Victoria's Secret / www.VictoriasSecret.com / selling polyester as silk!

It seems that every time I order something silk from Victoria's Secret, I get something either polyester or rayon. In several cases, the items were labeled silk on the tag as well as the web site and catalog. Other times, the items were labeled correctly as polyester or rayon on the tag, but Victoria's Secret was advertising them as silk on both the web site and in their catalogs. I have complained and returned the merchandise in each case, and VS has never corrected even the web site descriptions of the items. (I can provide some style numbers.) This has also happened a couple times with things that VS said were cotton that were not cotton at all, but rayon. Imagine how much this is happening if I am only one consumer ordering a few things here and there! Man-made materials such as rayon and poly are MUCH CHEAPER TO MANUFACTURE, and VS is apparently making a tidy profit off customers who simply cannot tell the difference between high-quality natural fabrics and cheap man-made ones. I am not just picky, silk launders differently, and I am allergic to unnatural materials... but it isn't that hard to tell the difference. There are simple tests one can do to determine the nature of a fabric, if you cannot tell by feel and appearance. I encourage consumers to CHECK YOUR GARMENTS or have them checked by a professional, as VS is making money off you thinking you're buying silk. SHAME ON YOU, Victoria's Secret! [Note: I have purchased a couple authentic silk items from VS, but rest assured, real silk is the exception at this company.] Aside from the fact that polyester is fabric made from PLASTIC/CRUDE OIL, Victoria's Secret is WASTING MY TIME. Every time, I have to pack up, ship back the items, and wait for credit. I have the right to buy what I want and not what I don't! VS is also losing business, as I might have chosen a different item that I would actually KEEP, if they weren't so busy lying to me to get me to buy something ELSE. But the economic damage is really to all those women out there THINKING they're buying silk (and/or cotton, on occasion). Silk sells for a lot more than man-made fabric, and thus, VS IS STEALING. There's a class-action in here somewhere... At the very least, people should contact them and/or make a big stink on the web!

Va

Comments

12th of Oct, 2007

I agree, Victorias Secert has cheap items. I ordered a blouse that looked absolutely beautiful in the catalog and when I got it, it was so cheap looking. It was awful, after that I never ordered from them again. What a rip off.

• Br
      26th of Nov, 2007

I make clothes. What this cheap company does is on purpose, that I can promise you. Most people don't know the difference between rayon and Silk, or even what a thread count is, or what the hand of a fabric means. Stop buying cheap crap from China people! Wake up. Victora uses cheap fabrics that are assembled by slaves in China. If you feel you need this crap you may just want to turn your man on by just going naked. Its cheaper and then you don't have to walk around looking like a fool with plastic crap made from oil.

• Da
      4th of Dec, 2007

On 11/23/2007 at North Star Mall in San Antonio, Texas I visited the VS store with a FREE panty card (which they always give me a cheap thong that I can’t even use) and to purchase a bra with the $5 off coupon. When I got home and looked at the receipt, they have added the $5 coupon and then they subtracted it leaving me, dumb consumer, paying the total amount for the bra! What a disgrace! Losing a good customer for $5 which it should be pocket change for them. We need stronger consumer protection laws.

I agree with other complainers. Those coupons are to get you in the store so they can rip you off.

4th of Dec, 2007

This is directed to Daly, I honestly don't think they meant to "rip you off" You should have checked your receipt before leaving the mall. If you pointed it out to them I bet they would have corrected it for you. And I don't see how you not being able to use the thong being their fault?? What you people lack to see is everybody is in the business to make money, We have been very satisfied with VS for many years. Yeah somethings aren't quite what they say, what can you expect, it saves them money... Companies like saving money... Just a thought.

22nd of Feb, 2008

I agree with this I think this is not a mistake, some times it happens by missunderstanding .. i always shop from http://www.utsavsarees.com It's very nice!

Amardeep

• Pa
      24th of Mar, 2008

i recentley purched a bra body by victoria size 38d well when i get ready to wear it the next day i looked in the cup and it looked like someone brest had leaked in side of it. the spoot was bigger than half doller. i was very up set because i live 45 miles from huntsville ala where i got it. it wasn't a cheep bra either:.(
    what's a person to do?

pamela hensley
    po box 168
    Lynchburg TN 37352
    931-759-7064

Gee I don't know...you could find a VS closer, look up there customer service number and ask for a return label to be mailed to you so that you can do an exchange through mail, or if you really find it important enough to complain about on here, perhaps you should drive back to where you bought it.

23rd of May, 2008

As far as the panty coupons go...they don't "give you a cheap thong you can't use"...you get to pick what style, size, and color that you want. Granted the colors are limited with the coupon, but you can definitely find something usable. And if you actually read the coupon, it's no purchase necessary. Meaning that you don't even have to purchase the bra to get the free panty -- true story, I've done it numerous times! And just our of curiosity...if they "always give you a cheap thong you can't use" why do you keep going back?

• On
      20th of Sep, 2008

Seriously VS isn't bad. Otherwise people all over would have complained and it wouldn't exist. These complaints are just the people who have had the mistake and the majority don't get any mistakes.

I'm from Australia and constantly buy from VS and do you know what, i've never had a bad item.

• Nn
      19th of May, 2009

I hate Victoria Secrct! They sent me a wrong order and when I call to tell them about it they gave me an attitude and told me that I have to bring the wrong order to post office and mail it back to them. This is very inconvenience for me to go out of my way when it's their mistake! I don't mind dropping it off in my mailbox but why do i have make a trip to my post office when it's their mistakes! And on top of it if by accident they don't receive the order then what? GRRRR... I am calling VS to cancel my card with them. I won't shop at VS anymore!

• Ms
      5th of Jun, 2009

I like Victoria's Secret but I don't like the prices. It just isn't affordable. $40 on a bra? I honestly find them a bit overrated and some bra's from the dept stores are just as good and they are much cheaper. I've also noticed the fabric quality isn't that great. I had bought a cotton (well, i thought it was cotton) push up bra and after I had washed and dried it the first time it came out all warped. And just for your info, I did follow the care directions. This is probably the last bra I'll ever buy there.

9th of Jul, 2009

Although I agree that some items I purchased at victoriassecret.com are made of cheap fabric, I think that they're bras are good quality and I barely wear any other types of bras from other department stores. I understand all the complaints and agree with most but most of the time, I am satisfied with my purchases at victoriassecret.com and victoria's secret stores.

• Co
      12th of Jul, 2009

What are the style numbers

• Co
      12th of Jul, 2009

what are the style numbers of the clothes they sent you that are a different material

• At
      4th of Nov, 2009

I am beginning to think that the same person who works for VS is posting responses to everyone's complaints. The tone is quite similiar here as it is on all of the boards where complaints are posted about VS. Don't get so offended, whoever you are. If the person is not recieving adequate customer service, you should certainly address that, instead of knocking them for their experiences which obviously they are sharing in any public forum they can find. You are losing a ton of customers and not making anyone feel better about VS. I, for one, am swayed by their testimony.