Video Ezy / scratched dvds

Brisbane, Queensland, Australia Review updated:
Every time i have rented out DVD's from Video Ezy in the past year, at least one of the DVD's is scratched
and does not play through. I have taken them back to the shop, complained and they "supposedly" fix it
by using their cleaning machine. I go back home and it still doesn't work!

Im sick of wasting my time and money. I'm never using Video Ezy again until they fix this problem or compensate
me for my time and money- which i doubt will ever happen..
Ka

More Video Ezy Complaints & Reviews

Comments

Da
  8th of Apr, 2008
Video Ezy rent out individual dvd discs when the original cover states that it is multidisc.
Mj
  2nd of Nov, 2008
I had a similar problem with rented movies skipping. Then I found out it was the laser in my DVD player that was dirty. If I had a movie I owned (relatively clean) it played fine. But when I got a rented movie (with some minor scratches) it would skip or lock up.

I went and bought a DVD laser cleaner (one with actual cleaning fluid), and it solved the problem. The other thing, is now I replace my DVD player every year or two and move my old one to my spare bedroom. New laser don't skip as much on rented DVDs.

Good luck,
MJ
2y
  12th of Feb, 2009
Yes, Video Ezy does do this. However if they rented out the entire multi-disc series to you (lets say it's a tv series) and it was a new release (which is usually the multi-disc dvd's that have been seperated) you would still be complaining because you couldn't watch it all in one night. Give them a break.