Victory Moving & Storage / Intimidation/missing and damaged property

My son and daughter-in-law contracted with Victory M&S out of Brooklyn,NY (same co. as All Victory) The move was from Boston to Seattle. The moving crew in Boston showed up a day early and gave them the bums rush intimidating them into packing quickly. The crew (thugs)were trashing their belongings as they loaded them. They also coerced and intimidated them into paying a $400 gatuity to "ensure" their property would not be damaged. Delivery of the belongings was a nightmare. It took over 4 weeks, numerous phone calls and much anxiety. When the delivery truck arrived it was a rolling disaster, had what appeared to be phony plates and the two drivers looked like they just got out of jail. They wanted the delivery half of the payment before unloading. I spent 1/2 hour negotiating with the driver and his boss over the phone before giving them half the payment and gauranteeing the other half after the belongings were unloaded. Good thing I did! Most of the packing boxes were water logged (there was a hole in the roof of the truck.) Many packing boxes were crushed and about 25% of all glass items were broken. The coffee table and end table were both broken. The dining table top was broken. Some metal items were heavily dented. The bedroom dresser, two dining chairs and a sofa cushion along with 4 packing boxes of goods are missing. After I refused to give them the remainder of the payment there were several intimidating and threatening phone calls from company representatives. I am a retired cop and spent 12 years of my career investigating fraud,organized and white collar crimes. Based on my conversations and experience with this company one thing is very clear. It is an organized criminal enterprise. They are not a professional moving company. They make their money through fraud, intimidation, threats, and stealing victims property. They get away with it because there are few statutes or agencies governing their operations. They also know most people do not have the resources to pursue them civily. Even if you do you will discover a number of different companies that come and go and are difficult to track. Every victim needs to write their state and federal legislators asking for effective statutes to deal with this type of devastating crime.

A  3rd of Jan, 2007 by
What a nightmare!!! When the truck arrived at the loading point, all went well while I WATCHED 3 guys wrap and load my household goods. Straight truck I told them and the company representative Jackie - I need this to be delivered on a straight truck they reply was " no problem". Much to my dismay, the shipment arrived in an 18 wheeler as part of 6 deliveries. . . what happened AFTER I paid the driver-- it was/is a nightmare!! Every piece of furniture is damaged not just nicked but busted; every box that we have opened this far has something broken in it. Criminal neglect? Mishandling? Retaliation for reporting the CASH that the foreman was given? And the company won't return my calls . . .