Victoria Vitale-Lewis M.D. / upper lower blepharoplasty

1 Cocoa, FL, United States Review updated:

Dr Vitale -Lewis performed upper and lower eye lid surgery on me 2002. It left me with hollowed eye, sunken eye sockets, wide and rounder eyes. My eyes do not stay shut during sleep at night, I can blink. My eyes are sensitive to sunlight and must wear dark sunglasses year round. The whites of eye show above the upper eye, where the lid was cut to short, and once natural crease cut away. This doctor suctioned to much fat, (my eyes were not droopy to begin with), only needed enhancement. I was very attractive and modeled from time to time. She cut excessive tissue away, and muscle, leaving a very round, wide and hollowed eye and look. As though I'm frighten all the time. Little skin is left on upper lid, and because this skin is thin, caution in fat grafting is a concern. My once almond eyes altered and leaving a negative appearance. Right eye larger than left.
She did nothing in attempting to reverse this when I complained, but stated to "give it time". She also never admitted to any errors, just rushed me out so other patients could not see me. No amount of time would fix this mess.
I have had one Fat grafting attempt to correct. I need more. I have had medical attention for scratched cornea, caused during sleep while eyes were open. They will not stay closed, some nights I tape them shut. I'm always afraid of damage. I have had to save money and seek other opinions and consultations on reversions and corrections. None are guaranteed, all cost. Skin grafting my need to be done if structural grafting does not work.
I would not recommend this doctor for eye lid surgery. She ruined my appearance and life. I was left me to face the emotional and depression this trauma caused and created by inexperienced surgery. I rarely left my house.
My family back in Illinois did not recognized me when I visited home. I have past old School friends, that hadn't seen me in two years, and they look but walked right past. Did not know who I was, and I was too embarrassed to speak.That is how altered my face had changed.Dr. Vitale-Lewis never showed any regret, concern, or sympathy for my appearance and the stress it caused. I lost all faith, respect and confidence in this surgeon. After 4-5 follow-ups almost one year after surgery, and no help or attempt to help, I left and never went back.
I will continue to seek reversion and help. Beware, do your homework, ask lots questions, try and find former patience, or ask for them and never assume. A Board Certified Plastic Surgeon means nothing if not up-dated on new procedures, or experienced ( enough) in performing a particular procedure, Or negligent in performing them. Your eyes are you, they are the window to your soul. I have been raped of my original god given face, and my genetic heritage. My sisters and I looked alike, no more. When your eyes are changed, altered, it changes your entire features. My nose appears longer now, because my eye are rounder.
Web sight "Before and After" pictures are chosen by Doctors people so don't be fooled. You should see my after pic. Wait you can.
So do your homework, it could turn out to be one of the worse, regretted choices of your life. There is little emotional help, support, or counseling offered. If you think you have a law suit, think again. You elected for this, most Juries would not have sympathy, (unless left grossly disfigured). Attorney's less, no money here. And you may not have enough money to get it fixed. If your like me and of modest means. Specialist aren't always in your area. Could end up being something you are faced to live with the rest of your life. I wouldn't wish it on anyone.

Comments

• Go
      7th of Aug, 2009

It's the risk you take with trying to change the already created.

It doesn't make sense that you would say you're so beautiful, yet you felt the need to change your appearance.

Here's a lesson learned, work with what you've got. None of this crap is going to matter when you're an 80 year old woman who needs to wear a diaper.

• Vi
      15th of Jan, 2010

It is always so delightful and positive packed, when someone like you comments on things. No compassion or identification here. I thought about ignoring your comment, and then thought "no way".

Yes, a woman can be beautiful and have god given features that time and age can alter. At age 55 I had bags(fatty tissue) under my eyes and only wanted them removed too enhance what I already had. Refreshed.

Dr. Victoria Vitale Lewis, talked me into both, upper/Lower. Thinking that she was a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon, and knew what she was doing and talking about it would be o.k.

That was my FIRST MISTAKE. All Plastic Surgeons are not the same, have the skills necessary and know there stuff.

With all the commercialism on cosmetics, beauty and plastic surgery in the media today, it seems surprising that you would even ask such as question.

As far as getting old and reaching 80 and wearing diaper? Well again, you don't know me. I am in good health, work out daily and chances are I won't be in that diaper wearing category, but even if that happens, who are you too knock me or any woman that chooses to have Plastic Surgery. Perhaps it wouldn't benefit you, and therefore you feel justified in knocking those that do.

I will never tell a woman not to have something done, if she is convinced it will help her appearance within reasonable expectations. I'm only saying "know who you chose or you could end up deformed"!

You must be one of Dr. Vitale Lewis stooges, plants that go on these and try to be- bunk complaints. I'm here to tell you, that i wouldn't be on here if it weren't for the fact that this unskilled Plastic Surgeon ruined my face, eyes and life with no regard to me, my future or emotional state. She lucky complaints are the only things being tossed her way. She should be put out of practice.

My complaint is not the only complaint. Keep searching this sight, because there are at least 5-6 more complaints on here. She is very bad at many other procedures. From my eyes to nose and face lifts. Keep looking, you'll find them. She also has complaints on other web sights that rate a M.D. Her own staff have wrote negative things about her lack of skills.

This is a poor excuse for a doctor and I'm truly surprised she is still in business. I know I am doing my very best to see she does not do to others, what she did to me.