Victorian Townhomes / Landlords lies

1 Corsicana, TX, United States Review updated:

Previous to my daughter moving into Victorian Townhomes, Corsicana TX. The landlords stated the area was safe, that they had 2 kids of there own. The area was quiet, etc. My daughter and her roommate were excited about the townhome since it was bigger than the apt they had. She chose to move next to the landlords, since they stated they were quiet, which was important to my daughter/roommate, since they were full time college students and worked to pay rent.

Two months later, the landlords stood outside their unit partying til 2:30 in the morning, as much as 3-4 days a week, along with other neighbors. My daughter was getting very little sleep. We thought, where are the young children they have? Come to find out, they were only their for the summer. As soon as the children left is when the partying started. I told my daughter to start video taping the landlords partying, since her window was right next to the unit. She wrote the owner a letter to explain the concerns she had about the landlords. The owner said she could break the lease with notice. A few days later, he didn't believe her even though she had video tapes of the occurrences. The landlords had lied to the owner, saying they were only outside their unit drinking once.

There are a lot of things that have/had occurred but it would take 10 pages to write it. JUST BEWARE, do not ever move into these townhomes. My daughter and her roommate put their notice in, moved out. If the girls do not get there deposits back, we will be taking the landlords/owner to court.

If anyone ever has problems with landlords, there is help out there. We did our research on the internet. Search "tenants rights" and the state that you are in. Remember "Quiet Enjoyment" is the law!!

Comments

• Li
      9th of Oct, 2009

Yes this happened to myself when I was quite younger in another place and state, but I had retaliation from landlord because of the owner mentioned my name to them, that I was the one complaining. It is a vicious world out there. People are Greedy and need jobs and will say and do anything for their aprtmnts to be filled up quickly. They get bonuses for this.
    I learned along time ago that if you are looking into a aprtmnt to live, Drive by at nite on weekends to see whats happening. Also, look on the court sites and see how many people they have evicted, that should tell that they have not good tenants or they want just money out of good people. It can go both ways with renting. But I feel they have us checked out, we also need to check them out.. I think Good renters need to fight back! Good luck with deposit being returned.

2nd of Nov, 2009

I have lived at the Victorian Townhomes for over 2 years and I have never had the problems that the previous tenants complained of. The management has changed a time or two over the years and I have to say that the new managers have made this apartment more enjoyable than any other apartments I have lived at. Since they have taken over, repairs have been made quickly and the apartments have never looked better.

Other tenants here are college students, but this place is very calm and quiet. I am a full-time college student taking 18 hours online and I do not have any problems with having peace and quiet to do my work. I also have never had a problem sleeping, even though I live near the landlords that the previous tenant is ridiculously complaining about.

Yes, the landlord enjoys a beer or two after a long day of working construction and maintaining the apartments. If he wants to sit outside and mind his own business with a beer or two, who am I to complain?

These tenants started many problems with the apartments. Despite the family atmosphere here, the girls complained that they were "afraid" of the landlord. I would be afraid too if I had pets in my apartment that were not approved by the owner and that I did not pay the pet deposit for.

Also, if someone is on a lease, it is their obligation to deal with the landlord, not their mother's. People who are not on a lease have no standing or right to file complaints, as the landlord tried to explain to them. Another situation that occurred while they were living here was that one of their boyfriends had an unnecessarily noisy truck that would wake up the babies that lived in the apartment ever time he revved his engine to show off. (which was every time he came or left the apartments)

Not all tenants that break leases are good tenants, especially ones that broke the lease for failure to fulfill their obligations. They may claim that they pursued all of the appropriate options before moving out, but there are always three sides to a story. Their side, your side, and the truth. Plain and simple, here is the truth...The Victorian Townhomes are a great place to live! I have never lived at an apartment complex that has made me feel so comfortable and at home! My lease is up in March of next year and I definitely plan on renewing!

