Video Direct / They have no customer service

I just tried to buy from Video Direct Ft Lauderdale Florida. I have never seen such a lack of customer service in my life.

I placed my order and sent my money (not done via credit card). I couldn't get a receipt. I couldn't get a written acknowledgment of my order. I asked for a copy of the order to be emailed and they weren't capable of that. They had no scanner, nor could they save a document as a word file, PDF or anything. I asked for it to be faxed - couldn't do that. I asked them to let me know the waybill number - couldn't do that. I was being polite, but when they simply could do even the very fundamentals of customer service, I questioned their practices. At that, they took offence and simply cancelled my order without even asking, and said they were sending the money back. It is actually costing them to send a check back by UPS rather than just fill the order.

Not only have they been incredibly ignorant, but the whole thing could have been resolved with the tiniest of effort. They are going to twice the effort just to cancel an order that they would have had to just process. A company like this does not deserve to have web sales, and certainly isn't as good as any ebay supplier.

I can't imagine what their after sales service would be like!!

If all goes right and you don't ask them to deviate from established procedures, they may be fine. I'll stick to reputable companies who are responsive to their customers. VideoDirect has no business being in business IMHO!

Va

Comments

• Si
      28th of Apr, 2009

I tried placing an order for a Panasonic LX3 camera which showed as being in stock on the website and even let me place it in the basket. Prior to purchased I called to confirm it was indeed in stock and it turned out that it was not but would be there in a couple of day. The salesrep said he would look into the inaccurate stocking information but to just place the order and it would ship as soon as they received it. I checked back several days later and it still showed in stock. Upon calling the salesrep on 4/28/2009, he now stated it would be in the next day and to just place the order. Upon my stating I'd rather place the order when I was certain they would be stocking the camera I was told, "Well then you won't get one", and promptly hung up on.