Victoria's Secret / charge before shipment!

Also before when we order merchandise from Victoria's Secret, they would put a hold on our bank card, and then actually charge the card when the merchandise ships. This is standard procedure for merchants, from what I understand, but there is no law that says this. I placed an order with Victoria's Secret yesterday, and was informed that it will be up to 10 business days until the merchandise ships (a delay in shipping), because they are switching to a new warehousing system. Guess what? The charge for the order posted to our back account in one day. I called and complained and was given a run around; everyone I spoke with acted like they did not understand what I was talking about. I called my bank and was told that there was nothing we could do about it. It does not take a lot of intelligence to figure out what is going on: Victoria's Secret is anticapting problems in shipments due to their switch to the new warehousing system, and to cut their losses they have decided to charge their customers for their orders at the time of the order, rather than at the time of the shipment. This makes me very, very angry, and I will never, ever buy anything from them again. They have decided to make their customers pay for the fact that they cannot get it together to make a smooth transition to a new warehousing system. There is a time value of money. They intend to take their customers' money and run, and deal with the fallout later.

Comments

• Ju
      25th of Sep, 2007

The same problem with my order. I made this order on August, 21, my credit card was charged on August, 22. I received one part of my order on September, 12, the second part on September, 21 and I am still waiting for one piece which was not shipped. I am furious! After one MONTH, I still have to wait. Horrible service.

• Fu
      27th of Sep, 2007

Looks like this is contagious!!!

Ordered 10 items on 8-29-07, recieved 5 items on 9-12-07, recieved one item on 9-24-07, and still waiting on 4 items. My card was charged immediatly when I placed the order. I recieved 3 e-mails stating these items were shipped, apparently they never were. Customer service reimbursed my shipping charges and offered me a gift card, but it is still deceptive practice. I will not order via internet ever again.

• Ha
      27th of Sep, 2007

Charged me twice for items never shipped from Victoria Secret new state of the art warehouse. Keep hearing how sorry they are, will never buy from again.

• In
      28th of Sep, 2007

Same problem here: I ordered one item on August 20 and they charged my card the same day. I complained to customer service and they acted like I was the one with the problem; total runaround from them. After telling me twice they had shipped my order, I found out they actually had NOT and that was two weeks after I placed my order. When I complained about being lied to, they began to ignore my inquiries. I actually had to complain to the Better Business Bureau to get a response. Eventually, a customer service manager replied to my complaint and did, in fairness, attempt to rectify the issue. Unfortunately, it's now 30 days later and the item I ordered in August still has not shipped. Totally unacceptable.

• Wa
      28th of Sep, 2007

I think that Victoria Secret completely stopped shipping. But instead of telling customers this, Victoria Secret still took orders, charged customers, in some cases double charged customers, and failed to ship packages, this is deceptive practice and I would expect more from a billion dollar company like Victoria Secret. I ordered items in August, after countless phone calls, e-mails, and being told I would recieve my items in 14 days, I am now told I will not recieve my package from Victoria Secret until October. Again unacceptable.

• Am
      23rd of May, 2008

I've always been billed for each individual shipment at the time it's shipped. And the product always arrives before the expected date. It sounds like you guys just got stuck with some crappy people to handle your orders. As far as the billing...never had that happen and they've gotten thousands of my dollars over the years! lol