2nd of Nov, 2009
    Victorian Townhomes - Landlords
    Victorian Townhomes
    Corsicana
    Texas

This is actually not a complaint. I already commented on another complaint about the landlords at Victorian Townhomes. I would like to say that complaints made earlier regarding these apartments are completely false! I have lived here for over two years and this is a GREAT place to live! I am a college student taking 18 hours online and have no problems having enough quiet to do my homework and tests.

People may feel indignant when they twist the situation to fit their reality. If you do not play by the rules, though, the law is not on your side. If you simply want to play by the rules and have a peaceful place to live and have a chance to have a family, community atmosphere, move in here! I love this place and plan on renewing my lease!

• En
      10th of Dec, 2009

Ignorant, narrow minded, control freak - I guess those are good character traits in mommy, when she is the only one taking care of you. Of course, moving into your OWN apartment implies you will play a grown up and do something for yourself.
    The Mother is a low talent realtor driving a broke down bucket of a car. The children are underage, and post PUBLICLY online that they are drunks and fools, trashy little children. Illegal animals, unfounded complaints, and an un-willingness to work with management and follow their lease agreement, made them a detriment to the area, and ALL of the tenants in the neighborhood are glad that they, their mommy, and that truck that is an extension of an obviously weak manhood, are gone!
    Good riddance to bad rubbish!!!
    If you are looking for a great place to live, good neighbors, and an easy going neighborhood, this is the place. We cook for each other, take care of each others children, and make sure we all get to work, family, and home when we need. This is a family, not a neighborhood, and weak minded hate-mongers like Donna P hurt the good name of good people. if you need a good home, understanding landlords that live onsite, and a community, this is the place!

• Dp
      10th of Dec, 2009

Dear Double AC,

If you like it so much there, when you renew your lease, rent the townhome next to the landlords! More videos have been taken of them out there! Oh, and take the bedroom where the window faces the front. Let's see how much sleep you get!! I hear it's still vacant, since no advertising has been done to lease it out (except one month on craigslist), I'm sure it would be perfect for you!!

Sweet dreams!

• Re
      11th of Dec, 2009

Double AC: You just verified that the landlord does drink a beer or 2 outside there units quite often, which is forbidden by the owner. Thanks!

Dear Envind: You shouldn't put down her mother. Little do you know, mother owns a new one ton Dodge and just bought her daughter a new Dodge. Did you ever think that maybe she likes her little car. She can drive what she chooses. You are so judgemental! You can't judge a book by it's cover. You must be the landlord trying to save face. Per witnesses, no, not ALL of the tenants in the complex agree with you. At least her kids are getting a solid education and going on to bigger and better things...Happy Holidays!

• Re
      11th of Dec, 2009

Hi Double AC and Envind: It's the wicked witch of the West "MOM". I hope when people read your comments, this will prove how you (landlord) and buddies are. I am so HAPPY she is away from Victorian Townhomes. You are so immature, not management material at all! I have lived all over the world and never have encountered such unprofessional acts. I think any parent would take their child away from an environment like what you are providing there. No matter what age a son or daughter is, we (parents) will always protect them. Everything out of your mouth is lies. Has been from the beginning. We are very proud of our daughter! If she was a party animal and trashy girl, I don't think she would have a long employment history, full time college student getting her associates degree and going to Texas A&M next year to become an "Equine Vet". I shouldn't have to justify your trash mouth talk but it pisses me off. That's why I'm not going to show my husband the things you said about me and our daughter. If you think I'm protective, you haven't got to know my husband. I just hope when people read this, they will not make the same mistake my daughter did and move there. Next time you want to call someone a trashy drunk, you need to look long and hard in the mirror!

14th of Mar, 2010

I just want to follow up on above comments to say that you never really know anyone. You may think that others such as neighbors are friends, but they end up treating you like crap in the end. Watch your neighbors and management. You can never tell that someone is not who you think they are until it is too late.