Vicks Warm Steam Vaporizer / Model V150SG / Vaporizer poor product

1 Hudson, NY, United States Review updated:
Phone: 1.800.477.0457

Vicks Warm Steam Vaporizer - Putrid Smell - Rebate Deception. Purchased new a Vicks Warm Steam Vaporizer for 3 year old daughter's cold /night breathing problem. The price was $15.00 at Target. On start up, emitted a sewer smell - who would ever put that putrid mist in their child's room! Constructed so cheaply, can't tell if top is on or loose. Rebate offer on package is deceptive! The $3.00 off sticker on the package which says "$3.00 off on Vicks" refers to 3 one dollar coupons for thermometers or medicine, not the machine purchased. Vicks product made in USA is not concerned with child health. Will return!

Ge

Comments

• Ni
      23rd of May, 2009

I have had a cold for the last week and a half. I have tried everything to stop coughing, the only thing that worked is the Vicks Vaporizer that I borrowed from a friend. It doesn't have a funny smell and I feel much better after using it. I actually want one now. I hear they are pretty cheap and I can tell you very reliable! I bet this lady received a lemon. Which happens, don't piss on the product unless it happens more than once. Try washing the product out or returning it for another one to try!

• Fu
      27th of Nov, 2010

Like...what steam. I ran the thing all day and all night and still had a tank of water. If this is a vaporizer I'll take vanilla. I also returned it to Walmart!

• Ri
      23rd of Apr, 2013

I bought a Vicks humidifier new, filled with tap water, let it run for 30 minutes, but no steam. Added a pinch of salt, then it worked fine. Now there is a visible mist blowing up, hissing noise. Except maybe I burnt something, because there is a burnt plastic odour. I let it run an hour to see if it would go away, but the steam still smells bad.