Vidal Sassoon / 2 hair accessories that don't work

1 Fort Wayne, IN, United States Review updated:

Sent the below message to Proctor & Gamble, who's associated with Helen of Troy, who owns Vidal Sassoon. (..whew! took forever to get to the bottom of that!):
"Purchased 2 hair accessories. The Fan Tail VS15188 is impossible to use, in spite of an online forum stating the same by many consumers. One person even gave
recommendations, but still unable to use with your instructions. Same with Pony Connect VS15213--hair pulls out of band when pulled to connect in back. I'm 58
years old with medium length hair. My 28-year old daughter with long hair tried both on her & me without success. HELP!"

There was no email to contact Helen of Troy, & nor Sassoon, so I went right to the top. A few hours later (on a Saturday night!), I received the following response from P&G:
"Hi! Donna, Thanks for contacting P&G. The Vidal Sassoon products you wrote about aren't ours. P&G no longer makes any Vidal Sassoon products - we discontinued
the Shampoo and Styling products more than 5 years ago. You may want to recheck the package label or consult the Thomas Register at your local library to locate the
name and address of the current manufacturer. You can also visit them online at: http://www.thomasregister.com .
The last information we had on Vidal Sassoon hair styling products, brushes, hair dryers, etc., was that they were manufactured by Helen of Troy. You can reach their
company by writing to them at:
Helen of Try, Attention Customer Service, 1 Helen of Troy Plaza, El Paso, TX 79912
-or you can try emailing: [protected]@hotus.com
-or by calling toll-free:
Consumers: [protected]
Retailers: [protected]
I hope this information is helpful.
Dianne, P&G Team"

So if anyone else has been given the run around by Vidal Sassoon, try going this route, per P&G.

Dd

Comments

• Dd
      14th of Jul, 2009

Sooooooooo, Nonniemouse--you obviously like to read a lot more into a message than the writer writes! If you'd take time to read the message you'll note that nowhere did I say Sassoon is a bad product. When I took them back to Ulta (a beauty store/salon for those that haven't heard of it) to see if any of the stylists/consultants knew how to use it, none did. When check forums (which are extremely helpful in researching any kind of product), there were no solutions -- only complaints that it doesn't work as instructed, with many negative remarks & derogatory names for the Fan Tail. I purchased these 2 products in the first place because they're unique, look fun to use, and the accompanying pictures on the front of the card are enticing.

Again you miss the point -- I don't want to "return them...and get on with life" -- you must have passed over the HELP I ask Sassoon for in capital, bold letters; in other words, I'm hoping that someone that has purchased these & has been successful in using them will pass on the secret. After I submitted the above a few days ago, I did another google search on the Fan Tail forum, and there was an entry from a beautician whose client brought the accessory to her for a hair style for a wedding, and beautician had to improvise with bobby pins & lots of hair spray. She was so frustrated and not being able to accommodate her client that she successfully contacted Sassoon via Helen of Troy; she even put the contact's name/email/phone # in the entry -- Sassoon rep agreed the instructions need more graphics & better text, which they are currently working on as a result of numerous complaints.

Both my daughter & I have thick hair: mine is shoulder length, hers is mid-back. As for your advice to cut it to chin length...mine barely stays in a ponytail
    now--the back ends up hanging on my neck-- and my daughter chooses to keep her hair long, not cutting it as a solution to using a few accessories! These are the first 2 neither of us can use, so cutting hair seems pretty extreme and definitely isn't a solution. The 1st step to use the Fan Tail -- "Gather hair in a ponytail..secure with a braided elastic". Two sets of instructions are for medium-length/fine hair as well as long-length/thick hair. You're obviously not familiar with either product.

When searching internet on how to contact Sassoon for further instructions, I hit a dead end -- websites mentioned Regis, Helen of Troy, Conair, with Proctor&Gamble as their head. I was impressed with P&G -- hours after my plea for assistance, their customer service rep responded ON A SATURDAY @ 9:30 P.M. I thought it would be Monday or Tuesday at the earliest if I got a response at all.

I found https://www.complaintsboard.com by doing a search for sassoon, and it led me to a complaint about burnt hair from a Sassoon curling iron. My original complaint above is a result of this search; it gives my complaint as well as contact info to complain about Sassoon products for those, like myself, who have hit dead ends. I will continue to come back to this site on https://www.complaintsboard.com with the hope that someone will respond with a post as to how to use the products I mentioned, rather than useless information to "get on with life" and "cut it to chin length". Do you just search sites like this all day for mental stimulation? This being my first internet post, I was hoping these types of sites would be useful and give solid advice and/or feedback rather than random comments.

• Zm
      20th of Aug, 2011

I spent at least an hour trying to find a replacement comb for my VS 1875w Ionic dryer with no luck. I was like wow this surely can't be this difficult. So when i came upon this link i dialed the number contained in the link and finally got to where i was trying to get to after several edits of my request (in google). I thank you very much for this information. I was starting to think i would have to throw away (donate to Goodwill) my perfectly good working dryer and buy a new one just for a dang-gone comb.