Costa Rica. That ends my story.

I will watch for such charges on my card and dispute them as they arrive, but I don't know if that will work. I am really upset about the charge, but a whole lot more that I let myself accept this offer. I'm a 75 year old engineer, and I knew it smelled bad from the beginning, but as I said, Millions watch CNN and he's on every day. He's got to be making a fortune, says he's been doing this for 18 years. Well, I can rant on, but that tells it all.

1) I just want to keep the stuff as promised, without additional charge.
2) In my heart I think the man should change his ways or stop doing business.

Va

Comments

• Vp
      17th of Mar, 2008

Video Professor is eager to help our customers with their concerns. Please contact our Executive Customer Assurance Department directly at (800) 500-1183. You will be responded to within one business day. You may also email us by visiting www.letvideoprofessorhelp.com

• Bi
      25th of Dec, 2008

Speaking of 18 years, the commercial with him pitching the ebay cd must have been airing all that time. And he always says it's a GREAT NEW PRODUCT. I know I've seen the same commercial for at least 3 years. If he had any real business saavy, he'd keep fresh NEW commercials going and not STALE ones. The public is stupid and he knows this. If he pounds the same commercial into your head millions of times, he thinks you'll buy his product. It's the opposite with me. The more I hear about it, the more I'm turned off by it. Kinda like Michael Phelps in that damn RosettaStone commercial. I would NEVER buy the product because I'm sick of hearing about it.
    But as far as Video Professor goes, it has become more of a joke than a viable product.